Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nate13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 16, 2004
Fargo, ND
This goes out to all the programmers and designers:
what does it take to become one for the mac platform?
I like the interface, but would like to do something more. is there a way i could teach myself? books? apps? it seems like its a cool platform to work with, but do you need special training? just a thought :D
nate

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
http://www.programmersheaven.com thats a good start. Umm... you can use Fast Light Tool Kit with Mac's, FLTK, which works real well when porting to other systems like Linux, Windows, Unix, etc. (Well mac is unix based). Anyways, I'd use FLTK if you're programming for a multi-platform, but it doesn't have the window scheme like the other systems do. IT has its own grey scheme. For programming macs, just do a search or that. If you want an example code of FLTK (its so simple) just ask and I'll post it. The FLTK source code is so easy to read through and see how to use properties (provided that you've programmed before) you can learn it just by the source. BTW it uses C/C++ programming style. You know

int function1(int, int);
int function1(int x, int y)
{
int z = x + y;
return z;
}

cb911

macrumors 601
Mar 12, 2002
BrisVegas, Australia
i'm not sure what you mean about designing for the Mac platform? :confused: do you mean interface design, stuff like that? i really dont' know how to get into that stuff...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.