PDA

View Full Version : McRumors

Tilpots
Jun 1, 2010, 01:19 PM
Over the years, MacRumors has grown into a pop icon and I thought what better way to symbolize this than to pay an homage to another great pop icon. Imitation, surely, is the sincerest form of flattery. I got this idea as soon as Doctor Q released the stats a few days ago. Alright, here goes nothing. Hope you like.:)

xUKHCx
Jun 1, 2010, 01:25 PM
Love the thread title and the clever linking between the two.

Tilpots
Jun 2, 2010, 06:59 AM
Love the thread title and the clever linking between the two.

Thanks xUKHCx! Appreciate the comments!

rdowns
Jun 2, 2010, 07:40 AM
Nice job. I like this one best, so far. :D

TheNewDude
Jun 2, 2010, 07:42 AM
Wow, it will be interesting to see if this thread ever hits 10 million posts....

I thought I'd do my part and contribute with my post... ;)

jayducharme
Jun 3, 2010, 06:52 PM
LOL! This is great.

harry*333
Jun 3, 2010, 10:53 PM
Really clever,I like it a lot
However, and this is just my opinion, it kinda offends me just because I don't like McDonalds as a resturaunt or a company
Other than that... Nice

Tilpots
Jun 4, 2010, 07:40 AM
^^Thanks for the posts, peoples!

bobr1952
Jun 4, 2010, 04:26 PM
That's a great avatar--very well thought out--nice work!

RawBert
Jun 5, 2010, 05:41 PM
LOVE the new avatar! My favorite avatar ever. Great job.:)

McGiord
Jun 5, 2010, 05:45 PM
It's very nice.

Isn't it missing the mac/apple factor...?

What toy comes with the McRumors Happy Meal?

Tilpots
Jun 5, 2010, 06:55 PM
^^Glad you folks liked it!

Isn't it missing the mac/apple factor...?

I kinda figured everybody else would be doing that heavy so I wanted to go in a little different direction, something a little more subtle. I thought about using the MR apple and question mark halves as the arches, but it just became too unrecognizable to make the instant connection.

What toy comes with the McRumors Happy Meal?

Ha! Well of course it's PRSI action figures for all the opinionated boys and girls!

http://www.politicalschwag.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/politicians-super-dolls1.jpg

sushi
Jun 5, 2010, 07:01 PM
Over the years, MacRumors has grown into a pop icon and I thought what better way to symbolize this than to pay an homage to another great pop icon.

Like your tar. Creative and clever. Very nice. :)

BTW, for some reason, your tar makes me hungry. :p :D

Tilpots
Jun 5, 2010, 07:13 PM
BTW, for some reason, your tar makes me hungry. :p :D

I was thinking the same about yours!:D

TheAppleGeek
Jun 6, 2010, 05:33 PM
Over the years, MacRumors has grown into a pop icon and I thought what better way to symbolize this than to pay an homage to another great pop icon. Imitation, surely, is the sincerest form of flattery. I got this idea as soon as Doctor Q released the stats a few days ago. Alright, here goes nothing. Hope you like.:)

I saw the avatar the other day, and it's definitely my favorite. :)

King Mook Mook
Jun 7, 2010, 07:42 AM
This is (by far) my favourite avatar, bar none! This is such a clear idea and very well executed! Awesome job OP!

King Mook Mook

kainjow
Jun 7, 2010, 09:45 AM
I agree, well done. McDonalds should be paying you for ad space ;)

quantum003
Jun 7, 2010, 06:40 PM
Really clever,I like it a lot
However, and this is just my opinion, it kinda offends me just because I don't like McDonalds as a resturaunt or a company
Other than that... Nice

It kind of offends you because you don't like McDonalds? Dude we all know McDonalds is trash and caters their swill to the lowest common denominator, but that's no reason to get offended by their logo... just don't eat there like everyone else. :D

I dig the avatar, but I do think that using a font with a bit more panache would give it more dazzle. What is that, arial? Maybe try Myriad Pro or something instead...

Don't panic
Jun 18, 2010, 10:00 AM
nice 'tar.
you could make a variant 'kinking' the third 'leg' inward so that it looks a bit like an R to make it read MR

Tilpots
Jun 18, 2010, 10:02 AM
nice 'tar.
you could make a variant 'kinking' the third 'leg' inward so that it looks a bit like an R to make it read MR

Where was this before the voting began! Great idea.:D

farmermac
Jan 2, 2011, 12:37 AM
I love both equally. McRotten holds a special place in my heart, especially when the McRib is back. Macrumors is a lot healthier.