Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

balwx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Greetings. Just picked one up online. My email says ships in 3-5 business days? Any chance they ship sooner. Of course, I'm eager to use it. Thanks :D

diazj3

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2008
Sometimes they do ship sooner, but not earlier that 3 days.

It's good to know that finally there are some mini refurbs available. I've tried to pick one, but they seldom come around.... then I decided to wait and see if the minis get audio capability in MDP to HDMI.

Enjoy your machine! did you get it as a dedicated computer, or as a media center? or both?

cheers!

indg

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2007
couldn't wait a week to see what they announce at wwdc? lol.

next mini having audio through mini-dp is almost guaranteed seeing as the mb, mbp, and imacs can all do it.

balwx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Sometimes they do ship sooner, but not earlier that 3 days.

It's good to know that finally there are some mini refurbs available. I've tried to pick one, but they seldom come around.... then I decided to wait and see if the minis get audio capability in MDP to HDMI.

Enjoy your machine! did you get it as a dedicated computer, or as a media center? or both?

cheers!

Thanks diazl3. Usually there are only a few a week, which almost always go within an hour or so. My needs are basic: email, web browsing etc.. I do run some financial software, so my intentions are to use the mini for this purpose.

balwx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
couldn't wait a week to see what they announce at wwdc? lol.

next mini having audio through mini-dp is almost guaranteed seeing as the mb, mbp, and imacs can all do it.

No, it doesn't matter to me at all. This will probably be used exclusively for investment analysis & decision making. My needs are very basic. Of course, the mini will be purchased fully with aapl profits. Cheers.

speedwaygirl

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2010
Yes, lately they have been selling out in minutes, but tonight they have stuck around for hours. Maybe there are too many of us waiting to see about an update?!

balwx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Yes, lately they have been selling out in minutes, but tonight they have stuck around for hours. Maybe there are too many of us waiting to see about an update?!

I agree. I tried for several nights to pick up something, only to click on the link which resulted in a dead end. Tonight there are still a few left.

diazj3

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2008
No, it doesn't matter to me at all. This will probably be used exclusively for investment analysis & decision making. My needs are very basic. Of course, the mini will be purchased fully with aapl profits. Cheers.

Cool! by the way aapl has been performing lately, I guess you could've gone for a 8-Core MacPro with 2x2.93 Quad processors, 4xNvidia GT120 and 32GB RAM... and run the whole Wall Street from there... for just a bit over 10K in aapl profits!!! :D

But seriously, the mini is an awesome machine - too bad Apple (imo) doesn't put enough effort into it, with more updates and all. I convinced my father about ditching his 5 y/o Dell workstation and replaced it with a 2.53Ghz Mini... hooked two 20" displays to it, which the Mini can handle without a hitch, to run all his powerpoint and excel stuff. It's so silent you can't tell it's on if it wasn't for the led in front of it. He couldn't be happier with it.

I want t get one as a media center, hence I'm waiting for the MDP upgrade... but I doubt it'll be announced during the WWDC.

Cheers!

balwx

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
@diaz

Ah, sounds like a great machine. I'm just a small guy in the pond. I do have lots of fun and have made a few bucks. Cheers...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.