PDA

View Full Version : iMac G5: Does the apple light up?

jazzman45
Oct 11, 2004, 09:40 AM
Is it just me, or does the apple look like it's supposed to light up? Does anyone out there know if it does, and/or if you can get it to light up?

-Tyler

nospleen
Oct 11, 2004, 09:57 AM
Is it just me, or does the apple look like it's supposed to light up? Does anyone out there know if it does, and/or if you can get it to light up?

-Tyler

Mine does not light up. But, the 'sleep' light is like a spotlight! :p

MacinDoc
Oct 11, 2004, 10:14 AM
I'm pretty sure the sleep light that's opposite the power switch is the only thing that's intended to light up. IMO, making the Apple logo also light up would take away from the elegant simplicity.

KingSleaze
Oct 11, 2004, 11:11 AM
Yes, the Apple on the iMac G5 looks similar to the one on my powerbook, ie. it looks like it should light up. However, the documentation says that the only light on the iMac is the sleep light.

Elan0204
Oct 11, 2004, 01:07 PM
The Apple doesn't light up.

However, I think it would be cool if the Apple was the sleep light. So the Apple would pulse when the iMac was asleep and would stay on solidly when the iMac was on but the display was asleep.

If the Apple were lit up while you were using the computer I think it would be distracting, so I wouldn't want it to do be on all the time.

toughboy
Oct 11, 2004, 04:17 PM
The Apple doesn't light up.

However, I think it would be cool if the Apple was the sleep light. So the Apple would pulse when the iMac was asleep and would stay on solidly when the iMac was on but the display was asleep.

If the Apple were lit up while you were using the computer I think it would be distracting, so I wouldn't want it to do be on all the time.

I agree.. It'd be cool but at the same time very distracting while you try sleeping...

deral
Oct 11, 2004, 05:01 PM
i think if the apple pulsated light, I'd get hungry.