Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xweendogx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2010
Hello, all. A newb here. I've been Googling my butt off, but I'm trying to find out what kind of object/data view the table layout is in the iPad app store (or like in the Marvel Comics iPad app)? Is it just TableView? Something else?

Any leads in the right direction are appreciated.

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
You can actually examine the App store HTTP traffic, and dump the HTML. It's mostly divs inside one or a few big webviews. Very little table view stuff, if any.

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
firewood, why do you think that because the data from the store comes as html that the display in the appStore app is a webview?

I think it's probably a table view. The data may come as html but it can easily be parsed and then used for display of the rows.

A few things that make me think it's a tableview and not a webview:

In general the appearance is of a table view.
In particular the chevron disclosure indicator looks like the table view one.
The images load lazily. I think that a webview would load all the images as quickly as it could.
The selection of the row when you tap it and then the deselection of the row when you drag it is exactly how it works in a table view. I think you'd have to implement this in javascript to make it work like that with a web view.

While it might be possible to do that with a web view the interactivity will not be so easy to do and all of that works in a straightforward way with table view.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.