Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fanboykiller

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Hi
Two days ago I started noticing this annoying problem whenever I wanted to load a page. The page never loads at first, forcing me to press refresh in order to see its content.
I didn't install anything nor changed any configurations.
I called a friend with a Win Vista PC and everything was fine in his computer.
I tried the Safari, Firefox, Chrome and Opera browsers. The problem subsists in every one of them.
My router is a Pirelli DRG A223G and I've never had any problems with it.
I alredy tried switching it off, reseting it, turning off and on my airport, restoring my disk, cleaning the browser's cache and info, etc..

ANy more suggestions? Much appreciated:)

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
very odd issue - and there could be lots of causes of the problem.

firstly - if you plug a ethernet cable directly into the modem, does it speed up at all?

if you go to speedtest.net and run it, what results do you get? could you have been "capped" at all speed wise by your ISP?

Fanboykiller

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2010
My speed is fine. I got 5.75mbs when I'm paying for 6mbs. The problem is not with my ISP.

I've tried a friend's PC running Vista and no problems at all. I also have a connected XBox 360 and didn't have any problems with the connection all day long.

The issue is definetly within my Macbook. I didn't upgrade or touched anything and that's what's driving me nuts. Can the airport be damaged or something?

Fanboykiller

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2010
I uninstalled all of my plugins and it worked, browsing was smooth again. I the installed the flashplayer plugin and it became less stable again so it's definetly adobe's flash.

I googled the problem but there's virtually nobody else with the same issue which is very strange... do you guys know if there's maybe a conflict with anything else?

AndyK

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2008
Terra
Just a note "speed" has nothing to do with it generally on your connection, stability does. It could be addons self updating causing your connection to loose stability with many different connections from / too it going on.

With a product like Flash, if you're the only one with the problem from a google search, it would tend to suggest it's not a problem with flash & more with your machine / connection.

complexthrill

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2010
finally!

well well well, I've been having the EXACT same problem! people were starting to think I was crazy! I'm not sure how to delete my add-ons so I haven't tried that but have definitely troubleshooted my internet connection. If you let me know how to delete add ons I'll see if Flash does the same for my machine.

Fanboykiller

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2010
well well well, I've been having the EXACT same problem! people were starting to think I was crazy! I'm not sure how to delete my add-ons so I haven't tried that but have definitely troubleshooted my internet connection. If you let me know how to delete add ons I'll see if Flash does the same for my machine.

I use appcleaner. It has a section for plugins only.

I'll try to unistall flash 10(most recent) and install 9 to see how it does. As the other user said, if I'm the only guy (now we're two) with this kind of problem, it's got to do with my machine's compatibility.

Fanboykiller

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2010
I unistalled flash and browsed around. The problem persists and I'm going nuts! Any advice? God, to think that I switched from windows to avoid unexplainable problems and now I'm stuck with one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.