PDA

View Full Version : Austin, TX [Barton Creek & Domain]

AVFolk
Jun 7, 2010, 02:58 PM
Our CapMac iPhone group will have hospitality teams at both Austin stores to greet iPhone 4 customers, and assist new users.

All iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users are welcome at our free monthly meetups here in Austin:

www.meetup.com/iphonesig

tbobmccoy
Jun 7, 2010, 03:24 PM
Our CapMac iPhone group will have hospitality teams at both Austin stores to greet iPhone 4 customers, and assist new users.

All iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users are welcome at our free monthly meetups here in Austin:

www.meetup.com/iphonesig

I'll be preordering for the Domain store :D

travelingmande
Jun 19, 2010, 07:43 AM
I will be there, just cant decide what time to get there?

ryguy512
Jun 19, 2010, 02:34 PM
I'm in the same boat. I was lucky to reserve the new iPhone at Apple Store Domain. I wasn't asked to "pre-order" with money down, but just to reserve with my Apple ID. Is this the same?

And yeah, what time should we be there to get one for sure?

See you all there! :apple:

Amnesia87
Jun 19, 2010, 03:49 PM
I tried to reserve it, and the site said it worked, but it never sent me the confirmation email. Called the store and they said they never got it >_<

Anyways I'm debating going out there Wednesday night / Thursday morning to try and just get one of the walkin ones.

I just wish I had some idea how early I'd really have to get there to stand a chance.

tasslehawf
Jun 19, 2010, 06:55 PM
Apple canceled my pre-order (to be delivered on the 24th), but get me a reservation at the Domain. I'm thinking 4am?

This is my first iPhone launch in TX (past three were in Los Angeles). What's the situation as far as lining up/camping at the Domain?

Amnesia87
Jun 19, 2010, 07:05 PM
Apple canceled my pre-order (to be delivered on the 24th), but get me a reservation at the Domain. I'm thinking 4am?

This is my first iPhone launch in TX (past three were in Los Angeles). What's the situation as far as lining up/camping at the Domain?

lol what do you mean they canceled your order?

tasslehawf
Jun 19, 2010, 07:11 PM
lol what do you mean they canceled your order?

Some internal error. They canceled my order this morning. I got two different stories: one rep told me I didn't sign the AT&T agreement email that I never got and the other said it was an internal error - probably related to my double order (I ordered one over at AT&T, but never got a confirmation so I ordered one with Apple. I canceled my AT&T order on Thursday).

The second rep I talked to said there was nothing they could do once is was canceled.

Amnesia87
Jun 19, 2010, 07:49 PM
damn that sucks, did you get a confirmation on the reservation?

tasslehawf
Jun 19, 2010, 08:07 PM
damn that sucks, did you get a confirmation on the reservation?

The Apple store rep had me talk to the guy at the Domain directly (3-way) so I hope I'm good. :D

tasslehawf
Jun 19, 2010, 09:45 PM
I was reading old reports from the archives from the 2008 3G launch at the Domain.

Seems like they'll be open at 8 am. I'm going to go by the night before, but I'm thinking of showing up around 4 am.

tasslehawf
Jun 19, 2010, 10:26 PM
Domain site says 7 am, but I still think 4.

Flavor
Jun 20, 2010, 12:49 AM
yeah i was wondering how bad it was going to be too. thinking about heading down about 6am or so. i don't care if i'm not the first in as long as i get one.

tasslehawf
Jun 21, 2010, 01:45 PM
I was just over at the Domain and got the same 5 am line-up information. Unfortunately, I found out that my reservation isn't really a reservation. The Apple phone support guy got me on a waiting list at the Apple store (for people who had their orders canceled by Apple). The guy at the domain said that corporate hasn't told them yet what they're going to do with those people but that they would be calling us before Thursday to let us know.

ryguy512
Jun 21, 2010, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I'd like to know if the "Reserve" feature, which had me just put in my Apple ID counts as a Pre-Order, in terms of whether i'm getting one for sure without being the first in line. :confused:

Oh, and tasselhawf, I just wanted to say i'm interested in making furniture, and I like your designs! Very clean and modern.

tasslehawf
Jun 21, 2010, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I'd like to know if the "Reserve" feature, which had me just put in my Apple ID counts as a Pre-Order, in terms of whether i'm getting one for sure without being the first in line. :confused:

Oh, and tasselhawf, I just wanted to say i'm interested in making furniture, and I like your designs! Very clean and modern.

It certainly gets you in a better boat than people who don't have a reservation. Show up early - you'll get one.

Heh and thanks for the compliment. If you ever want to discuss your designs or furniture design in general, PM me.