Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

With the leak of a claimed white front panel for the next-generation iPhone last month, it appears that if the parts are in fact legitimate that Apple will be bringing the existing iPhone color option of a white back around to the front of the device. Since that time, additional photos of the white front panel have surfaced as interest in mockup renderings of the full device in white has been on the increase.

133618-white_4gen_iphone_back_1_500.jpg

Repair shop PowerbookMedic today appears to offer the first apparent proof that Apple is at least planning to continue offering the option of a white back with the next-generation iPhone. The evidence comes in the form of images sent to the shop showing several claimed iPhone parts.

133619-white_4gen_iphone_back_2_500.jpg

Notably, the white back case contains placeholder text for the model number and other identification numbers, suggesting that the parts represent a prototype build and are not from the final release widely rumored for introduction at Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference next week.

In addition to the white back panel, PowerbookMedic also received images showing the same white front panel seen in previous leaks, as well as the digitizer and midboard assemblies.

Article Link: New Images Show White Back Panel on Next-Generation iPhone

martynmc7

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2008
It sure was nice of them not to take any pictures of the front. Either way I think it looks quite swish in white!

cvaldes

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2006
somewhere else
Just waiting for the nitwits to start wailing about screws or seams. Or how white is a terrible color (as if they aren't going to have a choice). Or the sharp edges. Or the lack of OLED. Or the lack of a Mac Pro refresh...

:D

Yr Blues

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2008
Seams must have a function, otherwise Ives would have killed himself a long time ago

the 3GS have screws at the bottom, no?

tac22

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
look at the bottom of the first image, it shows white not black even when its faced down on the front side.

look at it compared to the gizmodo pics, that shows black when its faced on its front
next-iphone-banner.jpg

okay here is a picture of the front
iphone4g6.jpg

would have been nice to include it with the article... the question is what is up with the holes above where the screen is suppose to be, and why its not on the black one???

*edit* also look at the sim card slot why isn't it flush like the gizmodo one??? Edit okay looks like sim is missing, (empty slot)

Oh and one more thing... is that seriously white, it looks like an ugly green, like of one the colors the shuffle use to have but lighter

I don't see why anyone find that appealing...

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
It sure was nice of them not to take any pictures of the front. Either way I think it looks quite swish in white!

Check the link...there's a partial pic of the front. Same as we've seen before.

It's the back we hadn't seen yet. :)

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
These leaks are ridiculous. Apple needs to assemble prototypes in house. There is a freaking leak at Foxconn.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Damn. There goes my ability to pre-order. I'm gonna need to hold this in my hand before I decide.

I've NEVER liked the previous white iPhones because the front and back mis-matching was weird. If both sides are white, I'll consider it this time.

Djlild7hina

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
*edit* also look at the sim card slot why isn't it flush like the gizmodo one???[/QUOTE]

The sim tray is missing from the white one unlike the gizmodo one

hobbbz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2005
look at the bottom of the first image, it shows white not black even when its faced down on the front side.

look at it compared to the gizmodo pics, that shows black when its faced on its front

*edit* also look at the sim card slot why isn't it flush like the gizmodo one???

There's no sim holder in there, you're seeing the inner lip of the frame.

Cander

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2008

look at it compared to the gizmodo pics, that shows black when its faced on its front http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2010/04/next-iphone-banner.jpg

*edit* also look at the sim card slot why isn't it flush like the gizmodo one???

You must have missed the rumors of a white iPhone having a white front too.

And the sim card tray has been removed.

fjfjfjfj

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
New York, NY
Damn. There goes my ability to pre-order. I'm gonna need to hold this in my hand before I decide.

I've NEVER liked the previous white iPhones because the front and back mis-matching was weird. If both sides are white, I'll consider it this time.

You could pre-order and then return it if you're not happy, no?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.