Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Hey guys/gals,

I know this year being decently spoiler-free has been impossible due to Gizmodo and numerous other major leaks, but either way - this thread is meant for people who would prefer to wait until the Keynote is viewable.

As always,please don't post ANYTHING that may indicate how WWDC turned out (Ex. No Apple stock updates, no iPhone rumors, no OS X news).

I will update this post with a link Monday night, courtesy of Voidness & other members. The Keynote is typically online 5-6 hours after the Keynote ends)

LINK:

Thanks for everyone who contributed! And thank Voidness for the amazing Keynote checker.

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Just what I wanted, didn't MacRumors previously send an email to users who wanted spoiler free coverage?

Or am I dreaming?

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
We do usually set up a notification system, but between the time it takes us to post the update and for the system to send out tens of thousands of emails, it's frequently faster to check in the dedicated spoiler-free thread if you're going to be hanging around here anyway.

I would imagine we'll be doing the email thing again this time and that arn will set it up over the weekend.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Just what I wanted, didn't MacRumors previously send an email to users who wanted spoiler free coverage?

Or am I dreaming?

They did. However, their Spoiler-free pages don't post the link to the video in a timely fashion. Typically, on these unofficial ones, we're the first ones to post the link.

Also, they often display spoiler type headlines on their Spoiler-free pages (not on purpose).

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Also, they often display headlines on their Spoiler-free pages.

We try really hard not to do that. By getting it up a bit early, it gives people time to spot any areas that could generate spoilers and let us fix it.

For instance, here is the one from the last big event, and we made sure there were no areas on it where spoilers could pop up. :)

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
We try really hard not to do that. By getting it up a bit early, it gives people time to spot any areas that could generate spoilers and let us fix it.

For instance, here is the one from the last big event, and we made sure there were no areas on it where spoilers could pop up. :)

Oh I know. I was just mentioning it because I heard people complain about it in the past.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 22, 2009
Well, this is unusual but I hope this thread picks up steam.

Usually, we would have 15-20 active posters on a thread like this but it seems like people may just rely on the MacRumors official spoiler-free page or people don't care (seeing as how the iPhone has leaked months ago).

If we don't get some brave souls to check if the Keynote is up, then this thread will be pointless!!

Nieval

Suspended
Mar 13, 2008
^^^ Count me in.

Come the day of the event there'll be more responses than you can shake a refresh at.

franmetal

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2010
^^^ Count me in.

Come the day of the event there'll be more responses than you can shake a refresh at.
Yeah! count me in too, I can't imagine another way to watch a keynote than spoiler-free. I don't post a lot here but I've been spoiler-free thanks to this forum since 2007, I don't care if the iphone is been leaked, anyway this is the best keynote we'll see this june 7th so better watch it in the best way as always.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
WWDC 2010 Spoiler Free Keynote Stream

On June 7th, Apple will be holding a keynote for WWDC 2010. News sites across the web will cover every announcement in detail, while Apple's site will be updated with any new products announced.

Some readers prefer watching the keynote themselves without knowing the outcome. Unfortunately, there is no live video feed for the keynote. Instead, Apple will likely post a recorded QuickTime stream a few hours after the keynote ends.

For those individuals, we've posted this news story, which will be updated with the link to the presentation once it becomes available from Apple. No other news stories or announcements will be displayed alongside this story.

Bookmark this link

You can also subscribe to our notification list which will send out an email when the keynote is posted online. The mailing list will only be used for notifications for these spoiler free announcements and you may unsubscribe at any time.

Notify me of Keynote Stream

Article Link: WWDC 2010 Spoiler Free Keynote Stream

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
If you've never tried going "spoiler-free," let me be the first to tell ya — it's worth it.

It's difficult not to peak though! Especially when you see that your RSS feeds are filling up, friends are texting you about new products, and of course, looking at MacRumors. :)

rickdollar

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2007
Thanks again for doing this. It's the only way to find out about Apple's new stuff. I remember getting up early, I think January of 2004, to watch the Macworld keynote live online. It's too bad they don't stream it live anymore. It was either live or posted right after it was over. I just remember being done watching it before noon. Does anyone else remember that? I know I'm not imagining it. I was a hardcore follower back then. Um, still am.

wdw_

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2002
Yay! Spoiler Free For Life! I miss like 10 years ago when they used to stream these things live. yes rickdollar. I too remember those days. It was super easy being spoiler free back then. Yeah the picture kinda sucked and it would just stop playing for like no reason. But, you'd think with all the broadband and content they're streaming now a days they could provide a good live stream. But in lieu of livey goodness, I remain willfully ignorant til the video is available.

CJayC

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2010
Holy crap, this service was exactly what I was thinking about earlier this week.

I don't want to see those spoilers written by those Engadget guys who post every 15 seconds about how Steve Jobs is "taking another sip of his water bottle."

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I don't want to see those spoilers written by those Engadget guys who post every 15 seconds about how Steve Jobs is "taking another sip of his water bottle."

But the habits of Steve on stage are so stupefying one could be satisfied with them alone.

trainboy1094

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2010
Chicagoland
This will be my third time going spoiler free, if you can still call this years wwdc spoiler free thanks to gizmodo. Anyways, looking forward to it!

Chadder

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2007
Bozeman, Montana
Welcome back everyone lets make this a forum good and spoiler-freeness, on a related note anything interesting thats non-apple related going around on internet?

clawanhex

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2008
Welcome back everyone lets make this a forum good and spoiler-freeness, on a related note anything interesting thats non-Apple related going around on internet?

Hear hear! This is my first spoiler-free keynote, with the possible exception of the introduction of the aluminium iMacs and iWork/iLife '08 back in 2007, when I wasn't really interested enough in Apple to have read about it, and started watching the keynote by accident. Good accident :cool: Plus I'm in exams all day, so it'll be a nice way to end my day.

On non-Apple related Internet stuff, I'll throw something into the ring. I'm sure most of you have heard Bletchley Park - also called Station X - which was where the UK government did considerable work on cracking the German codes in WWII, specifically the Enigma Machine.

Most of the documents have been kept secret since the war ended, but HP are donating a number of scanners to help scan in the documents and post them online, so we can see just how hard they worked.

Link: http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/the_web/article7144376.ece

Anyway, hope somebody finds that interesting. And thanks again for the forum!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.