Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
I got an e-mail a while back and it looks like internet explorer 9 is finally adapting to the new web standards..

Heres a chart comparing browsers for support in HTML5 & CSS3
2cpf9fs.png

Source: http://samples.msdn.microsoft.com/ietestcenter/

design-is

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
London / U.K.
I got an e-mail a while back and it looks like internet explorer 9 is finally adapting to the new web standards..

Ah, well that's pretty cool to know...

Although it makes you wonder a little about the 100% support for a standard that hasn't been finalised. Can only lead to confusion.

Still, very much looking forward to a standardised future!

/Doug

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
They can claim all they want, but until developers/designers actually start test driving it, I won't be convinced it shines and sparkles as much as they say.

Cabbit

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2006
Scotland
Microsoft IE9 passes tests made by Microsoft.....
Lets see Acid 2 and Acid 3 before we jump the gun testing for HTML 5 and CSS3 though it would be lovely if its true were going to have the next decade of browsers all work the same when it comes to basic page layout.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007

mox358

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2002
Indiana
It would be fantastic if IE9 was more compatible so that it wasn't necessary to do so many hacks to get things to work. Like it was said above however, I'd like to get some hands on time with this and see how well it actually does with real live code.

Here's to hoping it's true when IE9 releases!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.