Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maf2k8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2009
Just got my iPad and really looking to get a apple branded case. All local best buys, apple stores and Frys are sold out around me. So i looked online at the apple store and it shows s 3-4 week ship date.... Seriously??? Or is that a bad estimate?? Just curious if i place a order on apple if i will really be waiting 3-4 weeks. I can get a iPad in 7-10 days but wait a month for a case seems a bit odd

iserian

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2010
Palo Alto Apple Store
I had one on order and was one week in when I was able buy a couple from my local apple store. Safe bet is to order it via Apple - and then check your apple store from time to time. Not sure why you feel its Odd to have one item available before another item - happens all the time in the world that I live in.

Note - Fry's in my area have yet to receive anything from Apple for the Ipad - including Ipad's. The Best Buy's that I called in my area said they have yet to receive the Apple Ipad case either.

Attachments

• IPADCASE-20100528-1445.jpg
    IPADCASE-20100528-1445.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 676

DeuceDeuce

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2007
San Dimas, CA
iserian said:
I had one on order and was one week in when I was able buy a couple from my local apple store. Safe bet is to order it via Apple - and then check your apple store from time to time. Not sure why you feel its Odd to have one item available before another item - happens all the time in the world that I live in.

Note - Fry's in my area have yet to receive anything from Apple for the Ipad - including Ipad's. The Best Buy's that I called in my area said they have yet to receive the Apple Ipad case either.

How many times are you going to post that picture? Do you want us to congratulate you on getting 3 of them? I can send you my empty box and you could really look cool if you want, just let me know where to ship it.

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Apple wasted them all in the UK! Lol

I went to my nearest apple store yesterday and they had 15+ in stock there! The racks were full, and I would expect the cases to be from launch day (last Friday here) so they're not selling many here.

Should have bought them all, maybe I could have made a profit by sending them to the US!

Good luck searching.

couzo

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2010
Regents street on Sunday had loads of the cases and ipads. I saw a number of trolleys going past with them on while I queued for my case purchase. The ipad queue was huge!!

millypede

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2004
UK
Regents street on Sunday had loads of the cases and ipads. I saw a number of trolleys going past with them on while I queued for my case purchase. The ipad queue was huge!!

Most of the iPad Cases will be at Resellers today or tomorrow

Faalkor

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2009
I placed my order on May 10th and my ship date is June 8th. It can't get here soon enough! I am scared to death something bad is going to happen to my precious....

Fry-man22

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2007
For the last few weeks the best buy site has been stating unavailable for the Apple case, Now the site has changed to say "Coming Soon" for it.

It's like they "un-released" this case...

SebZen

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2009
I know this isn't what you are looking for, but I suggest you stay away from the apple case. Its complete crap, i've had it and returned it the same day. None of the ports even align right.

Look for the Yoobao case thread here. It mimics the apple case but a lot better, and same price (might even be able to find it cheaper)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.