PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook 'creaking'? (not hinge-related)

Whigga Spitta
Oct 14, 2004, 03:35 PM
Now that I am using my Powerbook away from my iCurve, I noticed a really strange sound that no one else has brought up in any threads here. With it on my lap, if I move it so the base is anything but parallel to the floor, it kind of creaks. I can't really identify where the sound is coming from and it doesn't seem to be HD/hinge related at all. Is this bad (it doesn't sound too great) and/or does it need fixing?

Macs R Us
Oct 14, 2004, 03:36 PM
Hum... Seems odd, what PB is it?

Now that I am using my Powerbook away from my iCurve, I noticed a really strange sound that no one else has brought up in any threads here. With it on my lap, if I move it so the base is anything but parallel to the floor, it kind of creaks. I can't really identify where the sound is coming from and it doesn't seem to be HD/hinge related at all. Is this bad (it doesn't sound too great) and/or does it need fixing?

Macs R Us
Oct 14, 2004, 03:38 PM
I just tried mine and it had a CD in it so I think that and the HD would make some noise... Not sure for you though...

Whigga Spitta
Oct 14, 2004, 03:42 PM
It's a 15" 1.5 Ghz with a combo drive. There's no disc in the drive though and right now I'm not running any intensive programs, I think I might take it to the Apple Store tonight (problem with that is I'll probably walk out a couple hundred dollars poorer (is that a word)).