Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

B Gallagher

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2008
New Zealand
See GollumBoy's attachment from here.

attachment.php

Does anyone have any idea what the specifically means - i.e. what sort of data MobileMe is wanting to store on my computer for offline use, and why? :confused:

GollumBoy

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2010
Chesterfield, UK
Do you have the iDisk Sync turned on under System Prefs>MobileMe>iDisk? If so that would probably be it. If not, I don't know.

Nope. I don't have that enabled.

Got the message when running FF on calendar beta. Normally use Safari, the normal calendar doesn't ask to store offline. Unless for some reason I have done in past.

Or if the calendar beta, when open, lets you store, it will allow a better service if internet drops?

androiphone

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2009
Or if the calendar beta, when open, lets you store, it will allow a better service if internet drops?

that is what it exactly is, it makes it like a native app but in the browser, gmail is looking/going to do the same in its web interface so if you didnt have an itnternet connection you can still access, read, create and que to send email. this will be exactly the same but with mobileme calendar so you can see your entries without having to be on the internet

GollumBoy

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2010
Chesterfield, UK
that is what it exactly is, it makes it like a native app but in the browser, gmail is looking/going to do the same in its web interface so if you didnt have an itnternet connection you can still access, read, create and que to send email. this will be exactly the same but with mobileme calendar so you can see your entries without having to be on the internet

Sounds like it would be pretty good.

Shame I don't really use the me.com interface, as I have my iPhone and laptop with me all the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.