Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hoosierstace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
I have a 3g iphone that took a short bath about a year ago -- the phone works, the apps work, display is fine, but the water killed the wifi and bluetooth functionality. I finally bought a 3gs a couple months ago and gave the broken iphone to my toddler since there are some great preschool apps available.

I decided to jailbreak it and realized, what's the point since I can't get to cydia without wifi. I've been learning about ssh so that seems like a good route, but I'm curious if there is another way to get cydia apps installed? I'm pretty good with computers but a far cry from a developer, so something like ssh makes me a tad nervous.

thanks.

>> update: odd, after I used spirit to jailbreak, bluetooth seems to work now but wifi still does not.

hoosierstace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2009
Just found and installed cyder to my vm and will try it and let you know how it works.

(don't mind me as I talk to myself.)

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
There are...but its complicated. Kind of.

If you know what you want to install, just google the name of the app and add "deb" to the search. Then you have to add the file to your phone and use mobileterminal to install it. But...now that I think about it...I dont know how to get mobileterminal on your phone without cydia =\

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.