Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nova10

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 22, 2008
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to scan my handwritten class notes (preferably with my iphone), and then convert them to PDFs to view on my iPad.

thanks alot!

mikerr

macrumors regular
May 5, 2007
Evernote?

With that you take a photo on iphone, and its automatically synced with evernotes servers.

On the ipad it will be "instantly" available.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
If I understand you correctly, you have handwritten notes on letter sized paper that you want to convert to PDF and then read on your iPad.

Assuming that you have a Mac:
- Take pics of your notes with your iPhone.
- Import the pics to your Mac.
- Open with the pics with Preview.
- Print each pic to a PDF file.
- Move the PDF files to your iPad via GoodReader or similar app.

imacdaddy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2006
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to scan my handwritten class notes (preferably with my iphone), and then convert them to PDFs to view on my iPad.

thanks alot!

My workflow for what you're asking currently like this.

Scanner Pro app on iPhone. It uses the iPhone's camera to capture docs, whiteboard, business cards, receipts etc. You can add additional pages until you're done. You can crop, select colour or greyscale, allows you to adjust brightness and contrast. Once you're done, the PDF can be saved in the app, export to camera roll, email, send to iDisk/WebDAV, Dropbox, Print, Evernote, Google Docs.

On the iPad, I grab the PDF from Dropbox. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.