Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chiselteeth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Anybody else having problems with the camera kit? The sd card reader works fine for me, but when I try and connect my iPhone using the USB attachment I run into problems. The photos app launches and the iPhone is detected as a camera for a moment (appears on the top along with photos, albums and events) then it disappears before loading any photos. Am I doing something wrong? Is there some crucial, secret step I'm missing?

I've tried 3 different cables so that can't be the problem...

JodyK

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2010
Northern Atlanta suburbs
I have a big problem w the camera kit ... Cant find 1 anywhere! I ordered one from apple finally after searching everywhere and it is on 3-4 week back order!!!!!

Gymgenius

Suspended
Jan 29, 2010
I've never used the USB dongle in my Camera Connection Kit, but the SD Card Reader one works perfectly.

I'll give it a try with the USB and the camera cable next time I need to import some photos.

blackNBUK

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2010
UK
I've not tried it with a camera yet but the USB connector plus a generic card reader plus an xD card works fine for me.

Have you got a different camera or card reader you could try?

J R R

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2010
Yorks, UK
Just tried it. Worked fine as long as I plugged the iPhone in direct. Didn't like it when I tried via a doc (the iphone in a doc.) Loaded pics, deleted pics from camera. Even a short video. First time I've tried and no special set up.

Sorry this just gives you more problems.

Capt T

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2010
If you slide to unlock on the iPhone it will stay connected. Otherwise the phone goes back to sleep mode if you don't.

the_fellowship

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2008
London, UK
I managed to buy the iPad Camera Connection Kit at my local Apple Store at lunch time and tried it out using my jailbroken iPad 32GB WiFi and a USB stick (corsairmemory Flash Voyager 16GB) and managed to access files via iFile :)

I did a quick test trying to view a PDF, JPG, MOV, MP3 and all worked within iFile. I even managed to send a file via Bluetooth to my jailbroken iPhone 3GS (also running iFile)

iPad Camera Connection Kit has already paid for itself! :)

felt.

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2008
Canada
it's cheap as hell, and looks like it cost 30 cents to build. I plugged in a usb key and the casing came right off...made in china :rolleyes: but I love being able to access my movies,pictures,docs and crap on usb keys or external drives!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.