Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Justinm59

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
I'm thinking of getting the Crumpler 5 million dollar home for my camera and wanted to know if the iPad would fit into the front pocket. Does anyone have this bag and an iPad? Thanks!

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
I don't have the 5 million but I do have the 7 million. I tried it for you, but I don't know how the front pockets compared between the two.

With the Apple case off it fits side to side but sticks out the top of the front pocket between 3/8 and 1/2". There is still mega engagement between the velcro on the flap and the bag so I see this as a reasonable fit.

With the Apple case on it fits like a champ. It goes all the way in with no protrusion out the top of the pocket and the velcro fully engages.

I would definitely go with this with the case on just for the extra piece of mind.

Steve

Justinm59

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Thanks so much for trying it out for me, glad to here it fits in there no problem. I'd still like to know if it fits in the 5 million dollar one so if any one has one please let me know.

normwood

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2008
In a house...duh!
Thanks so much for trying it out for me, glad to here it fits in there no problem. I'd still like to know if it fits in the 5 million dollar one so if any one has one please let me know.

I couldn't find pocket dimensions on their site, but you could drop them an email.

mail@crumplerbags.com

While you are at it, ask them if they have any iPad specific bags in the works and report back. ;)

Steve

SmaugG5

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2009
Just tried a naked iPad in the front pocket of my FMDH and it will not fit. Hope that helps.

Justinm59

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Thanks, to bad it won't fit. I did get in contact with a crumpler rep and he said he had heard that people had no problem fitting it in the 6 million version with gear. He also said they will be releasing iPad specific bags soon but he knows nothing about dslr + iPad bags at the moment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.