Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Just as the title says, will the ipad if in the apple case fit on the ipad dock fine? Or would I need to remove the case?

(I bought the ipad with the apple case and now im thinking about getting a dock, however if i have to keep removing the case to get it to fit on the dock then il pass)

raremage

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Orlando, Florida
Unfortunately you would need to remove the iPad from the Apple case in order to use the dock.

As an aside, that appears to apply to just about every case out there, other than (possibly) some of the this hard-shell cases that only protect the back of the iPad.

Same for the keyboard dock.

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Doh... oh well, thanks for the quick reply though man, appreciate it!.

Maybe il head for a bluetooth keyboard and just fold the case so that the ipad can be stood up.

imPhelikz

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2010
México
Dockable case

Just as the title says, will the ipad if in the apple case fit on the ipad dock fine? Or would I need to remove the case?

(I bought the ipad with the apple case and now im thinking about getting a dock, however if i have to keep removing the case to get it to fit on the dock then il pass)

The only one i have seen that works with the dock, is the nude by switcheasy.

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
I wonder if someone could make a 3rd party dock with a longer connector so that the iPad could be docked without having to remove it from a case. Of course, it might not be real stable...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.