Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DifferentialApp

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2010
Hi everyone!

I have sent this iPad app in multiple times only to get multiple rejections. The reason for it is that part of there buttons are not showing when my app is in portrait mode. I don't know what to do to make it all work.

Could someone please help me with what kind of code I need for this?

Thank you so much!!!

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
Are you handling the willRotateToInterfaceOrientation: delegate in your view controllers?
Is it getting called?
Are you changing your geometry appropriately when it gets called?
Read the docs and look at example code that uses this method.

DifferentialApp

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 14, 2010
Code:
- (BOOL)shouldAutorotateToInterfaceOrientation:(UIInterfaceOrientation)interfaceOrientation {

That is what i currently have in my view controllers.

boyplunder

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2008
UK
You should take a look at the settings you have for the geometry of the items on the views. If you are using IB views, check the settings for the items you have and make sure that they end up where you want them.

When the device changes from portrait to landscape, the items are rearranged according to the fixed points you assign. That could be left or right edge, top or bottom edge or some other combined location.

PatrickCocoa

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
Once you solve this issue (as suggested, look at the struts and springs for your view in Interface Builder), you may want to stress test your app before you re-submit it. If you either couldn't tell or didn't care if your interface elements disappeared when you rotate the iPad, you probably have a mind-set that allows many other problems in your app.

Not that you asked, but before you submit, take the role of someone trying to shoot down your app. Do every weird thing to it you can. Try to break it. It's tough to get in that mind set as you've spent so much time creating the app, it's difficult to try to break it.

But if you don't do it, someone else will.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A274b Safari/6531.22.7)

Get someone else, even friends and family if necessary, to beta-test. You'd be surprised what other people find.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.