Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

liamkp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 29, 2010
:eek:Speck has a candyshell for the ipad, quite expensive at 50 bucks though... sorry if this is obvious, but i had no idea that they made one, but not suprised

yvrgal

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2008
Vancouver
:eek:Speck has a candyshell for the ipad, quite expensive at 50 bucks though... sorry if this is obvious, but i had no idea that they made one, but not suprised

Is this what you're talking about? :)

DSC00426.jpg

eTip

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009

You say that you are "not surprised" but your liberal use of exclamation points would indicate otherwise. Easy there - don't use up your entire allotment of exclamation points in one post....

.....just messin' with ya. ;-)

LordOBoogie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
I wonder if it gets all scratched up like the ****** iPhone Candyshell? Seems incredibly overpriced.

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
I wonder if it gets all scratched up like the ****** iPhone Candyshell? Seems incredibly overpriced.

I have one. Didn't pay $50. Amazon is my friend.

It's a nice case. Lots of protection. Adds bulk and weight though.

Right now I'm back to caseless. In the "to sexy to cover up" mode.

Steve

JayMysterio

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2010
Rock Ridge, California
At the time, when many of us got our Candy Shells, ( when they came out ) many of us used coupons for 25% & more off. So the case ended up being $35 or less. For that price it is a nice alternative, it is heavy, but offers impressive protection. Do a search & you'll see a review done, as well as about a dozen threads about the candy shell.

nutsnbolts

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2008
The candyshell does get scratched up easily but the protection is awesome. It is also a bit heavier but it gives a solid feel to the iPad. I like how the bottom flips open so you can use a docking station.

Overall the product is quality and is worth it in my opinion.

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
I would buy this if if didn't have the flap on the bottom. I don't have a dock, and will never need one, so this feature is useless for me. I'd rather have it solid all the way down.

liamkp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 29, 2010
holy crap, i just started this yesterday and already have it categorized as a hot thread, darn, i thought i was one of the first to know, guess not, i think they should have more colors, but it just recently came out, so what are you gonna do? eTip your post is so confusing

JK

hmmmmm, its only 35 on amazon, thats alot better, has anyone noticed that amazons ipod touches keep rising?

liamkp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 29, 2010
yah, thats what i thought, but apparently there still selling, more power to 'em.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.