PDA

View Full Version : Keep getting 'An iPad has previously synced with this computer' message

wozwebs
Jun 1, 2010, 12:04 PM
Hi there, got my iPad Thursday, linked it all up in iTunes, put some already downloaded apps on, few videos, music etc. no problems.

Have been playing with it non stop, downloading loads of apps on the iPad itself via the app store. All good.

Just plugged it in to iTunes to add some more tunes to it and it's coming up with the message:

'Set up your iPad'

'An ipad has previously synced with this computer'

I have 2 tickboxes, 1 to setup a new iPad or 2 to restore from a backup taken on 27th May.

Now I don't want to do either do I? If I go for option 2 will it remove apps i've downloaded since Thursday?

Why am I getting this message at all?

Seamaster
Jun 1, 2010, 12:56 PM
I got that message when I plugged my iPad into my Mac for the very first time.

iamthekiller
Sep 16, 2010, 01:48 AM
I have the same issue. Apparently there is no solution.

jbmac13
Jan 24, 2012, 10:56 PM
i kept getting this message and everything on the phone was restored as per contact info and email info..
-i then selected set up as new phone.. just added an extra character at the end of the phone name.
-once iTunes would recognize the phone i right clicked on the device and chose restore from back up.
-went through the restore process and everything was right with the world again and was able to restore all apps and music...etc

hope this helps