PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 in Rockaway, NJ, USA

Ramphex
Jun 7, 2010, 02:04 PM
Will be at the Rockaway, NJ, USA Apple store on June 24th to pick up the :apple: iPhone 4 :D

Will probably be wearing a white shirt with numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42 (inside joke, those who know will know, those who don't, sucks for them or google it lol) with blue shorts.

saccento
Jun 7, 2010, 03:01 PM
I should be there also.

Raska
Jun 7, 2010, 03:03 PM
I'll be there as well.

BigBerk
Jun 7, 2010, 03:32 PM
Are you guys gonna pre-order or reserve? or are you just gonna try n get in early? will the people who preordered have priority over the line sitters??

Raska
Jun 7, 2010, 03:34 PM
Are you guys gonna pre-order or reserve? or are you just gonna try n get in early? will the people who preordered have priority over the line sitters??

I'm definitely gonna pre-order/reserve mine. If its anything like what the iPad launch was, there are gonna be two lines: one for pre-orders/reserves, and one for the rest. The pre-orders went in first, then the rest of the people. Your reserve actually holds specific units, so as long as you pre-order before their initial shipment runs out, you'll get one on launch day.

...but don't take mine =P

Ramphex
Jun 7, 2010, 03:54 PM
I'm definitely gonna pre-order/reserve mine. If its anything like what the iPad launch was, there are gonna be two lines: one for pre-orders/reserves, and one for the rest. The pre-orders went in first, then the rest of the people. Your reserve actually holds specific units, so as long as you pre-order before their initial shipment runs out, you'll get one on launch day.

Yup, that's more than likely how it's going to go. I'm going to reserve mine on the 15th once it starts so that way when I get there I know for a fact I'll be getting my phone. Apple store usually has a really good stock of them anyway so I don't think they'll run out on the launch date, it's just the matter of standing in the line. Even though when I stood in the line for 3G I managed to sell my friend's spot that was there just hanging out with me for $80

to make it more interesting I added to the original post what I'll more than likely be wearing

Raska
Jun 7, 2010, 03:58 PM
Yup, that's more than likely how it's going to go. I'm going to reserve mine on the 15th once it starts so that way when I get there I know for a fact I'll be getting my phone. Apple store usually has a really good stock of them anyway so I don't think they'll run out on the launch date, it's just the matter of standing in the line. Even though when I stood in the line for 3G I managed to sell my friend's spot that was there just hanging out with me for $80

to make it more interesting I added to the original post what I'll more than likely be wearing

You know, I've never seen an episode of that show in my life, yet for some odd reason I know what its from haha.

If we're gonna do that, I'll be wearing one of my many Apple shirts and khaki shorts.

BigBerk
Jun 7, 2010, 04:14 PM

Don't you worry about that buddy... I live in cleveland.. Nobody's posting there tho haha.. Thanks a lot for the info. That's exactly what i was looking for

Raska
Jun 7, 2010, 05:03 PM
Don't you worry about that buddy... I live in cleveland.. Nobody's posting there tho haha.. Thanks a lot for the info. That's exactly what i was looking for

Haha not a problem, man. I'm surprised there's not a bigger group in a big city like that.

I just realized about selling your friends spot in line. I never even thought to do that, my cousin went with me for the 3G and it never crossed my mind. Perhaps I'll bring him along for the 4 and see what I can get haha.

Ramphex
Jun 7, 2010, 09:36 PM
yeah, the first guy in line that day sold his spot in the line for 200 bucks so basically he got a free phone out of it, that **** made news and everything, it was at the Lehigh Valley (whitehall) mall's apple store, good time.

byeehaaw
Jun 7, 2010, 11:25 PM
does the apple store give out anything when we wait on line?

Ramphex
Jun 8, 2010, 12:16 AM
yeah, free hugs

saccento
Jun 8, 2010, 01:06 AM
I'll be pre ordering it, and picking it up on release date. Nothing worse than waiting around for the UPS/Fedex guy all day.

Raska
Jun 8, 2010, 07:58 AM
<Delete this post, unnecessary>

Raska
Jun 8, 2010, 07:59 AM
<Delete this post, unnecessary>

Raska
Jun 8, 2010, 08:01 AM
does the apple store give out anything when we wait on line?

For the iPad they gave out bottled water haha that's about it. They also video taped all of us and jumped up and down, screamed, ran all over the place. It was really fun...and woke me up since I had been up since 4am haha.

yeah, free hugs

You wish haha.

What time do you plan on getting there on the 24th?

I'll be pre ordering it, and picking it up on release date. Nothing worse than waiting around for the UPS/Fedex guy all day.

That's why I'm going to the Apple Store. I know I won't get the phone delivered until the afternoon so I'd rather have it in the morning, then go into work and show it off =]

Ramphex
Jun 8, 2010, 01:08 PM
Depending on what time the store opens, probably about 1-2 hours in advance or so.

and at whitehall, pa apple store, starbucks walked around and gave out water since it was a hot day and everyone was waiting outside in a line.

Raska
Jun 8, 2010, 05:40 PM
Depending on what time the store opens, probably about 1-2 hours in advance or so.

and at whitehall, pa apple store, starbucks walked around and gave out water since it was a hot day and everyone was waiting outside in a line.

I'm glad the Apple Store here is inside the mall, nice cool AC for me =]

coolant113
Jun 8, 2010, 10:21 PM
i will most likely be going to rockaway as well. do they open the inside of the mall extra early before the stores open so we can get in. Or do we have to wait outside a mall enterance?:apple::apple:

Ramphex
Jun 9, 2010, 01:01 AM
they'll open the mall and let us make a line inside

Raska
Jun 9, 2010, 05:48 AM
i will most likely be going to rockaway as well. do they open the inside of the mall extra early before the stores open so we can get in. Or do we have to wait outside a mall enterance?:apple::apple:

they'll open the mall and let us make a line inside

It's nice cause you have all the mall walkers who go in there really early, so they tend to open the mall very early, hours before any of the stores open.

Knipper
Jun 9, 2010, 08:08 AM
Hi guys, could somebody call AT&T and ask if they actually sell the iphone without contract? On engadget.com they say that the iphone 4 16 gb costs 599$ and the 32 gb costs 699$
Source: http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/08/iphone-4-guide-preview-pricing-availability-and-more/

This would be sooo cool if somebody could check this for me ;)
Thanks!

saccento
Jun 9, 2010, 09:46 AM
Hi guys, could somebody call AT&T and ask if they actually sell the iphone without contract? On engadget.com they say that the iphone 4 16 gb costs 599$ and the 32 gb costs 699$
Source: http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/08/iphone-4-guide-preview-pricing-availability-and-more/

This would be sooo cool if somebody could check this for me ;)
Thanks!

This is correct.

Knipper
Jun 9, 2010, 04:37 PM
Will they be able to preoder? I mean the unlocked ones from at&t

Raska
Jun 9, 2010, 04:39 PM
Will they be able to preoder? I mean the unlocked ones from at&t

From AT&T I don't see why not since on their website you can order phones at 2-year, 1-year, and no-commitment pricing. Apple's site, on the other hand, I highly doubt you will be able to.

Knipper
Jun 9, 2010, 04:51 PM
Thank you very much :)
and any sim card (micro sim) will work right? (except verizon)
I mean any provideR?

Raska
Jun 9, 2010, 05:08 PM
Thank you very much :)
and any sim card (micro sim) will work right? (except verizon)
I mean any provideR?

Verizon, as well as Sprint, don't use sim cards, and are also a different technology. As far as I'm aware, AT&T is the only provider in the US that uses microsim, although I'm pretty sure you could just trim a sim card from T-Mobile and use it, especially since iPhone 4 supports the bands that T-Mobile uses now.

Ramphex
Jun 9, 2010, 10:01 PM
lol at trimming the simcard

Raska
Jun 10, 2010, 09:05 AM
lol at trimming the simcard

Haha sometimes drastic measures need to be taken.

Ramphex
Jun 11, 2010, 12:44 PM
Does that even work? Haha

Raska
Jun 11, 2010, 01:15 PM
Does that even work? Haha

Yeah man haha. All a microsim is, is less paper material around the sim chip itself. As long as the chip itself isnt damaged, you can use it.

Ramphex
Jun 11, 2010, 05:09 PM
haha imagine apple will make us trim our cards there from the current phone lol, that kind of sucks though in case of anything I can't switch my simcard to any other phone to use

Raska
Jun 12, 2010, 09:25 AM
haha imagine apple will make us trim our cards there from the current phone lol, that kind of sucks though in case of anything I can't switch my simcard to any other phone to use

All the phones come with the sims if you recall, so we won't need to do any trimming (unless its for fun haha) of our current sim cards since all iPhone 4's will come with micro sims.

Ramphex
Jun 14, 2010, 11:21 PM
what time do you think the store will be up with new phone preorders?

Ramphex
Jun 15, 2010, 10:56 PM
seems like I'll be there at around 5am since my friend didn't get a chance to pre-order and we'll have to hope they have enough for walk-in

Raska
Jun 16, 2010, 08:43 AM

Probably 7am like the iPad and like AT&T and others are.

seems like I'll be there at around 5am since my friend didn't get a chance to pre-order and we'll have to hope they have enough for walk-in

I was thinking of getting there around 5am as well. I was going to say the hell with it and just go on my lunch break, but with all the stuff that happened yesterday, I'm worried it will be 2007 all over again (I got an original iPhone on launch day, and it couldn't be activated for three days). So I'm hoping by getting there early I can just get done with it.

Also, your friend will have to wait in a different line than us. For the iPad, there were two lines: reserve and no reserve. Basically for every 20-30 reserves, they let in like two no reserves.

Ramphex
Jun 17, 2010, 02:12 PM
Probably 7am like the iPad and like AT&T and others are.

I was thinking of getting there around 5am as well. I was going to say the hell with it and just go on my lunch break, but with all the stuff that happened yesterday, I'm worried it will be 2007 all over again (I got an original iPhone on launch day, and it couldn't be activated for three days). So I'm hoping by getting there early I can just get done with it.

Also, your friend will have to wait in a different line than us. For the iPad, there were two lines: reserve and no reserve. Basically for every 20-30 reserves, they let in like two no reserves.

that's fine, I'll probably be out before him so then I'll just hop in the line and wait with him haha

Raska
Jun 17, 2010, 03:43 PM
that's fine, I'll probably be out before him so then I'll just hop in the line and wait with him haha

Yeah I think you'll definitely be done before him haha. What time are you getting there?

jaycarroll
Jun 17, 2010, 06:57 PM
Will probably be wearing a white shirt with numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42 (inside joke, those who know will know, those who don't, sucks for them or google it lol) with blue shorts.

I'll be there! Hope I don't get LOST along the way... da da ching! :D

jaycarroll
Jun 17, 2010, 07:03 PM

Store opens at 7a per website - they had 2 lines for 3GS launch, one for reserved one for everyone else. I had 'reserved' like I did this time, doesn't really matter. They took one from each line at a time, so 'reserving' appears psychological at best.. ;)

Raska
Jun 17, 2010, 07:22 PM
Store opens at 7a per website - they had 2 lines for 3GS launch, one for reserved one for everyone else. I had 'reserved' like I did this time, doesn't really matter. They took one from each line at a time, so 'reserving' appears psychological at best.. ;)

That's stupid that they did that for the 3GS. I know for the iPad it was roughly 10-1 (meaning 10 reserves in per 1 non-reserve)

Ramphex
Jun 18, 2010, 02:00 PM
I don't know man, still debating on it considering the posts of people ALREADY camping out for it a week early. I don't know how much of a mess it's going to be like on the release date. If it's like the 3G release then alright, if it's 3 times worse then I might have to get there around 12am lol

Raska
Jun 18, 2010, 02:17 PM
I don't know man, still debating on it considering the posts of people ALREADY camping out for it a week early. I don't know how much of a mess it's going to be like on the release date. If it's like the 3G release then alright, if it's 3 times worse then I might have to get there around 12am lol

Haha I thought 5am would be good, I certainly hope so at least.

jaycarroll
Jun 18, 2010, 10:12 PM

Meh.. I wouldn't worry too much. The people already in line are at stand-alone apple stores. Where would we line up before the mall opened? I'm thinking 5am too.

romanaz
Jun 19, 2010, 01:04 PM
Meh.. I wouldn't worry too much. The people already in line are at stand-alone apple stores. Where would we line up before the mall opened? I'm thinking 5am too.

me and a few friends will be there at 5AM as well.

Raska
Jun 19, 2010, 05:04 PM
me and a few friends will be there at 5AM as well.

Sweet we can all have an iPhone 4 party at 5am haha.

romanaz
Jun 19, 2010, 11:14 PM

it's going to be a good day. can't wait =D

jaycarroll
Jun 20, 2010, 12:16 AM

Sweet, who's bringin the box 'o joe and bagels/donuts?? :D

Anyone decide on a particular entrance yet? I'll have to go scout it out this week.

Ramphex
Jun 20, 2010, 02:29 AM
now watch it'll rain on that day and we'll be out there with umbrellas lol

Raska
Jun 20, 2010, 06:31 PM
it's going to be a good day. can't wait =D
Oh absolutely it is!

Sweet, who's bringin the box 'o joe and bagels/donuts?? :D

Anyone decide on a particular entrance yet? I'll have to go scout it out this week.

If there was a dunkin donuts on my way there I'd grab some...actually there is if I take the back way haha I'll consider grabbing something.

The entrance I was thinking of was the one that goes by McDonalds and that haircutting place. That's been the one I usually go to for the early launches.

now watch it'll rain on that day and we'll be out there with umbrellas lol

I don't mind the rain haha the snow/cold would be a different story haha. Besides I'm pretty sure at 5am the doors will be open.

Ramphex
Jun 20, 2010, 06:34 PM
Do they specify what doors to camp out at? Because if people camp out at different doors it'll be a cluster **** once everyone gets in.

Raska
Jun 20, 2010, 06:36 PM
Do they specify what doors to camp out at? Because if people camp out at different doors it'll be a cluster **** once everyone gets in.

I don't think so, every time I've gone the doors have been opened and lines have formed already. I'd imagine it's either being at the door that they first open, or being a really fast sprinter haha.

jaycarroll
Jun 21, 2010, 12:35 PM
I don't think so, every time I've gone the doors have been opened and lines have formed already. I'd imagine it's either being at the door that they first open, or being a really fast sprinter haha.

That's the trick, which doors are those... maybe the Apple Store or Mall administration will know.

Raska
Jun 21, 2010, 12:39 PM
That's the trick, which doors are those... maybe the Apple Store or Mall administration will know.

Maybe, if you have an urge, stop by and see if you can bribe one of them to help us all out haha.

Also, did you guys get your second confirmation email about your reservations? I just got mine a half hour ago :)

jaycarroll
Jun 21, 2010, 12:56 PM
Here's the directory - it'd be great if they opened that door next to Lord and Taylor. Seems like that'd be the closest. Although, the McD door is a straight shot for easy sprinting.. :)

Raska
Jun 21, 2010, 01:06 PM
Here's the directory - it'd be great if they opened that door next to Lord and Taylor. Seems like that'd be the closest. Although, the McD door is a straight shot for easy sprinting.. :)

I've been to the mall enough to know that the entrance near McDonalds is just SLIGHTLY shorter than the one near Starbucks. Plus there are less obstacles to run around on the path from McDonalds. I did a sprint maneuver to the AT&T store for the 3G and took the McDonalds route. I beat people sprinting from the Food Court easily haha. I'm hoping I don't have to sprint I'll be in my work clothes haha.

jaycarroll
Jun 22, 2010, 06:57 PM
So, I spoke with Apple store guy and mall info guy. Apple store guy had little details, but did say there would be stock on hand for walk-ins as well as reserves.
Mall info guy said the doors open at 7am sharp, but there is no particular order - differs from day to day. I thought about bribing him to open the one of my choosing, but had little cash on me at the time. :D

I'm still gonna be waiting outside of the McD entrance @ 5am. Hope its not raining...

Raska
Jun 23, 2010, 08:47 AM
So, I spoke with Apple store guy and mall info guy. Apple store guy had little details, but did say there would be stock on hand for walk-ins as well as reserves.
Mall info guy said the doors open at 7am sharp, but there is no particular order - differs from day to day. I thought about bribing him to open the one of my choosing, but had little cash on me at the time. :D

I'm still gonna be waiting outside of the McD entrance @ 5am. Hope its not raining...

I'm pretty sure the mall guy gave you the wrong information. The mall opens at LEAST at 6am for the mall walkers. I showed up at 6am for the iPad and there were tons of people in there, so they had to have opened prior to that. Maybe he thought you meant what time the Apple Store doors opened.

jaycarroll
Jun 23, 2010, 10:36 AM
I'm pretty sure the mall guy gave you the wrong information. The mall opens at LEAST at 6am for the mall walkers. I showed up at 6am for the iPad and there were tons of people in there, so they had to have opened prior to that. Maybe he thought you meant what time the Apple Store doors opened.

Yeah, I considered that, figured they'd been instructed to tell anyone asking about launch day to be there at 7 so lines wouldn't form outside. I wouldn't be surprised if mall security was circling the place to ensure they don't form early. I was at the 3GS launch, but went to Willowbrook instead, so I have no idea what to expect at Rockaway.

RubxQub
Jun 23, 2010, 10:40 AM

For what it's worth, they accidentally left some door open at the mall that we were sneaking in from for the iPad launch.

Don't think we were supposed to be inside, but I was there at 3 in the morning all by my lonesome in the mall with the maintenance crew for probably an hour or so before someone else showed up. lol

jaycarroll
Jun 23, 2010, 10:58 AM
For what it's worth, they accidentally left some door open at the mall that we were sneaking in from for the iPad launch.

Don't think we were supposed to be inside, but I was there at 3 in the morning all by my lonesome in the mall with the maintenance crew for probably an hour or so before someone else showed up. lol

:eek:

Damnit, now instead of chilling in my camping chair I'll be sprinting from door to door around the entire Mall! :p

Good info, thanks bro. ;)

Raska
Jun 23, 2010, 12:06 PM

Hahaha do you remember which door it was? I was gonna do a little scouting before heading over to the McDonalds door but any info would be helpful.

:eek:

Damnit, now instead of chilling in my camping chair I'll be sprinting from door to door around the entire Mall! :p

Good info, thanks bro. ;)

If you figure out where it is, call or text me man haha.

RubxQub
Jun 23, 2010, 01:00 PM
I honestly don't remember which door it was (what store it was near), but I remember that when you walked through the doors and turned left, the Apple store was only like 5-7 stores down from there...so hopefully that makes sense if you know the mall layout.

I was only there because I was at my parent's place that week so it's not my normal mall by any means.

The door was just open, though, and no one in maintenance cared that I was in there, so I was #1 in line comfortably and quietly :D

Raska
Jun 23, 2010, 01:56 PM
I honestly don't remember which door it was (what store it was near), but I remember that when you walked through the doors and turned left, the Apple store was only like 5-7 stores down from there...so hopefully that makes sense if you know the mall layout.

I was only there because I was at my parent's place that week so it's not my normal mall by any means.

The door was just open, though, and no one in maintenance cared that I was in there, so I was #1 in line comfortably and quietly :D

I know where you're talking about, can't hurt to try and see if it's open. Maybe thats the door maintenance uses and they leave it unlocked.

Ramphex
Jun 24, 2010, 02:47 AM
3:47 update.... Starbucks doors are the official entrance that will be opened. There's total of 46 people in line so far.

Raska
Jun 24, 2010, 02:55 AM
3:47 update.... Starbucks doors are the official entrance that will be opened. There's total of 46 people in line so far.

I'll be there shortly. I'll be wearing my apple code shirt and jeans and be with a girl haha

theman510
Jun 24, 2010, 09:47 AM
Any info on the line/wait here? I'm going to pick up my reserve at lunch and I'd like to keep it within my lunch hour so I don't get in trouble at work! I could always go back after work but I really don't wanna wait that long!!

Raska
Jun 24, 2010, 09:54 AM
Any info on the line/wait here? I'm going to pick up my reserve at lunch and I'd like to keep it within my lunch hour so I don't get in trouble at work! I could always go back after work but I really don't wanna wait that long!!

If you have a reserve you'll be fine. It's the non reserve line that's insane.

theman510
Jun 24, 2010, 10:03 AM
If you have a reserve you'll be fine. It's the non reserve line that's insane.

Awesome! Thanks man

imkap
Jun 24, 2010, 04:20 PM
have they sold out yet?

boriscolombia
Jun 24, 2010, 04:21 PM
My dad and I didn't get to reserve ours so se got there at around 7:00 Am, at like 7:30ish this apple guy came out to say they didn't have enough for everybody that reserves were priority and to leave our emails with them and they would notify us of when we could come to pick them up, at that point some people left, but we stayed, by 1 we had 2 new iphone 16gb 4s :)

jaycarroll
Jun 24, 2010, 06:12 PM
So, I ended up heading to the short hills mall, which had no shortages.. Long line but I'm typing from the new phone.
That's the last time I go to rockaway for a launch, what a disaster.

Raska
Jun 24, 2010, 06:31 PM
So, I ended up heading to the short hills mall, which had no shortages.. Long line but I'm typing from the new phone.
That's the last time I go to rockaway for a launch, what a disaster.

Change your signature buddy =P

jaycarroll
Jun 25, 2010, 07:06 AM
Change your signature buddy =P

Haha, done! :D

Raska
Jun 25, 2010, 12:23 PM
Haha, done! :D

You jailbroke it already??

jaycarroll
Jun 25, 2010, 01:29 PM
Was planning to when I set that sig, but I'm going to give it a few days. I've always defaulted to GeoHot's offerings - so I'm watching the rumored http://limera1n.com.

Sig updated. :)

jaycarroll
Jun 25, 2010, 04:06 PM
So, a co-worker of mine just told me he was at BB yesterday picking up an invisible shield for his new iphone and spoke to someone who just dropped by and bought an iPhone 4 there as a walk-in. Apparently they had some in stock and no one had bothered to come by and check.
They had no lines... frak me. :confused:

Raska
Jun 25, 2010, 04:08 PM
So, a co-worker of mine just told me he was at BB yesterday picking up an invisible shield for his new iphone and spoke to someone who just dropped by and bought an iPhone 4 there as a walk-in. Apparently they had some in stock and no one had bothered to come by and check.
They had no lines... frak me. :confused:

Ugh damn you Best Buy. I totally forgot about them. To be fair, I wouldn't have thought about them anyways since I would have assumed their stock was low. Think of it this way: you have some new experiences and stories to tell about your iPhone 4 launch.

Ramphex
Jun 26, 2010, 12:54 AM
At our local walmart I heard there was a line of about 40 people and they only had 1 unit in stock, what an epic walmart fail.

jaycarroll
Jun 26, 2010, 11:06 AM
Ramphex - you were about 10 people in front of me I believe - white LOST shirt and jean shorts, right? Did everyone around you end up with a phone?
I'm thinking I might have been better off staying, but the non-reserve line was just not moving at all.

Short Hills was huge, 200+ when I got there around 11am. It was partially outside too, but they were serving Ben & Jerry's, cookies, and water. I was in that line from 11am to 5:30pm. I believe they still had phones after the line ran out - no shortage there.

Ramphex
Jun 28, 2010, 12:01 AM
I was in the reserve line and got mine at like 7:30am, my friend though didn't get a chance to reserve and the 5-10 people around where I was standing were the last ones to get their phones around like 2pm when they ran out walk-in units.

imkap
Jun 28, 2010, 01:02 PM
my friend is still trying to get one - but i guess shes just going to preorder one and wait for it in the mail

Ramphex
Jul 4, 2010, 04:00 PM
give it another week and they'll be stocked in stores