PDA

View Full Version : Apple TV HD movies available for iPad now?

iBug2
Jun 6, 2010, 03:58 AM
iTunes store lists "Available on HD for Apple TV and iPad" for every Apple TV exclusive HD movie.

zedsdead
Jun 6, 2010, 05:30 AM
iTunes store lists "Available on HD for Apple TV and iPad" for every Apple TV exclusive HD movie.

Yep. Still ridiculous that you can't download most HD movies to the Mac. At least it expanded slightly.

Jun 20, 2010, 08:02 AM
I am trying to figure out whether there is a way to play an iPad movie on a TV. In other words, I bought a movie in iTunes and have it on my iPad. Is there a way to display the movie on a TV?

Jun 20, 2010, 09:55 AM
I am trying to figure out whether there is a way to play an iPad movie on a TV. In other words, I bought a movie in iTunes and have it on my iPad. Is there a way to display the movie on a TV?

Never mind - finally found an Apple FAQ that says I cannot use my iPad to play iTunes movies on my TV. Seems a silly restriction to me...

Matthew9559
Jun 21, 2010, 12:25 AM
Never mind - finally found an Apple FAQ that says I cannot use my iPad to play iTunes movies on my TV. Seems a silly restriction to me...

It is quite silly. They must consider it some sort of piracy BS.

Consultant
Jun 21, 2010, 11:50 AM
It is quite silly. They must consider it some sort of piracy BS.

Some people say the digital cable such as composite works.

northy124
Jun 21, 2010, 02:01 PM
Are they available to buy or is it just rent on iPad (like TV)? I am guessing rent but never know :)

Friscohoya
Jun 21, 2010, 02:37 PM

I rent and play movies from my ipad on my tv all the time. Just not in HD though the quality still looks good. You can do it just like you can do it on the iphone and/or ipod touch.