Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tralasau

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2010
I have been waiting for someone to figure out a good way to edit google docs and sync them and everything.

This week documents to go was released for the ipad, I bit the bullet and downloaded it (had already spend like $30 on other software trying to get something that works).

Works great!

You add an online folder and connect, it syncs to google docs and you can open and edit. It then prompts you to sync and you can say no until you really feel like syncing later.

Max Cache is 500mb, which I hope they increase because I have many files there.

Yay for productivity on the iPad :)

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
I love Docstogo. I haven't figured whether I can output Powerpoints thru the VGA connector. That would be awesome...

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
But it doesn't sync in real time though, right?

Like right now, if I log into my Google Spreadsheet and type something, the other people who has access to the same spreadsheet will see what I am typing as I type it, letter by letter. Its great for updating sales leads and not typing in the same field as someone else is at the same time.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
I saw that and it is indeed good news.

Personally I am holding out for a revamped MobileMe that ties closely into the OS with cloud storage and syncing. In other words, an Apple solution to the same problems addressed by goodreader, air sharing, and now docs to go.

Don't know how long i will wait but switching out of my current workflow will be somewhat of a pita and I don't want to go to googledocs/docs2go only to get an apple solution shortly thereafter. Maybe after OS4 actually ships for the ipad if theres no apple solution i will make this switch.

One of the budgets hurdles for me is that you cant bulk upload folders and files to googledocs :(

peapody

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Are you sure it can do so? Reading the reviews, people get errors when trying to sync with google docs. I have been on the look out for a document editor, and it seems like the premium of the documents to go has the most word functionality.

ckr4282

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2005
What do you guys think of GoDocs?

BTW, this thread should be moved to iPad Apps.

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
Google gadgets? Calendar?

What about other Gadgets of Google? Like, I have used Google Notebook extensively. Also, a gadget called "To Do List". Also, Google Calendar.

I am trying to utilize as much as possible online programs so it doesn't mater what device I am on.

Also, there are several to try...but I am worried about trying them because of giving out my google password, etc. Is it pretty safe to put in a password in an app that is trying to sync with your iGoogle account?

Thanks!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.