Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max¥¥

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Over there....
it is going to be very hard to run osx on it if i can't get it too boot proplery, i tried to install 10.3 (witch is supported) it told me i need to update my firmware, so i shut it down, osx hanged on the shutdown, so i did a force shutdown, turned it on no screen, turned of and on, now i get a screen but it is all out of focus and not the right colours:mad:

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
so i tried what apple suggest if you have no video (pram reset) now i don't even get a chime:(

It'd help if we had pictures of what's going on. Think the hardware is okay, you just need to fix some settings since your machine is pretty old.

Maybe you could try reinstalling OS X? Because if it froze, well, that's an issue.

max¥¥

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Over there....
pictures wouldn't help much as there is no chime no picture on the screen nothing

Edit: i'm sure the problem is firmware (i read about this a long time ago), i also read the firmware is stord on the same oard as the cpu, is this true

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.