PDA

View Full Version : Bridgewater, NJ (Bridgewater Commons Mall)

orange812
Jun 7, 2010, 02:49 PM
Anyone planning on coming here for the iPhone 4?

Time: 3-5pm (hopefully)
Quantity: 1
Color/Size: Black 32GB

See you all there!

thomamon
Jun 10, 2010, 12:10 AM

See you all there!

I am planning on getting there for when they open! Do you think they would still have any left by 3-5pm?

wsu108
Jun 10, 2010, 10:36 PM

See you all there!

I will try to pre-order/reserve mine at June 15. I prefer to pick it up at the Bridgewater Apple store, but if it can't, I will get it by mail.

From the experience of iPhone 3GS launch, the line is really long at the Apple store and the ATT store sold out quickly.

The Bridgewater Commons Mall is not opened until 10:00am, but ATT will start to sell it at 7:00am (not sure about Apple). Any one knows how to get into the mall at 7:00am?

thomamon
Jun 11, 2010, 12:22 AM
I will try to pre-order/reserve mine at June 15. I prefer to pick it up at the Bridgewater Apple store, but if it can't, I will get it by mail.

From the experience of iPhone 3GS launch, the line is really long at the Apple store and the ATT store sold out quickly.

The Bridgewater Commons Mall is not opened until 10:00am, but ATT will start to sell it at 7:00am (not sure about Apple). Any one knows how to get into the mall at 7:00am?

I am sure there has to be one door they leave open. I'll head to the apple store next week and ask.

ksong12
Jun 11, 2010, 09:35 PM
I'm planning on being there! I'm not sure when yet - the mall opens at 10 like you've said.

From the 3G launch, it looks like they opened early: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=509777

But I don't know - I called Apple today and they said they won't open earlier than 10. Which I'm not so sure is accurate.

Once it gets closer I'm sure they'll know - if they open at 7 like AT&T stores are supposed to (since there's an AT&T store in the same mall), I'll go at like 6-ish.

wsu108
Jun 12, 2010, 10:04 PM
I'm planning on being there! I'm not sure when yet - the mall opens at 10 like you've said.

From the 3G launch, it looks like they opened early: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=509777

But I don't know - I called Apple today and they said they won't open earlier than 10. Which I'm not so sure is accurate.

Once it gets closer I'm sure they'll know - if they open at 7 like AT&T stores are supposed to (since there's an AT&T store in the same mall), I'll go at like 6-ish.

I am still not decided whether to go or pre-order. So far, still don't have information about pre-order and pick up at the store. If I decide to go, I think I will be there around 6-ish too.

PaperMacWriter
Jun 13, 2010, 11:24 AM
EDIT: Alas, looking more closely at plans, I'm not going to be able to camp out :( I'll be having it shipped to where I'm staying instead.
Stan

PaperMacWriter
Jun 16, 2010, 11:10 AM
With apples screwy pre-orders, I was only able to reserve one in store. So, y'all will see me there (I should be arriving around 5ish).
Stan

wsu108
Jun 16, 2010, 11:57 AM
I get my iphone shipped to my apartment, so I don't need to go to the store. It's very hard to even get through the ATT's verification system (from Apple site) to get it ordered, but I managed to do that.

I talked to someone in the Bridgewater Commons Mall's ATT store: the ATT has 2 stock pools of iPhone 4, one for pre-order (ran out), one for June 24th, first come first serve. So ATT store is also a good choice to pick if you want to go there early.

I wish you best luck.

ksong12
Jun 18, 2010, 12:38 AM
Anyone know when they're opening? My confirmation email said 7am but the people have no idea.

Jonjon78
Jun 18, 2010, 07:14 PM
Last year they open around 6:30 to let people in and start the lines. They obviously had two lines, one for reserved iphones and one for buyers. I believe the door by Macy's stays open to allow walkers inside, but I think they didn't let people in earlier. I will probably be by that entrance around 5ish. C u all there. I got mine reserved, it took me all day, of course.

ksong12
Jun 18, 2010, 07:19 PM
Hm actually I just called the store and they said that doors will open at 5am. Store opens at 7 (like all the others).

thomamon
Jun 19, 2010, 04:13 AM
I was there yesterday, they told me all non store entrances will be open and that the Apple store will open at 7. I will before for 6esh as well.

ksong12
Jun 19, 2010, 01:55 PM
Well I called again and this time they told me the mall's opening at 6am. And she said all of the entrances would be open.

Sooo not sure who to believe...

Zenteeric
Jun 20, 2010, 02:24 PM
Are none of you guys going the night before? Will the mall kick us out? I call and asked and the guy said I could stay through the night.
I didn't reserve one.

ksong12
Jun 20, 2010, 02:42 PM
I dunno. I have a reservation though...

Zenteeric
Jun 20, 2010, 05:42 PM
OK! Got some great info for you guys!! There will be a line forming at entrance 5. The security guy said that is the entrance by McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant. He said that door only will be opening at 6:30. We can park at the mall over night too. I plan to get there sometime around 7pm-11pm on wednesday with my brother to hopefully start the line? :D but maybe not haha.

Pyrotek
Jun 20, 2010, 08:41 PM
I was planning to get there around 6am.

Zenteeric
Jun 20, 2010, 09:49 PM
I was planning to get there around 6am.

Did you preorder?

Pyrotek
Jun 21, 2010, 07:34 AM
Did you preorder?

Yes, and confirmed it with the store.

Martyrd0m
Jun 21, 2010, 06:57 PM
Wonder when would a good time would be just to try and grab a bumper. Got my coming to my house. Wouldn't dare try and fight the line at that mall

Zenteeric
Jun 22, 2010, 07:17 PM
What I'm curious about is if people will be lining up before the mall closes. If they do... will they line up outside the mall while it's still open? Or at the apple store till they kick them out?

tzag
Jun 22, 2010, 08:47 PM
I called the Apple Store and they said they did not receive any shipments yet, and are unaware if they're getting the bumpers.

And I'm bummed that the mall no longer has the ZAGG stand right outside the Apple Stores, but we can get 20-50% off at ZAGG.com

I got mine reserved, and will show up at 7 a.m. and hopefully there won't be a huge reserved line.

Zenteeric
Jun 22, 2010, 09:28 PM
I'm also curious as to what will happen when the doors open to the mall? Will the line from outside be rushed in? or will we all just walk and stay in our line or just line back up once we get inside?

grodgers
Jun 23, 2010, 06:18 AM
OK so you get to the mall early. You park and wait.

1) If you need to take a leak while waiting to get in the mall, where are you going to do it?

2) Once you get in the mall and in line, if you have to wait 2 hours and need to take a leak, do you lose your place in line?

Chimpware
Jun 23, 2010, 07:23 AM
OK so you get to the mall early. You park and wait.

1) If you need to take a leak while waiting to get in the mall, where are you going to do it?

2) Once you get in the mall and in line, if you have to wait 2 hours and need to take a leak, do you lose your place in line?

Uhhhh, are you incontinent?

impakt1
Jun 23, 2010, 07:57 AM
I'll be there around 5am.

fr4c
Jun 23, 2010, 12:06 PM
Hmm not much activity for Bridgewater Commons. I guess not many are on MR then. I worked both the 3G and 3GS launch, and it was madness for 12 straight hours. This year might be the first time that I'll be waiting in line as a customer, rather than an employee. Still deciding whether or not if I want to get one on launch day...

ksong12
Jun 23, 2010, 12:07 PM
Well I made three calls today. One to the Apple Store, one to BR Commons Customer Service, and one to BR Commons Security.

All three of them said doors were opening at 6:30 (the mall doors I mean). And it'd be the McCormick Seafood restaurant doors.

Pyrotek
Jun 23, 2010, 01:13 PM
Just stopped by the Apple store, also confirmed the McCormick doors and they did not receive a shipment yet.

Guning
Jun 23, 2010, 01:40 PM
OoOoo my brother just called and said that his friend (who preordered and got it delivered to his house today) said that there were 2 people already lined up in front of McCormick and Shmick's since 11AM today? Anyone confirm this? I'm probably gonna head down there around 1 or 2 in the morning.

impakt1
Jun 23, 2010, 03:30 PM
My girlfriend and I will be joining them

Guning
Jun 23, 2010, 03:47 PM
My girlfriend and I will be joining them

You guys are there already? Or will be there VERY soon?

Pyrotek
Jun 23, 2010, 03:58 PM
To those lining up already, do you have
Reservations?

impakt1
Jun 23, 2010, 04:18 PM
You guys are there already? Or will be there VERY soon?

We will be there soon! (: We're friendly. We like people so come join us and lets make the best of the night

To those lining up already, do you have
Reservations?

I Have one reservation, but i need another phone.

Pyrotek
Jun 23, 2010, 05:17 PM
Cool, not sure when I'm heading there. Was thinking about getting there at 5ish. Either way, will see you sometime in the near future.

edit: If you would post here a couple updates about how the night goes, that would be awesome.

impakt1
Jun 23, 2010, 05:50 PM
There are 7 people now.
I'm the only one with a reservation.

brucku
Jun 24, 2010, 01:09 AM
Anyone care to update on the size of the line and rough idea of how many with reservations?

Thanks. I'll be there at 5am and I have one reserved.

impakt1
Jun 24, 2010, 04:38 AM
The line was moved inside.
About a 100 for the walk in line and about 30-40 reservations.
Everyone with a reservation is guaranteed.

Pyrotek
Jun 24, 2010, 04:52 AM
Looks like the reserve line is about 70 deep

Chimpware
Jun 24, 2010, 05:28 AM
The line was moved inside.
About a 100 for the walk in line and about 30-40 reservations.
Everyone with a reservation is guaranteed.

Thanks for the Twitter updates.

simrag34
Jun 24, 2010, 07:27 AM
Anybody have an update on the number of people in the reservation line? I am anxious to get it but don't want to wait too long since I have it reserved and it's guaranteed.

Thanks!

LimeiBook86
Jun 24, 2010, 08:07 AM
Anybody have an update on the number of people in the reservation line? I am anxious to get it but don't want to wait too long since I have it reserved and it's guaranteed.

Thanks!

Unfortunately the reserve is not a 100% guarantee (read the fine print) but it is better than nothing at all and you do get first pick.

The Bridgewater store is the smallest Apple Store I've ever been to so I hope they have extra staff, they really need to make that store bigger.

Martyrd0m
Jun 24, 2010, 08:16 AM
The sad part is that was made bigger. When it was across the hall it was half the size. Can't stand going in there because it always packed with people just playing with stuff. I couldn't demo the iMac when I went to purchase it because every one had someone using it checking bank statements or something. The employee helping me didn't know what to do.

fr4c
Jun 24, 2010, 08:36 AM
Just got mine, AT&T servers seems to be holding up so far and no issues with activation. In fact it was quite quick and I was surprised.

I asked the employee how many phones they received this morning, and he said they definitely don't have enough phones for everyone at this rate. Hope this helps the folks who I saw were all the way back in the line, as well as anyone who was thinking of stopping in.

LimeiBook86
Jun 24, 2010, 08:42 AM
Ouch, well I was there around sometime a year or so ago. It was pretty small then, so unless they made it a bit bigger they still need to enlarge it. :p

Pyrotek
Jun 24, 2010, 10:40 AM
Got there around 5:40 (was about #40 in the reserve line) and was out of there around 7:30 this morning. Not too bad, I couldn't believe how long the reserve line was by 7am. Couldn't even see the end. The non-reserve was even crazier, feel sorry for those who wait and don't get one. They should do some quick math and tell people beyond some point to stop wasting their time.

Chimpware
Jun 24, 2010, 02:11 PM
Got there around 5:40 (was about #40 in the reserve line) and was out of there around 7:30 this morning. Not too bad, I couldn't believe how long the reserve line was by 7am. Couldn't even see the end. The non-reserve was even crazier, feel sorry for those who wait and don't get one. They should do some quick math and tell people beyond some point to stop wasting their time.

I must have been standing right next to you, I also got there around 5:30-5:40 and was out of the store by 7:28 am.

Dudestorm
Jun 24, 2010, 02:20 PM
I pre-ordered my phone at the AT&T store, and got a e-mail yesterday saying the phone was ready to be picked up. I was planning on heading over to the mall after work, seeing if anyone can give an update on whats going on over there or anything!?

When I went on the 15th the AT&T store was pretty empty, it only took about 15mins or so to meet with someone and get everything done.

ksong12
Jun 24, 2010, 02:23 PM
There was about 5 people in line at the AT&T store at 7am hahahah. At 9:30 when I got out of the Apple Store, there was nobody there. It was deserted. You'll have no problems.

I ended up getting to the Apple Store around 6:30. Line was ridiculous for the reserve line. They had some trouble pulling up my reservation - didn't show up in the reserved but did show up under my customer data, so it was fine.

Got in the store around 8:30, activation (for a new line) was a little problemic, but I got at 9:30, new iPhone in tow :)

Dudestorm
Jun 24, 2010, 02:26 PM
Well that makes me feel better! Haha I was getting worried about the store not having enough, but I assumed most people went to the Apple store in the first place.

Thanks!

simrag34
Jun 24, 2010, 02:47 PM
Unfortunately the reserve is not a 100% guarantee (read the fine print) but it is better than nothing at all and you do get first pick.

The Bridgewater store is the smallest Apple Store I've ever been to so I hope they have extra staff, they really need to make that store bigger.

Hopefully you are incorrect. I spoke to 3 Apple sources to confirm the guarantee:
1. Apple 1-800 customer service
2. Apple store rep via phone
3. In-person today at the store

All 3 guaranteed I have a phone at the store with my name on it as long as I pick it up today.

LimeiBook86
Jun 24, 2010, 03:09 PM
I was simply referring to the fine print on Apple's pre-order page. Hopefully everyone can get their iPhones today who pre-ordered them.

simrag34
Jun 26, 2010, 05:56 AM
Just an update:

After seeing the lines at 10:30 AM and hearing that some people in those lines had been there since 6:30 AM, I chose to come back at 4 PM. I was in-and-out in about 15 minutes with my new 32GB iPhone 4.