PDA

View Full Version : Power Mac Graphics Card Upgrade?

drummeramp
Jun 6, 2010, 08:08 AM
Hey guys,

I have a Power Mac G4 AGP Machine and was wondering what is the best graphics card that will go into this machine??

I dont it can but im going to ask... Are there any HD Graphics cards that will work with it??

Thanks

zen.state
Jun 6, 2010, 08:18 AM
Hey guys,

I have a Power Mac G4 AGP Machine and was wondering what is the best graphics card that will go into this machine??

I dont it can but im going to ask... Are there any HD Graphics cards that will work with it??

Thanks

First off.. any current video card will do HD resolutions. Even the cheapest and crappiest one out there.

The best card you can put in a G4 AGP (sawtooth) is a Radeon 9800 but it will really put a strain on the stock PSU. They suggest at least a 300 Watt PSU for the 9800 and your mac has a 237 Watt.

I recommend a Geforce 6200 like I have in the same tower. Uses less power than the 9800 and still supports all the OS X gui features like quartz extreme, core image, core video and core animation.

You can flash one yourself or buy one on ebay that is already flashed. The pre-flashed cards go for about 70-80.

drummeramp
Jun 6, 2010, 08:26 AM
thanks so much for you help zen.state