Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Whigga Spitta

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Can you say Chi-City??
Now that I am using my Powerbook away from my iCurve, I noticed a really strange sound that no one else has brought up in any threads here. With it on my lap, if I move it so the base is anything but parallel to the floor, it kind of creaks. I can't really identify where the sound is coming from and it doesn't seem to be HD/hinge related at all. Is this bad (it doesn't sound too great) and/or does it need fixing?

Hum... Seems odd, what PB is it?

Whigga Spitta said:
Now that I am using my Powerbook away from my iCurve, I noticed a really strange sound that no one else has brought up in any threads here. With it on my lap, if I move it so the base is anything but parallel to the floor, it kind of creaks. I can't really identify where the sound is coming from and it doesn't seem to be HD/hinge related at all. Is this bad (it doesn't sound too great) and/or does it need fixing?

Whigga Spitta

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Can you say Chi-City??
It's a 15" 1.5 Ghz with a combo drive. There's no disc in the drive though and right now I'm not running any intensive programs, I think I might take it to the Apple Store tonight (problem with that is I'll probably walk out a couple hundred dollars poorer (is that a word)).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.