PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Gardens, Rancho Cucamonga, CA

ricanloveee
Jun 7, 2010, 01:57 PM
Meet up's... Who's going?

komiothebeat
Jun 16, 2010, 01:18 AM
might be going if they say anything close to them having the white iphone in 32gb at launch..... i can hope... if so ill be showing up asap :-p

andrew8404
Jun 16, 2010, 01:34 AM
I have mine reserved to pick up so I will be there early Thursday morning. I luckily got through with the iphone App Store. By the way did Victoria Gardens change there policy on the time people can start lining up? Last time for 3G they wouldn't let anyone line up until 6am so it was kind of a mad rush for the line to form.

ricanloveee
Jun 16, 2010, 02:50 AM
I have mine reserved to pick up so I will be there early Thursday morning. I luckily got through with the iphone App Store. By the way did Victoria Gardens change there policy on the time people can start lining up? Last time for 3G they wouldn't let anyone line up until 6am so it was kind of a mad rush for the line to form.

Not sure, but I am assuming they will allow it this year... ipad people were allowed to line up.

komiothebeat
Jun 16, 2010, 04:39 PM
yeah i was unfortunate to have waited at an at&t store for the 3g launch, and ended up being turned away because of there stupid policy... SO i drove to this victoria gardens location got there by about 8 and was all the way by the food court.... LOOOONG line... (still hoping for a white one :) )

iJustyn
Jun 18, 2010, 06:33 PM
I wonder if they will have all the colors of bumpers in stock? If so, ima stop by to pick one up

andrew8404
Jun 18, 2010, 08:38 PM
What time are you guys getting there?

komiothebeat
Jun 18, 2010, 09:35 PM
wondering what time to get there, heard last year they didnt allow people to line up till 6am :( pretty lame... ... hopefully they have something better this year with people that decide to line up early EARLY morning :-p

MACis122
Jun 18, 2010, 09:36 PM
wondering what time to get there, heard last year they didnt allow people to line up till 6am :( pretty lame... ... hopefully they have something better this year with people that decide to line up early EARLY morning :-p

man we're in the same city hahaha

andrew8404
Jun 19, 2010, 12:09 AM
Yeah I'll probably call early next week to see if they know how there doing it. Im thinking of leaving my place no later then 430.

komiothebeat
Jun 19, 2010, 01:05 AM
man we're in the same city hahaha

lulz , calimesa? whenever i tell people i chat with that im from calimesa, they think its on the mexico border for some reason ... im like wtf?

komiothebeat
Jun 19, 2010, 01:06 AM
Yeah I'll probably call early next week to see if they know how there doing it. Im thinking of leaving my place no later then 430.

let us know what they say :-D

Odid
Jun 19, 2010, 01:20 AM
All the activity in this thread makes me happy that I decided to not go to this store. ha.;)

MACis122
Jun 20, 2010, 12:52 AM
lulz , calimesa? whenever i tell people i chat with that im from calimesa, they think its on the mexico border for some reason ... im like wtf?

yup, thats why i usually tell people beaumont its more popular i guess haha. most the time i tell em calimesa, they think its in OC or San Diego or the ask me Costa Mesa lol

komiothebeat
Jun 20, 2010, 12:58 AM
yup, thats why i usually tell people beaumont its more popular i guess haha. most the time i tell em calimesa, they think its in OC or San Diego or the ask me Costa Mesa lol

yup haha, someone feels my pain.

i think i have decided im going to be going to temecula apple store.. it's 3 times bigger, and they should have plenty stock :) good luck those who venture to victoria gardens

MACis122
Jun 20, 2010, 08:06 PM
i pre-ordered late so i'll be waiting til next month blah

andrew8404
Jun 20, 2010, 09:06 PM
So I just called the Apple Store and they said that there should be two lines for the reserve and walk in. They also said they don't know what time they are gonna allow people to start lining up. Though the mall doesn't allow camping out. So I'm gonna guess 6am like it was for the 3g.

rachellelatrice
Jun 21, 2010, 03:09 AM
I went to this store (Victoria Gardens) at closing and there was 100 people in that store... I could NOT imagine what it will look like on launch day! Since Victoria Gardens did NOT get my preorder (it is lost in outerspace somewhere :mad:) I decided to go to the Moreno Valley AT&T- FYI Beaumont and Calimesa folks! Spoke to the manager who said that arriving early, early morning is a good time and that they will have armed security in the parking lot... so I feel pretty safe since this by far is THE CRAZIEST THING I've ever did for an APPLE PRODUCT!!!!

cdBlu
Jun 21, 2010, 03:38 AM
Has anyone confirmed what time the mall will allow pople to line up? I want to get there like at 6. But if they can start earlier then I'll get there at 5:30. I already have my iPhone 4 reserved.

When I wanted to pick up my iPhone 2g on launch day I got there 30 minutes early and already there was a line of about 50 people. I hope I get a better spot this time.

cdBlu
Jun 21, 2010, 03:08 PM
So I just called the Apple Store and they said that there should be two lines for the reserve and walk in. They also said they don't know what time they are gonna allow people to start lining up. Though the mall doesn't allow camping out. So I'm gonna guess 6am like it was for the 3g.

I just called Victoria Gardens guest services and they said 6 is the earliest. And that it's up to security if they allow anything before that.

tigerphilosophy
Jun 23, 2010, 11:03 AM
I am one of those who could not get through to order on the 15th so I hope I can get an extra phone in the non-preorder line.

So, anyone have any ideas for getting into Victoria Gardens? :confused: I asked security yesterday about their policy and they said they would be turning away anyone walking / driving in before 6am. I asked them if they had an orderly plan to reasonably handle the mass of people crossing the property line all at once, and the head of security that there is no written policy. The general consensus is that no one is allowed to be on the property (including surrounding parking lots) before 6 am.

The bad news is that I am alone and I have a recent foot operation and cannot walk fast :(. With everyone cruising around and testing the time limit to see when they will be challenged to leave versus when security finally capitulates... Will this be a mad rush for 300 cars to park? :eek:

globol
Jun 24, 2010, 12:16 AM
I plan on being there at 5am.

vothry
Jun 24, 2010, 12:50 AM
I just called Victoria Gardens guest services and they said 6 is the earliest. And that it's up to security if they allow anything before that.

I'm hittin Vic. Gardens @ 5 just in case. Thanks for the info.

cdBlu
Jun 24, 2010, 01:47 AM
I'm hittin Vic. Gardens @ 5 just in case. Thanks for the info.

5 sounds like a good time to get there. I'll see you guys there.

mrwilmoth
Jun 24, 2010, 02:17 AM
I am glad I pre ordered mine, it arrived this afternoon. have fun in the line!

globol
Jun 24, 2010, 02:37 AM
I hope there's no line right now. Would hate to get there by 5 and there's like 200 people there already. Can anyone confirm there's no line there as of now?

bgedney
Jun 24, 2010, 04:25 AM
Just left the store. Security is tight. Guy told us to we couldn't be on mall property till 6:00...

Gotyousucka
Jun 24, 2010, 04:38 AM
Just left the store. Security is tight. Guy told us to we couldn't be on mall property till 6:00...

How many ppl did you see estimate? I'm headed out there at 4am!

Gotyousucka
Jun 24, 2010, 04:48 AM
Gonna try to sneak into the mens bathroom and hide out...

ishabazz
Jun 24, 2010, 05:56 AM
Gonna try to sneak into the mens bathroom and hide out...

Men's rooms are locked :(

josephv909
Jun 24, 2010, 06:07 AM
so whats the count?

el.caudillo
Jun 24, 2010, 07:23 AM
Anyone there? Feel the quake?

globol
Jun 24, 2010, 08:25 AM
Line was too long. So I left.

savior1974
Jun 24, 2010, 08:29 AM
Line was too long. So I left.

Wow, reserved or non?

I'm on my way out there right now.

mosx
Jun 24, 2010, 11:37 AM
So hows the line at this store? Anyone know?

SubSolar
Jun 24, 2010, 11:41 AM
So hows the line at this store? Anyone know?

I heard hundreds by 4:30 am, via twitter search. Glad I didn't attempt it.

oghowie
Jun 24, 2010, 11:42 AM
Any word on the reservation line?

andrew8404
Jun 24, 2010, 01:54 PM
The lines are pretty long for both! They have a cut off already for walk ins and had to turn a bunch away. I got there at 530 this morning for the reserve line and i didn't get my phone till 1020. There was still a long freaking line for reserve. I couldn't believe how many people there where! Just glad I'm home with my sweet phone now! All I have to say is that the display is amazing!

mosx
Jun 24, 2010, 02:42 PM
I was there about an hour ago. The reservation line then had to be 4+ hours. I came home. I'll try again this evening. I'm not waiting out there during the peak heat of the day.

Can't get through to call the store either. Just get a busy signal.

mosx
Jun 24, 2010, 04:48 PM
Any update on this store? Calls still won't go through.

komiothebeat
Jun 24, 2010, 09:12 PM
On my way to this store now . I'll let y'all know when I walk by there :-p , from twitter searches tho they are still in full force (long line)

oghowie
Jun 24, 2010, 09:14 PM
On my way to this store now . I'll let y'all know when I walk by there :-p , from twitter searches tho they are still in full force (long line)

dseig001
Jun 24, 2010, 09:20 PM

They capped the line at 7. Don't come.

oghowie
Jun 24, 2010, 09:46 PM
They capped the line at 7. Don't come.

WTF....

mosx
Jun 25, 2010, 12:32 AM
Five hour wait at Victoria Gardens. Five FREAKIN hours. I will NEVER do that again.

People were still showing up for both lines after 9.

All hell is gonna break loose when they finally stop the lines or run out.

oghowie
Jun 25, 2010, 12:48 AM
People at the end of the reserved line got vouchers around 10 pm so we could come back tomorrow. Some stayed to try there luck.

SubSolar
Jun 25, 2010, 12:51 AM
People at the end of the reserved line got vouchers around 10 pm so we could come back tomorrow. Some stayed to try there luck.

So they still have some left? Or are they getting more tomorrow? Wonder if I should attempt to line up sometime tomorrow.

oghowie
Jun 25, 2010, 12:57 AM
So they still have some left? Or are they getting more tomorrow? Wonder if I should attempt to line up sometime tomorrow.

Not for people with no reservations. That line was cut off. Supposedly only people with reservations will get it tomorrow, but they're probably lying.

mosx
Jun 25, 2010, 01:30 AM
That place was a mad house. Could have done without the clapping after each purchase too.

Very annoying that they let so many non-reserves in before the reserves too.

diegosilang
Jun 25, 2010, 08:49 AM
I was in line yesterday @ 5:45 pm and the line for reserves was crazy long. Got out with an iPhone @ 11 pm. That was 5+ hours :mad: . I will think twice about reserving and instead try home delivery in the future.

SubSolar
Jun 25, 2010, 09:13 AM
Anyone been there today that can report how big the lines are and if they have any iphones in stock for people with no reserve?

mslugx
Jun 25, 2010, 11:04 AM
5 hours is nothing, went to the store on the night before last night at 12:00 am. people already lining up around 3:00 which they ain't suppose to do, but they can't do anything about it. finally got my phone the next day at 3 to 4 o'clock.

oghowie
Jun 25, 2010, 12:56 PM
Anyone there today? Got to find the best time to walk in with my ticket.

oghowie
Jun 25, 2010, 04:49 PM
Got mine. Almost no line for reserves. Still a line for walk ins, but much shorter than yesterday. The walk in line didn't move at all while I was in the store for around 15-20 min.

ipodballer
Jun 25, 2010, 07:10 PM
I got there at around 6 in morning yesterday and didn't have my iPhone until around 2:30pm.:eek:

Macmebaby
Jun 26, 2010, 03:55 AM
So i went to the apple store in victoria yesterday without pre-ordering my phones bc we stupidly thought that there was going to be white ones at the store before apple did the big announcement that there wasn't going to be any...i got there about 4:30am and stood in line for about 18 hours i didn't get inside the store until 9:30pm and left there about 40 min later with my new iphones it was insane n i don't believe i will ever do it again lol.....

mosx
Feb 9, 2011, 11:46 PM
Old thread :D

As bad as the line was for the AT&T launch, I'm curious to know how bad it will be for the Verizon launch.

I'm not driving 40 miles to see myself though!

mosx
Jun 24, 2011, 11:15 PM
Been a year since the hell that was standing in line at this store!

I remember walking out of the store at just about this time after getting my iPhone 4 and seeing that the line was even longer then than when I had gotten there 6 hours earlier!

maceleven
Oct 13, 2011, 10:13 PM
Who's going to wait in line ,and what time do you plan on lining up ?

is there a line already ?

Applelyte
Oct 14, 2011, 03:47 AM
Just letting anyone know, I was here at 9:30pm Thursday (10/13/11) and there were a few people already lining up. Victoria Gardens security said you are not allowed to loiter but what they did suggest (and this is talking to one of the guys in line) was that you can walk around Victoria Gardens, they just can't stay in line outside the store, so he said the people in line are going to take turns walking around while keeping track of whose been in line, etc. Have fun! I'm waiting for an unlocked iPhone 4S.

The Californian
Oct 14, 2011, 03:52 AM
^ I thought Apple announced that the unlocked version won't be coming out until November.

I walked by here around seven on my way to the Yard House and I saw one guy in line wearing a hat and a backpack.

diegosilang
Oct 14, 2011, 08:55 AM
Any updates on the line situation right now?

ticktock101
Sep 17, 2012, 08:14 PM
Anyone planning on going this year and hoping they aren't going to be doing some crazy chemical spray/ground cutting this year? lol

rocket109
Sep 20, 2012, 03:27 PM
I'll be going :) .
I called and asked when we can line up and the Apple people had no idea other than they open at 8. I'm going to try to call the mall info desk to see if they know anything else. I know last year they had some big thing about not lining up until like 6 because they were doing stuff to the road in front of the store but I'm planning on going at like 4 just to see if they are letting people line up earlier this year. Hopefully they learned not to schedule road maintenance in front of the apple store on iPhone launch mornings :D

rocket109
Sep 16, 2013, 07:06 PM
Anyone heading out to the Gardens? Last year they were still super strict about the not lining up until a few hours before opening. We tried going around 3am and they were patrolling turning people away :( Gonna call and see what they say about this year.

screensaver400
Sep 19, 2013, 08:48 AM
Anyone heading out to the Gardens? Last year they were still super strict about the not lining up until a few hours before opening. We tried going around 3am and they were patrolling turning people away :( Gonna call and see what they say about this year.

I was planning on this store too. Hopefully they don't turn people away this year.

staticoranges
Sep 19, 2013, 11:04 PM
I was planning on this store too. Hopefully they don't turn people away this year.

They aren't letting people park until 5:40 and you can't line up until 6AM.

eatntae
Sep 20, 2013, 07:24 AM
So much for 6am

screensaver400
Sep 25, 2013, 08:11 AM
Yeah. Returned at 5 and found a crazy long line. Should have stayed when I first arrived, at 10PM.