Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cpjakes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 15, 2003
Buffalo, NY
Hi everyone,

I've got an eMac lab (10 stations) and the main station used for presenting has a VGA adapter connected to an Epson projector.

The problem is that the displays will mirror only at 800x600, not 1024x768, which is the projector's maximum resoultion. Attempting any other resoultion results in the shrinking of the screen size on the eMac, making it difficult to look at the screen.

Detecting displays doesn't clear anything up, neither does restarting, normal troubleshooting, etc...

Has anyone run into this problem and found a solution?

Thanks in advance,
cpjakes

vga4life

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2004
cpjakes said:
The problem is that the displays will mirror only at 800x600, not 1024x768, which is the projector's maximum resoultion. Attempting any other resoultion results in the shrinking of the screen size on the eMac, making it difficult to look at the screen.

Detecting displays doesn't clear anything up, neither does restarting, normal troubleshooting, etc...

Hmm.. it's possible the projector is sending some incorrect VESA DDC information.

Anyhow, I recommend applying the "Screen Spanning Doctor" from http://macparts.de/ibook to enable spanning. That may unlock more resolutions for you on the VGA output.

-vga4life

cpjakes

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 15, 2003
Buffalo, NY
The strange thing about it is that it worked fine for two months up until a week ago. Nothing has changed as the machines are locked down pretty heavily. I'm just wondering what could have changed.

cpjakes

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.