PDA

View Full Version : iPad ghost armor vs invisible shield

ajohnson253
Jun 2, 2010, 03:57 PM
Just got my iPad in the mail a couple hours ago. It's naked, but surely I will put a screen protector on it sooner or later. There are two malls that both cover ipads, ghost armor and invisible shield. I just don't know which one to go with. I only want the screen covered. Does anyone know price difference and quality differences in between the two. I'd like sod first hand experiences, in the mean time I'll be doing some research.

travistaylor
Jun 2, 2010, 10:32 PM
I can't give any first hand experiences with either of the two protectors you mentioned, but I have heard that the Invisible Shield will hinder the touch sensitivity. Check out some of the reviews on the net.

I actually went with a screen protector from PowerSupport (powersupportusa.com). I got their anti-glare model, and I have been very impressed thus far. The glare is essentially eliminated, fingerprints are significantly reduced (to the point that I do not feel the need to clean the screen at all after one complete day of use). Furthermore, there is literally no screen sensitivity lost. The screen still feels amazing (obviously a bit different with the protector), and I only notice a slight bit of "orange peel" effect.

With that said, it was a pain to get on. I placed it on for the first time and noticed two trapped pieces of dust that were causing air bubbles underneath the protector. So, I began using packing tape to lift the protector, and then using another piece of tape to lift up the piece of dust. Every time I did this, I seemed to trap more dust. All of a sudden, there were like 15-20 pieces of dust stuck to the adhesive side of the protector. I thought I was done for! But, I used the tape on the adhesive side of the protector, and it took the dust right off! I now have a flawless install, with no air bubbles present. It took me around an hour and a half to get it perfect (I had never installed a screen protector on any device before... complete noob).

Sorry if this doesn't help... just thought I'd offer my 2 cents.

spectre51
Jun 2, 2010, 11:05 PM
Check out the one from power support. I have their iPhone protector and you cant even tell it's on there. Gonna get theirs for my iPad too

MUBiomed
Jun 2, 2010, 11:06 PM
Speaking from experience (I accidentally ended up owning both), I personally like the ghost armor better. It has a smoother feel to it (not as much orange peel) and it is cheaper. The customer support can be a little slow with them since I believe they are a smaller company than ZAGG, but they have always been very polite and accommodating if there is an issue and I need a replacement.

In response to the comment above me, I have never had any issue with the invisible shield hindering the capacitive screen of Apple products, but not to say that it couldn't happen. I don't like a screen protector on the screen, so I only went with one for the back of the iPad...for those instances when you lay it on a table or rough surface to type. Keeps the back looking nice...:D

qpid360
Jun 2, 2010, 11:19 PM
Invisible Shield sucks. Trust me. Go with Power Support.

mcdj
Jun 2, 2010, 11:29 PM
There's a forum (http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139) for that.

iphonetic
Jun 2, 2010, 11:31 PM
Power support.. can't go wrong really.

ajohnson253
Jun 3, 2010, 12:24 AM
Power support, only sold online or stores? If stores too,which ones? Appreciate the tips.

JodyK
Jun 3, 2010, 01:01 AM
I personally have Zagg's invisible shield currently protecting my MBP, daughter's ipod touch, my iphone, (was on wives iphone before it fell off the top of her car and was ran over by a semi truck) and on both the ipads my company has.

i didn't even know there was a similar company / product out there named Ghost shield... But I can tell ya that I am very happy with invisible shield.

eTip
Jun 3, 2010, 01:57 AM
I personally have Zagg's invisible shield currently protecting my MBP, daughter's ipod touch, my iphone, (was on wives iphone before it fell off the top of her car and was ran over by a semi truck)

How many wives do you have and why did you make them share one iPhone?

;-P