PDA

View Full Version : DRO Carbon case looong delay, or vaporware ?

Absrnd
Jun 4, 2010, 07:29 AM
anybody got one of these yet ?
http://droconcepts.com/ipad/carbon-fiber-ipad-case.html

I ordered almost two months ago and they said they would be shipping May 22nd and 23rd, but haven't received any shipping info or tracking info
they don't respond to emails any more :(

last blog item was about getting a pen for the shipping delay :(, I don't want a $ 3,- frigging pen, I want my case !

is this vaporware ?

garretruh
Jun 4, 2010, 07:34 AM
According to their website (image attached) they sold out. Maybe yours will be in the second batch on June 20th.

Absrnd
Jun 15, 2010, 07:39 AM
I ordered waaaay before they sold out :(

But after sending a polite mail every day, they finally responded with the standard " mail was in the spamfolder" excuse.

And said it would be shipping today, how surprising !, and would receive shipping information very soon.

Let's hope Amy is not talking out of her behind .

yogurtmac
Jun 17, 2010, 12:34 PM
got mine a few weeks ago and it is perfect. It must of been in the first shipment. Exactly what I wanted. Here are some pics. I hope they show up :)

Absrnd
Jun 18, 2010, 02:54 AM
Mine is taking ages to arrive, even now they a took a looong time to respond to mail, and still have not real shipping info.
it's now almost 2,5 moths after ordering :mad:

Your order is staged at our fulfillment center and should be shipping today

what the heck is a "fulfillment center" :confused:

And how solid is the case ?, and please show some more pics of the inner lining, please :)

yogurtmac
Jun 18, 2010, 02:06 PM
It is a pretty solid case. It will definitely protect the iPad from any major falls and scratches. I have traveled a lot since I got it and have been very impressed, plus it looks awesome :)

The liner is some type of thick foam stuff, it is maybe a 1/4 inch thick and protects the front/back side/side and bottom. The top is exposed but the case protrudes about 1/4 inch or more and the strap is surprising strong. It sounds bulky but when you hold it in your hand it is not. It is perfect for travel but for around the house you do have to take the iPad in and out to use it. Every case will have its pros and cons.

I will try to take soemmore pictures.

MAC-GOSSIPER2
Jun 18, 2010, 02:10 PM
ummmmmmm is this a joke post? guess somebody TURNED BACK THEIR CLOCKS ACCIDENTALLY CUZ IT AINT APRIL 1ST (APRIL FOOLS DAY) NO LONGER!! newsflash: its june 16th, 2010. THIS POST IS A JOKE AND I JUST CHOKED WITH ANGER BECAUSE ITS SUCH MISINFORMATION.

REAL TALK: THE DRO CARBON CASE IS GOING TO GIVE YOU NOTHING BUT A CASE OF THE REGRETS!!! YOURE NOT GOING TO WANT THIS PRODUCT FOR ANY REASON!!!!!!!!!!

i had 3 of them for my last ipad and they snapped just by gently grazing it!! the plastic is actually made of the sugar they use to make fake glass in movies for stunts.

LET ME REPEAT: DO NOT BUY

DO

NOT

BUY

xoxo
gossip_ipad_mac'r

Absrnd
Jun 19, 2010, 03:57 PM
well, I guess these are just mass produce in China :(, and probably cost a buck and a half.

http://china-carbonfiber.en.made-in-china.com/product/BeRJaqgMHorc/China-iPad-Case-Made-by-Carbon-Fiber.html

another week and I will cancel my order, it's the worse customer service I ever had, they just keep lying about shipping time :mad:

atomicbatteries
Jul 26, 2010, 04:03 PM
ugliest thing I have ever seen!