Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AE50P

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2010
Will most of the new games that will be released for steam come out for both Mac and PC? I think remember reading that valve will do that, although I'm not altogether sure. I just want to be sure before i get a new computer and decide to put windows on it.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
Will most of the new games that will be released for steam come out for both Mac and PC? I think remember reading that valve will do that, although I'm not altogether sure. I just want to be sure before i get a new computer and decide to put windows on it.

Valve's games will have a simultaneous launch. For the rest though it's going to be up to the individual publisher. I highly doubt that we'll see very many games until more stats pour in and things become more established.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
All of Valves will, some other developers will. But I'd imagine the bulk of the ~1200 games on Steam won't support OSX.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
All of Valves will, some other developers will. But I'd imagine the bulk of the ~1200 games on Steam won't support OSX.

This is why I'm hoping Valve will be able to sweet talk Aspyr into joining them.
And I hope that ID software will put their Mac releases onto Steam.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
And I hope that ID software will put their Mac releases onto Steam.

I emailed Zenimax asking this exact thing, they said they haven't announced anything yet. One of those typical replies that sounds like they will be doing it, just not yet whilst also removing all responsibility incase it doesn't happen... you know the type!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.