PDA

View Full Version : Problems with camera kit....

Chiselteeth
Jun 4, 2010, 03:11 AM
Anybody else having problems with the camera kit? The sd card reader works fine for me, but when I try and connect my iPhone using the USB attachment I run into problems. The photos app launches and the iPhone is detected as a camera for a moment (appears on the top along with photos, albums and events) then it disappears before loading any photos. Am I doing something wrong? Is there some crucial, secret step I'm missing?

I've tried 3 different cables so that can't be the problem...

JodyK
Jun 4, 2010, 03:23 AM
I have a big problem w the camera kit ... Cant find 1 anywhere! I ordered one from apple finally after searching everywhere and it is on 3-4 week back order!!!!!

Gymgenius
Jun 4, 2010, 05:54 AM
I've never used the USB dongle in my Camera Connection Kit, but the SD Card Reader one works perfectly.

I'll give it a try with the USB and the camera cable next time I need to import some photos.

blackNBUK
Jun 4, 2010, 06:00 AM
I've not tried it with a camera yet but the USB connector plus a generic card reader plus an xD card works fine for me.

Have you got a different camera or card reader you could try?

J R R
Jun 4, 2010, 06:52 AM
Just tried it. Worked fine as long as I plugged the iPhone in direct. Didn't like it when I tried via a doc (the iphone in a doc.) Loaded pics, deleted pics from camera. Even a short video. First time I've tried and no special set up.

Sorry this just gives you more problems.

lillianad
Jun 4, 2010, 07:41 AM
I have a big problem w the camera kit ... Cant find 1 anywhere! I ordered one from apple finally after searching everywhere and it is on 3-4 week back order!!!!!

Good one! LoL!!!

Capt T
Jun 4, 2010, 09:50 AM
If you slide to unlock on the iPhone it will stay connected. Otherwise the phone goes back to sleep mode if you don't.

the_fellowship
Jun 4, 2010, 11:32 AM
I managed to buy the iPad Camera Connection Kit at my local Apple Store at lunch time and tried it out using my jailbroken iPad 32GB WiFi and a USB stick (corsairmemory Flash Voyager 16GB) and managed to access files via iFile :)

I did a quick test trying to view a PDF, JPG, MOV, MP3 and all worked within iFile. I even managed to send a file via Bluetooth to my jailbroken iPhone 3GS (also running iFile)

iPad Camera Connection Kit has already paid for itself! :)

northernbaldy
Jun 4, 2010, 11:39 AM
For me, the USB gubbins works fine with a nikon d40x but not with the d300s
For the d300s I use the ad reader

felt.
Jun 4, 2010, 01:46 PM
it's cheap as hell, and looks like it cost 30 cents to build. I plugged in a usb key and the casing came right off...made in china :rolleyes: but I love being able to access my movies,pictures,docs and crap on usb keys or external drives!