Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hermolicious84

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2009
Columbia, MO
My brother, a recent high school graduate, is going to get a Macbook Pro and wants to get a Touch through the free iPod promotion. However, I noticed tat the MacRumors buying guide lists this as a "Don't Buy".

I was hoping they would announce something at WWDC, but I'm guessing that if it wasn't in the keynote it's not going to happen.

Should I tell him to go ahead and make the purchase already? He doesn't want to wait all summer to get his first computer. Thanks!

striker9

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
They use the back to school promotion to clear out their stock to make way for the new ipods. This normally happens after the promotion is over.

Hermolicious84

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2009
Columbia, MO
Yikes, I guess I should have done a little more research on this. Every model of the iPod Touch so far has been announced in September, like you said. Thanks for the help!

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
what im wondering is... case design change or just speck upgrade to the A4 processor and such...?

striker9

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
They normally try to keep their products in line with eachother. Seeing how they are going with a new design standard, I wouldn't be surprised to see it become a ipad/iphone4 hybrid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.