PDA

View Full Version : Sony Ericsson HBH-IS800 earphones and the iPad

Cagle
Jun 6, 2010, 06:37 PM
Love to hear from users of these bluetooth earphones, especially regarding the following:

Is the one level of volume a problem? Too loud?
Do they work with Skype calls?
When watching video, is the audio in sync or slightly delayed?

Finally, my itunes library is in a lossless format, is the sound quality of the earphones good enough to take advantage of the high bit rates associated with lossless sound files?

Petee68
Jun 14, 2010, 06:47 AM
Evidently they have implemented the volume control (using ipad hard buttons) in iOS4.

People are reporting that these work fine with the iphone using OS4. Will test this myself this evening, as I have a set in my draware that I stopped using.

So I guess it's a fair bet that when iOS4 for iPad drops, it will have the same ability.

Other than the volume issue these are great headphones. Just make sure you have a charger at work and at home, as they don't last more than a few hours.

Cheers
Pete

Cagle
Jun 18, 2010, 09:31 PM
Thanks Pete, out of curiosity, where did you score your pair and how much? I've seen them for up to $180 in places and a lot of them don't have them in stock.

T4R06
Jun 18, 2010, 10:46 PM
cagle - i have one and i am very impressed. i bought mine at mobilecity.com and they ship so fast.. $99 plus shipping $6.95 UPS Ground.

i can see now they are backorder availability is dated 6/26