Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nlr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 27, 2010
London
well on most games ctrl is used for crouch and I have been a windows user for years but the problem is fn is in the place of the ctrl on the windows keyboard, so i'm wondering if theres a way to configure fn to work with crouch.

(I know I can just plugin a USB keyboard)

mixel

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2006
Leeds, UK
Never tried it but; http://doublecommand.sourceforge.net/ looks like it should do what you're asking. :)

Edit: Glad you asked now, it works really well and i wouldnt have thought to look if you hadn't. Will definitely help me with claw-finger at LAN get-togethers! It lets you reassign everything temporarily or permanently, great software.

nlr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 27, 2010
London
Thanks is there a equivalent version for windows (bootcamp) as most games are not on the mac os yet?

thanks

teidon

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2009
Double Command works perfectly, thanks!

Unfortunately it can change FN-key only to Control key, would have been great to be able to change the FN-key to something like F13, or other such never-used key and then bind that key to something in games. Now you end up having two Control keys next to each other.

Anyways, it makes FN-key useful for gamers. And yes, it works with Wireless Apple Keyboard too.

nlr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 27, 2010
London
Thanks again!

can you post back and keep us all updated how it runs on windows.

regards,
nlr

nlr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 27, 2010
London
I can't get it working with anything ;/

It's so hard playing counter strike source

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.