PDA

View Full Version : Waterfield designs Muzetto bag.

Tom G.
May 31, 2010, 02:23 PM
Back in mid-May I ordered a Muzetto bag for my iPad from Waterfield Designs. I was told at the time that I would have to wait until the 1st or 2nd week of June for it because of a backlog of orders.

I just received the following e-mail from Gary:

"Just wanted to give you an update on your Muzetto Leather bag—I know you've been waiting patiently. We recently had to reject a large batch of leather from our tannery that did not meet our quality standards. Unfortunately, this has pushed our production back. We realize that this is disappointing. However, we just could not go forward with a batch of leather that did not meet our standards. We are planning to send your Muzetto out in late June. Personally I think it is a great bag and worth the wait... but let me know weather or not you can hang in there. My apologies for the delay."

To anyone else who is thinking of ordering this item, beware, this is not the first time they have used this excuse, they used it in early May as can be seen from posts on this forum. I ordered from them because I thought that they had worked things out, but apparently they haven't or can't or won't. The end result is that the customer is the one being screwed.

Spankey
May 31, 2010, 04:09 PM
I received my Muzetto and it is beautiful. Given the quality of the bag, I hardly see this as an excuse. Waterfield was communicative and great to work with for any ordering delay.

mac jones
May 31, 2010, 04:42 PM
Oh I see, they made up that lie to cover for ....what?

Do you think they are embarrassed to use the word 'Backordered'?

Maybe.

Maybe for some companies this word is very shameful. :D

MacMur
May 31, 2010, 06:45 PM
If I've ever delt with a company that communicates better than these guys I cannot remember when it was. They have been honest and forthcoming at every turn. The term "lie" simply does not apply.

I have a Muzetto bag and it is worth the wait.

JCT
May 31, 2010, 07:13 PM
Waterfield is known for both the quality of their gear and their customer service. They were absolutely walloped by the demand for their iPad bags.

I own one of the Muzetto portable bags and the leather is beautiful and quite unique. As the bag is defined by the leather it is not hard to imagine that Gary would reject something that he felt was substandard. As you know, it isn't exactly a cheap item, so it makes sense from his standpoint not to take the risk of sending out bags that he wasn't 100% happy with.

How are you "screwed"? Have they charged the card and are refusing to refund you? Just cancel the order and buy something else if you don't want to wait. There are tons of nice options out there.

DougFNJ
Jun 1, 2010, 04:03 PM
This goes to show you that there are absolutely people out there that cannot be pleased no matter what.

Tom G.
Jun 1, 2010, 04:46 PM
I find it remarkable the people who will put things into replies to posts that were never in the original.

Both "MacMur" and "mac jones" said in their posts that I used the word lie in my post. I never used the word "lie" in my original post, read it carefully and try to tell me where you see it, but you can't. I did use the word "excuse", if you check your Funk and Wagnalls I think you will see that there is a difference between them.

I posted the original post to warn people that apparently, irregardless of anything they may say in their ads, you will have a very long wait for your order.

Also note that this message is a backorder of a backorder. How many of them should you let slide before you warn people that they may have a much longer wait for what they have ordered and expect to receive. That is what this post is all about warning people of a company that as far as I'm concerned has a history of not delivering on time.

Also note that as I have never yet received anything from them, I have not said one word about their quality. I can't. But I can warn prospective customers so they will not get their hopes up for no reason.

How did I get screwed? That maybe was a bit harsh but when you are promised something and then delayed and then delayed again what would you call it? Good business practice? I don't.

Lastly note that I haven't cancelled my order, I'm keeping my options open. A lot of people on this forum have said their quality is good, that's fine, it seems that they need to do something about their business practices though and that may include getting a different supplier.

I did tell them that if they were "truly sorry" for the double delay that they could show it by free express shipping. I haven't heard back from them on that.

MacMur
Jun 1, 2010, 05:48 PM
Tom G I am truly sorry that you were offended by my "lie" reference. I did not see it in your post however I did see it in "Mac Jones" post. Just wanted Waterfield to get an even break. I have dealt with them for a few years and find their customer service a cut above most of the rest.

I'm sure they will take good care of you. They have always gone the extra mile for me. And if for some reason they don't, let us know. We need to deal with the best and train the rest.

Thanks