Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wirelessimports

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
I have a folder thats called video_ts, the contents are what an ISO DVD would look like when expanded.

I want to burn these files onto a DVD. In the past I have just used disk utility and placed the ISO onto the DVD enabling it to play on my DVD player. I don't know if that same technique will work with a video_ts folder.

Does anyone have any suggestions as which software would work on turning the ts to iso?

Thank you in advance.

wirelessimports

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
Thanks, I just got toast but have no idea how to use it. There are so many features. I'll play around with it in a bit but do you have any idea how to use it to burn the ts to iso?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Thanks, I just got toast but have no idea how to use it. There are so many features. I'll play around with it in a bit but do you have any idea how to use it to burn the ts to iso?

YELLOW for making an .iso.

YELLOW until 4. and RED til 5, for burning a video DVD.

Sorry about the image quality, but Flickr does not seem to recognize PNG files anymore and it sized the image down. Bollocks.

4669556545_1f4fdc84a9_b.jpg

wirelessimports

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
Holy *****...

Did you make that yourself? Thats impressive! Sadly I didn't get around to it since I couldn't find the serial number for toast to activate it, so I just downloaded the burn software and it did it for me in about 2 steps.

But all I can say is THANK YOU!

Thank you for going out of your way like that.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Holy *****...

Did you make that yourself? Thats impressive! Sadly I didn't get around to it since I couldn't find the serial number for toast to activate it, so I just downloaded the burn software and it did it for me in about 2 steps.

But all I can say is THANK YOU!

Thank you for going out of your way like that.

Yep I did that. Had some time to kill. It's kinda messy though, but why waste bandwidth with eleven images, if one suffices.

Good though, that Burn helped you.

Btw, that image was all done in Preview, Text Edit and the CMD+SHIFT+4 (+SPACEBAR) shortcuts. Preview is quite impressive with that.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Dude I am dubbing you the new Mac Guru from now on. These geniuses have nothing on that!

Thanks, but I know only a portion of Mac OS X, there are many, many others here that know much more than me.

I just make nice screenshots, I have a camera and some lights, and Macs like to get naked in front of me, at least some parts of it, like video and DVD production. Don't ask me anything about Terminal, I'm still stuck on Charles de Gaulle Airport.

wirelessimports

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
Thanks, but I know only a portion of Mac OS X, there are many, many others here that know much more than me.

I just make nice screenshots, I have a camera and some lights, and Macs like to get naked in front of me, at least some parts of it, like video and DVD production. Don't ask me anything about Terminal, I'm still stuck on Charles de Gaulle Airport.

You don't know of any software that can play MKV natively on the iPad do you? I can't deal with the streaming nor converting of the files. There are way too many to constantly convert.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
You don't know of any software that can play MKV natively on the iPad do you? I can't deal with the streaming nor converting of the files. There are way too many to constantly convert.

Search this board via MRoogle, maybe someone has found a way, but as far as I know, there is none at the moment, but I don't keep up to date with the iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.