PDA

View Full Version : Suburban Square (Ardmore, PA)

elephunkman
Jun 7, 2010, 02:04 PM
Anyone meeting up here? I'm coming!

elephunkman
Jun 13, 2010, 08:46 PM
Nobody will be here with me? :)

zizo79
Jun 13, 2010, 08:59 PM
Nobody will be here with me? :) Come to Allentown..lol 3 of us are meeting !!

elephunkman
Jun 13, 2010, 09:32 PM
That's a tad far for 1AM haha.

zizo79
Jun 13, 2010, 09:38 PM
That's a tad far for 1AM haha.
So you are going to be in line at 1 AM lol

elephunkman
Jun 13, 2010, 10:20 PM
So you are going to be in line at 1 AM lol

Always 6 hours ahead! AT&T is set to open at 7AM, I hope Apple is the same.

anng12
Jun 14, 2010, 07:02 AM
Im coming.

elephunkman
Jun 14, 2010, 09:49 AM
Im coming.

I'll beat you to it.

SonoViva
Jun 14, 2010, 03:57 PM
I'll be there, camping out, even though I preordered. I don't think my friend can preorder on the 15th so another kid and I will be there, saving her a spot in line!

elephunkman
Jun 17, 2010, 08:35 PM
What time is everyone going to be here? I'm planning on calling the store around close time and ask them if anyone is outside. If there is, I'm going at 10

IsntShe
Jun 21, 2010, 11:25 AM
Do you really need to camp out even if you pre-ordered? I was just going to try to get there a couple hours earlier than they open...and hope that I'll be in and out before anyone notices I'm not at work LOL...

dsn112
Jun 21, 2010, 12:59 PM
Do you really need to camp out even if you pre-ordered? I was just going to try to get there a couple hours earlier than they open...and hope that I'll be in and out before anyone notices I'm not at work LOL...

If you preorder your getting one if you show up in the first 24hrs. I don't get why all these pre-order people are worried

Jstar4212
Jun 21, 2010, 02:04 PM
So if I show up the night before, I'll have a good chance of getting one? Or are all the people who pre-ordered going to take priority over us who are just waiting?

I guess what I'm asking is - is it worth it?

human5892
Jun 21, 2010, 02:31 PM
So if I show up the night before, I'll have a good chance of getting one? Or are all the people who pre-ordered going to take priority over us who are just waiting?

I guess what I'm asking is - is it worth it?
People who have a reservation will of course get the priority, but the store will also have some stock available for those of us without a pre-order. The big question is how much they'll have in the "walk-in" pile, and how quickly it will go.

That being said, I can't imagine you walking away empty-handed if you wait in line all night long, unless the non-pre-order supply is much lower than expected.

I'm definitely waiting at the Ardmore store (elephunkman, I guess your thread won :D ), but I can't get there until around 3 or 4AM. Hopefully, that will be early enough.

elephunkman
Jun 21, 2010, 02:35 PM
They have two separate lines, one for reservations and the other for walk ins. And, just a reminder, a preorder is different from a reservation. Reserved goes first, once that line is almost depleted, walk ins go next.

Worst case scenario, those backed up in the walk in line may get a phone, but be ready to not have the model you want, such as you wanting a 32gb but having only 16gb left and vice versa.

IsntShe
Jun 22, 2010, 06:17 AM
They have two separate lines, one for reservations and the other for walk ins. And, just a reminder, a preorder is different from a reservation. Reserved goes first, once that line is almost depleted, walk ins go next.

Worst case scenario, those backed up in the walk in line may get a phone, but be ready to not have the model you want, such as you wanting a 32gb but having only 16gb left and vice versa.

Ok, so what's the difference between a reservation and a pre-order? I thought I "pre-ordered" on the 15th, but my reminder email says to come pick up my "reserved" iPhone 4.

Sorry, new to this whole pre-ordering drama... :o

jorsuss
Jun 22, 2010, 09:19 AM
I will be there. What time is everyone else going??

hottoq
Jun 22, 2010, 09:54 AM
Anyone have experience with past iPhone launches? What's it like at Ardmore versus King of Prussia? The KOP thread definitely has more people posting...

IsntShe
Jun 22, 2010, 10:23 AM
Anyone have experience with past iPhone launches? What's it like at Ardmore versus King of Prussia? The KOP thread definitely has more people posting...

I think KOP will be bananas.

IsntShe
Jun 22, 2010, 10:24 AM
I will be there. What time is everyone else going??

I was thinking like 5/6am. I pre-ordered so I'm not trying to be camping out.

jorsuss
Jun 22, 2010, 10:27 AM
I camped out for the first iphone at KOP. They went on sale at 6PM so it wasn't a big deal because the mall was already open. But I hear that the mall doors will open at 6am on Thursday. I don't like the idea of all the mall entrances and then it could be a race to the store when they open the doors. I'd much rather go to ardmore since the store is outdoors.

hottoq
Jun 22, 2010, 11:09 AM
Yeah, that's what I'm worried about too. But do you think the Ardmore Apple Store will receive as many non-reserved iPhones as the KOP store?

human5892
Jun 22, 2010, 11:11 AM
I'm actually closer to the KoP mall, but I'm making the extra drive to Ardmore because I think it will be a better experience. Waiting outside (which is a plus for me), a line right outside the store (no potential for a mad rush), a bigger Apple store, etc.

I should be arriving between 3AM and 4AM -- pretty early, but I haven't got a preorder, so I need all the spare time I can get.

jorsuss
Jun 22, 2010, 11:48 AM
I think KOP will have more phones but they both will have alot so there shouldn't be any problems if you arrive early. I had a preorder but was mysteriously cancelled. I plan on getting there about 1 or 2am.

hottoq
Jun 22, 2010, 11:53 AM
You guys wanna exchange numbers or email addresses to keep each other up to date on the line situation if one of us gets there earlier?

chedigitz
Jun 22, 2010, 08:42 PM
Count me in! for the 3g launch my good friend and I, ordered pizza in line and spread the love, we plan to do the same this year. Hopefully, i'll get my hands on a white one.

lobster512
Jun 22, 2010, 09:02 PM
I'll be there!! I was thinking about arriving at around 3am. I couldn't get a pre-order in so I'll just have to wait and see how it goes. I've never been to one of these things before so I don't know exactly what to expect.

I'd love to swap phone # or email addresses so we can update each other on the status of the line.

Thanks!

Oh, I was also considering Walmart since they aren't taking pre-orders so it'll be on a first come first serve basis. But I'm afraid they're getting a minimal supply.

Blorzoga
Jun 22, 2010, 10:24 PM

The two lines will move simultaneously.

hottoq
Jun 23, 2010, 07:08 PM
Anyone heard about the line situation at Ardmore so far?

IsntShe
Jun 24, 2010, 04:32 AM
It's bananas out here already! Should see what they're calling the "no hope" line...lawn chairs to the residential!

chedigitz
Jun 24, 2010, 04:39 AM
It's bananna nutbread out here! By my math maybe 300+.

IsntShe
Jun 24, 2010, 04:43 AM
I wonder what KOP and Cherry Hill look like right about now...I thought Ardmore was a little ducky...sheesh

jones.brian25
Jun 24, 2010, 05:07 AM
KOP is crazy!!!! Just one long ass line.

jones.brian25
Jun 24, 2010, 05:22 AM
Gotta be like 1000 people.

elephunkman
Jun 24, 2010, 05:41 AM
Wow, glad I ordered online. Any official numbers?

cowpaintings
Jun 24, 2010, 06:31 AM
Preorder line is around the entire building. Non pre order is going down the highway past the intersection of Glenn rd.

elephunkman
Jun 24, 2010, 07:08 AM
Anyone confirm how many bumpers they have?

lobster512
Jun 24, 2010, 01:46 PM
After waiting 12 grueling hours, I walked away one happy camper. We were about 120th in line. Luckily the people around us were super nice and made the time a lot more bearable.

Thanks guys!

anng12
Jun 24, 2010, 02:20 PM
I couldnt get one today :(

going tomorrow.. what are my chances?

elephunkman
Jun 24, 2010, 02:21 PM
Heard they sent those without reservations home

anng12
Jun 24, 2010, 02:21 PM

Yep.

fridgeymonster3
Jun 24, 2010, 03:40 PM
I couldnt get one today :(

going tomorrow.. what are my chances?

What time are people heading there tomorrow? Did they run out today, or just send the back of the line home because they wouldn't make it to the front by the time they closed?

lobster512
Jun 24, 2010, 05:38 PM
If you were in line today, but didn't get an iPhone, I know that they started to take email reservations for those waiting in line. The lady said that they have enough for all the pre-orders, so any additional shipments that may or may have not come in would go to walk-ins. After the first batch was gone, they started to take names and email addresses. How ever many they get in during the next shipment would be how many emails they send out. No waiting or anything. And you have 24 hrs. to pick it up before its released into the general inventory. That's what I heard the Apple lady say to all the angry customers who were told they weren't going home with a phone.

Good luck!

PS, I didn't have a reservation, and I still was able to get an iPhone. I was about 120th in line, and they cut it off at about 175, I would estimate.

anng12
Jun 24, 2010, 06:14 PM
Getting there 5-6 am tomorrow

8am.. store opens

should i go later or earlier?

mintfresh
Jun 24, 2010, 09:12 PM
I'm planning on going tomorrow morning too. Does anyone know if there's still stock?

superflush
Jun 25, 2010, 02:06 AM

Looks like: http://twitter.com/gruber/status/16935179666

fridgeymonster3
Jun 25, 2010, 09:31 AM
If anyone went today or this morning....let us know the situation please! Availability for the remainder of the day? Tomorrow? Any tidbits would help :D

superflush
Jun 25, 2010, 01:31 PM
If anyone went today or this morning....let us know the situation please! Availability for the remainder of the day? Tomorrow? Any tidbits would help :D

Yesterday, they were just taking people's names for the email list. I'd be surprised if they got more iPhones today to sell to people without pre-orders.