PDA

View Full Version : DMS Leather iPad Case...Anyone w/ Experience?

$MacUser$
Jun 1, 2010, 07:02 PM
Have been looking for an iPad case...found this one on Amazon with good reviews:

DMS Leather iPad Case (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003K0E6BG/ref=s9_simh_gw_p23_i3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0H0F8VWNAPQMPZH57S3P&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938811&pf_rd_i=507846)

Does anyone have experience with this one? If not, is there a good case out there that has the prop/typing angle function, and is also highly recommended?

vynn
Jun 1, 2010, 09:26 PM
I bought it when it was $20 so I'd have something to use until I receive the Noreve case, plus it has the added feature of strapping to the car headrest for my kids.

1) The faux leather is pretty low quality, not sure how long it'll hold up.
2) It does have a chemical odor at first which quickly dissipates.
3) The various stand positions work surprisingly well & sturdy
4) I don't like how it's strapped in but all controls are accessible.
5) All outer edges of the iPad are exposed.
6) The 2 corner straps overlap the corner of the screen slightly. :(
7) The elastic band feels like it would stretch out when strapped to the car headrest after a little while.

I can post some pictures if interested. All in all, it's probably worth $20-$25 at most and it beats setting the iPad down naked but it has a pretty cheap appearance. I was hoping a skin such as the case-mate might be thin enough to fit inside this case to protect the edges of the iPad but the fit is too tight.

$MacUser$
Jun 1, 2010, 09:28 PM
I bought it when it was $20 so I'd have something to use until I receive the Noreve case, plus it has the added feature of strapping to the car headrest for my kids.

1) The faux leather is pretty low quality, not sure how long it'll hold up.
2) It does have a chemical odor at first which quickly dissipates.
3) The various stand positions work surprisingly well & sturdy
4) I don't like how it's strapped in but all controls are accessible.
5) All outer edges of the iPad have exposed are exposed.
6) The 2 corner straps overlap the corner of the screen slightly. :(
7) The elastic band feels like it would stretch out when strapped to the car headrest after a little while.

I can post some pictures if interested. All in all, it's probably worth $20-$25 at most and it beats setting the iPad down naked but it has a pretty cheap appearance.

Hmm, interesting. I guess I'll jump on the bandwagon and grab one of the Yoobau ones.