PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 @ Brea Mall (OC, CA)

Brien
Jun 7, 2010, 03:18 PM
So...

Who plans on braving the store on launch day? Unless something comes up, I plan on getting there bright and early.

Mystikal
Jun 7, 2010, 03:23 PM
Ill be going somewhere in Irvine since I live there. Cant wait!

The Californian
Jun 11, 2010, 09:20 PM
I'm thinking about it ... Then again, I'm in no rush ... I may wait a couple weeks, hopefully InvisibleSHEILD gets some product for iPhone 4 quick so I can pick it up and walk right outside and have them install one.

siurpeeman
Jun 11, 2010, 09:27 PM
if i go anywhere, it'll be here. maybe i'll go during lunch.

RTiii320
Jun 14, 2010, 09:52 PM
did anyone come to this store for an iPhone launch before? are they allowing people to wait over night? if not, what time are they allowing you arrive in the morning? Thanks for the help!

Brien
Jun 14, 2010, 10:50 PM
I'm thinking about it ... Then again, I'm in no rush ... I may wait a couple weeks, hopefully InvisibleSHEILD gets some product for iPhone 4 quick so I can pick it up and walk right outside and have them install one.
Save your money on the install fee & taxes and buy it online. With the new phone being flat, it'll be super easy to do it yourself.

siurpeeman
Jun 15, 2010, 01:30 AM
did anyone come to this store for an iPhone launch before? are they allowing people to wait over night? if not, what time are they allowing you arrive in the morning? Thanks for the help!

they don't allow you to wait overnight. it was either 5 or 6 in the morning that you could start waiting (i want to say six).

RTiii320
Jun 15, 2010, 01:40 AM
they don't allow you to wait overnight. it was either 5 or 6 in the morning that you could start waiting (i want to say six).

k, thx for the info. Much appreciated

can i sit in my car in the parking lot until that time and then rush in? or do you happen to know if they try and clear out the parking lot?

Jukes316
Jun 15, 2010, 06:06 PM
I pre-ordered one through the Apple Store app for the Brea mall.
But never got a confirmation email.
Think it went through or not?

I plan on going early probably. Depending on if my order went through!

Fastpitchsball
Jun 15, 2010, 11:10 PM
I'll be there bright and early!

anidream
Jun 16, 2010, 02:42 PM
I will be there bright and early.. like... seriously early lol ..

Anyone wants to meet up?

If we wont be able to wait in front of the store. Where can we line up?

nabechu
Jun 16, 2010, 03:02 PM

I went there last year to get my 3gs. I arrived at 4:30am and there was a line outside of the mall with over 100 people already. Security let everyone into the mall at 5am.

beebo87
Jun 17, 2010, 06:03 AM
at what entrance does the line start at? my brother and i pre-ordered our iphones to be picked up at brea.. we were still planning on going around 3 or 4 though...

siurpeeman
Jun 17, 2010, 06:09 AM
at what entrance does the line start at? my brother and i pre-ordered our iphones to be picked up at brea.. we were still planning on going around 3 or 4 though...

i would assume the entrance right next to the red robin, near macy's.

beebo87
Jun 17, 2010, 06:11 AM
i, see. thats what i thought too. i wonder if i should still camp out that early... i have my reserves but i still don't want to be stuck in line all day. -_-

skin532
Jun 17, 2010, 10:07 PM
ill be there never really waited in line for a iphone but ive had every phone but im hoping to get up early and i dont think security will kick you off the parking lot... i talk to the guy at the apple store and he said the main mall doors dont open until 7 and the loading dock opens at 6 but u gotta know how to get in that but i wonder how many they will have in stock i dont wanna be left out of a phone or id have to wait a couple of weeks :apple:

beebo87
Jun 18, 2010, 02:43 AM
so we'll be able to go into the mall through the loading dock at 6? interesting...

and just a heads up... i called them today to make sure they had my reservation... then i asked a few questions. they told me there will be 2 lines. 1 for reserves and 1 for walk ins. BUT.. he told me they had over 2000 reserves for that store... 2 freaking thousand. sounds insane to me. he said they'll receive enough shipment to cover it. but just be prepared for a long line.

skin532
Jun 18, 2010, 06:57 AM
2000 people geez im so glad i got off work for the day i guess i better bring fold up chairs lol... but i think your best bet is to bring someone with you incase you would like to sit down or go to the rest room so you dont lose your place in line thats why i have my girl go with me:D

Jukes316
Jun 18, 2010, 01:38 PM
Yea I called yesterday to check mine as well. When he was chekcing my name he said it was taking forever cause there were 2000...
I hope everyone isn't going in the morning! lol.
Maybe it be best to later in the day? Maybe it die down?
Idk.
But anyone wanna meet up? I don't know anyone getting the Iphone 4 and I don't want to be in a long ass line by myself. Haha.

Eldiablojoe
Jun 18, 2010, 02:34 PM
Yea I called yesterday to check mine as well. When he was chekcing my name he said it was taking forever cause there were 2000...
I hope everyone isn't going in the morning! lol.
Maybe it be best to later in the day? Maybe it die down?
Idk.
But anyone wanna meet up? I don't know anyone getting the Iphone 4 and I don't want to be in a long ass line by myself. Haha.
I think that is the best bet. Show up around 9am, give the store a good coupla hours to get through the first wave/rush and you will have a smooth, easy process.

beebo87
Jun 18, 2010, 03:42 PM
I think that is the best bet. Show up around 9am, give the store a good coupla hours to get through the first wave/rush and you will have a smooth, easy process.

i don't think there is a "best bet" with that many people. plus all the people who think they can get one by just walking in first thing in the morning. i wouldn't be surprised if there were people lining up now. i'll probably still go early just so i can get it over with. regardless what time you go you're gna have to stand in line. the only way i see all this going smoothly is if they close the entire store to everything BUT iphone orders and have all their employees focused on getting everyone in and out. but i highly doubt they'd do that.

mabazzaba
Jun 18, 2010, 06:51 PM
Lines are such pains, but because I sold my 3G a few days ago, I don't see any other choice. I think I'll be there around 0300 with my good friend, mary jane, to pass the time.

skin532
Jun 18, 2010, 08:06 PM
so i wonder if your reserved does that mean you are garenteed an iphone 4? or like they say first come first surve... becuase if that is the case ill be there bright and early like 4:30 - 5:00am ill be a tall white boy with maybe a rockstar energy shirt on and/or a rockstar hat

Jukes316
Jun 18, 2010, 09:34 PM
Maybe I'll bring my own Mary Jane as well. ;)
but ya. Probably just go and get over with.

I wish they would do that. Just shut it down until pre orders get done. Then open.

ozt1ks
Jun 19, 2010, 01:21 AM
If anyone wants to meet up, I am down... I plan on getting there at 4:30ish w/ breakfast, my iPhone, and a bunch of energy... Msg/tweet (that still sounds weird... "tweet") me on twitter @ozt1ks and we can meet up

mabazzaba
Jun 19, 2010, 03:05 AM
so i wonder if your reserved does that mean you are garenteed an iphone 4? or like they say first come first surve... becuase if that is the case ill be there bright and early like 4:30 - 5:00am ill be a tall white boy with maybe a rockstar energy shirt on and/or a rockstar hat

I believe they set aside 2000 iPhones that are only to be sold to those who reserved them, but the later you go, the longer the line. Don't quote me though, I'm just basing this theory on the fact that if they sell your reserved iPhone, there's absolutely no point in reserving one.

Maybe I'll bring my own Mary Jane as well. ;)
but ya. Probably just go and get over with.

I wish they would do that. Just shut it down until pre orders get done. Then open.

You know, haha. I'm one of the people who didn't preorder or reserve one because I'm much more interested in the white so I could just waste my whole day there for nothing.

procrastinasn
Jun 20, 2010, 08:04 PM

BodyGuardz is better than InvisibleSHIELD.
http://www.bodyguardz.com/apple-iphone-4-cases-screen-protectors-covers-shields-skins-films.html

i don't think there is a "best bet" with that many people. plus all the people who think they can get one by just walking in first thing in the morning. i wouldn't be surprised if there were people lining up now. i'll probably still go early just so i can get it over with. regardless what time you go you're gna have to stand in line. the only way i see all this going smoothly is if they close the entire store to everything BUT iphone orders and have all their employees focused on getting everyone in and out. but i highly doubt they'd do that.

I'm pretty sure that's what they do.. You cant make reservations at the genius bar for the whole day~

You know, haha. I'm one of the people who didn't preorder or reserve one because I'm much more interested in the white so I could just waste my whole day there for nothing.

I did the same~

vcandis
Jun 20, 2010, 10:06 PM
Did anyone reserve a phone using the new apple store app. I could not reserve one using apple.com or att.com so I used the new apple sore app. and it work. They asked a few questions, and then I got the e-mail about my reservation...just wondering if anyone else used it to reserve.

Fastpitchsball
Jun 20, 2010, 10:39 PM
Did anyone reserve a phone using the new apple store app. I could not reserve one using apple.com or att.com so I used the new apple sore app. and it work. They asked a few questions, and then I got the e-mail about my reservation...just wondering if anyone else used it to reserve.

Yes, I did. I had been trying through apple.com since about 6am then someone mentioned to try the new apple store app and it work like a charm.

iMikeT
Jun 20, 2010, 10:43 PM

I managed to reserve a phone through apple.com, albeit through a lot of hassle, on the 15th.

iMikeT
Jun 20, 2010, 10:48 PM
By the way, I'll definitely be at the Brea Mall location early to pick up my phone along with my fellow crazy Applites. I suppose we'll all figure out where and when the meet up will be in the coming days.

Jukes316
Jun 20, 2010, 10:56 PM
I used the app as well. Called the store later and they said they had it. So it worked.

vcandis
Jun 21, 2010, 01:09 PM
Did anyone get this message while trying to pre-order:

"We're sorry. The AT&T account you have is a business account. Please contact your company's telecom manager or AT&T account manager to complete your iPhone purchase"

I wondering if this means they will not be able to set it up for me on Thursday???

beebo87
Jun 21, 2010, 06:40 PM
i wonder how brea mall security is gna be on that day. my gf works at the mall so i know the ways to get in thru loading docks and stuff. i wonder what time we'll be allowed to enter the mall and wait in front of the apple store.

rachellelatrice
Jun 21, 2010, 07:34 PM
Hey, i did the same thing- and received no confirmation email, called apple, and they have NO RECORD of my reservation. If you received no confirmation email or if you logged on to apple.com reservations and your reservation is NOT there, it did not save.

Jukes316
Jun 22, 2010, 12:00 AM
I already called and they said they did have my reservation. Also got a "Don't Forget to Pick-up Your Iphone" email.

mabazzaba
Jun 22, 2010, 03:08 PM
So, where does the line start? Red Robin? :confused:

Fastpitchsball
Jun 22, 2010, 04:44 PM
So, where does the line start? Red Robin? :confused:

For the iPad it did. I would assume they would do the same for the iPhone 4.:)

RTiii320
Jun 22, 2010, 04:54 PM
For the iPad it did. I would assume they would do the same for the iPhone 4.:)

can we camp out wednesday night?

Fastpitchsball
Jun 22, 2010, 05:14 PM
can we camp out wednesday night?

That I don't know. You'll have to call the mall about that. For the iPad I showed up only about 2 hours before.

beebo87
Jun 22, 2010, 06:27 PM
That I don't know. You'll have to call the mall about that. For the iPad I showed up only about 2 hours before.

when they let you guys inside the mall were there already people waiting at apple? i've heard stories about people waiting outside the mall and when they are let in they find out that there were people already lined up inside the mall. i want to avoid that if its possible.

Fastpitchsball
Jun 22, 2010, 06:45 PM
when they let you guys inside the mall were there already people waiting at apple? i've heard stories about people waiting outside the mall and when they are let in they find out that there were people already lined up inside the mall. i want to avoid that if its possible.

Nope we were the first people there. The reserved line started on the apple side of the walkway and the non reserved started on the other side right along Victoria Secret.

kylehayes
Jun 22, 2010, 10:49 PM
This is my first Apple product launch and I'm pretty excited. Mainly I'm excited about this awesome new phone. Originally I was thinking of showing up around 4 but now I'm thinking 3. I have a reservation but need to get a 2nd one for my wife (if White ones happen to show up that day:-P ).

If I do have to order my wife's separately I still should be able to do that right with the cheap upgrade price?

anidream
Jun 22, 2010, 11:45 PM
Anyone is camping @ Brea Mall yet?

How many people are there??

And are you inside the Mall (by the Apple Store) or outside of Red Robin entrance?

kylehayes
Jun 22, 2010, 11:51 PM
It sounds like it will be at the Red Robin entrance as this is where the line for the iPad launch.

cambridge1807
Jun 23, 2010, 12:08 AM
I have a reservation for a black for someone else on the line, but would like to line up for the white in hopes that it is available at launch. What line would I need to line up in?

asoto88
Jun 23, 2010, 12:41 AM
I'm going to drive over there right now and see if anyone is camped out already, otherwise i get out of work at 4:30 and work fairly close to the mall. I'm going to head straight there after work to see if anyone is camping out yet. Otherwise i'll go home and grab a bite to eat and come back around 6, looks like im bringing some sleeping bagsss, i'll let you guys know if anyone is camping out already. BRB

asoto88
Jun 23, 2010, 01:18 AM
So i just came back and it looks like there was for sure 1 car with about 4 people inside with sleeping bags. There might of been 1 other car but im not positive. I was trying to find mall security to see if they can give me any info about tomorrow but i'm just going to head there tomorrow after work. So if anyone wants to meet up for an early start to camping out email me - asoto610@yahoo.com

tomorrow will be a start to a very longgg dayyyy... :)

iMikeT
Jun 23, 2010, 01:31 AM
Well it looks like there's going to be an extra iPhone at Brea as I'll be going to the Cerritos Apple Store for opening day and hopefully I'll get my iPhone there instead. I guess some lucky walk-in will get their hands on it :). Anyway, in case I don't get to pick one up in Cerritos, I'll definitely be back here for my reserve!:p

Lyetz
Jun 23, 2010, 01:34 AM

EDIT: Didn't see your latest post confirming the reservation. :P

mabazzaba
Jun 23, 2010, 12:32 PM
Did anyone get this message while trying to pre-order:

"We're sorry. The AT&T account you have is a business account. Please contact your company's telecom manager or AT&T account manager to complete your iPhone purchase"

I wondering if this means they will not be able to set it up for me on Thursday???

As long as it was you who set up the account, I'm sure you'll be able to set it up at the Apple store. Otherwise, I don't think you'll be able to because of the fact that you have to renew the 2-year contract on the account in order to get the iPhones for $199/$299.

This is my first Apple product launch and I'm pretty excited. Mainly I'm excited about this awesome new phone. Originally I was thinking of showing up around 4 but now I'm thinking 3. I have a reservation but need to get a 2nd one for my wife (if White ones happen to show up that day:-P ).

If I do have to order my wife's separately I still should be able to do that right with the cheap upgrade price?

Yes, I think you'll be able to get your wife's for the cheap upgrade price as long as she's eligible for an upgrade or is not on your family plan yet.

I have a reservation for a black for someone else on the line, but would like to line up for the white in hopes that it is available at launch. What line would I need to line up in?

There might be two lines in front of Red Robin, but I can also see one line being a possibility until someone lets us into the mall and then splits us into two lines. If I were you, (and there are two lines outside of Red Robin) I would line up in the walk-in line because even if you don't get a white one for your wife, you can still request your reserved iPhone unless they make you walk back to the end of the reserve line in which case you'll have to wait even longer, but your phone will still be reserved.

PHEW... :o

kylehayes
Jun 23, 2010, 01:17 PM
I really would rather not camp out. I think I would be ok showing up around 3-4 right? "OK" defined as getting my reserved phone :-)

Wolverinepwns
Jun 23, 2010, 02:08 PM
Just came from Brea mall right now. Talked to security and they said line will be at the redrobin entrance (1 for pre orders, 1 for walk in). they will open the door to move the line inside at 5am. No one in line yet, what time are the walk in people leaving! I don't wanna be the only one there!

asoto88
Jun 23, 2010, 02:25 PM
Just came from Brea mall right now. Talked to security and they said line will be at the redrobin entrance (1 for pre orders, 1 for walk in). they will open the door to move the line inside at 5am. No one in line yet, what time are the walk in people leaving! I don't wanna be the only one there!

I was trying to find security last night but couldn't find anyone. I'm heading there straight after work, if you want email me and we can meet up. I plan on being there for the long haul. asoto610@yahoo.com

I dont wanna be one of the first one's there by myself either .. :(

rookieoftheyear
Jun 23, 2010, 02:53 PM
I was trying to find security last night but couldn't find anyone. I'm heading there straight after work, if you want email me and we can meet up. I plan on being there for the long haul. asoto610@yahoo.com

I dont wanna be one of the first one's there by myself either .. :(

I'll be there at 6:30 today with chair in hand, ready for the walk-in line!

Alisssaaa
Jun 23, 2010, 04:22 PM
If I get in line at the mall at 11 or midnight for the non-reserve what do you think my chances will be? are there a ton of people lining up before that? HELP! ahhhhh

Brien
Jun 23, 2010, 04:26 PM
Well, it looks like due to this little white iPhone snafu I won't be camping for a phone. I'm still considering swinging by to check out the phones and bumpers in person, and maybe pick up a bumper now before they're all snatched up.

I called the store earlier but they don't seem to want to answer the phones today, so if anyone else finds out about bumper availability, please let me know!

mabazzaba
Jun 23, 2010, 04:28 PM
If I get in line at the mall at 11 or midnight for the non-reserve what do you think my chances will be? are there a ton of people lining up before that? HELP! ahhhhh

I'm sure you'll be fine if you line up all the way up to at least 4am. I was gonna go around 2 or 3am, but now that apple confirmed that the white iPhones aren't coming out until late july, I'm not gonna be there. Good luck everyone!

asoto88
Jun 23, 2010, 04:35 PM
I'll be there at 6:30 today with chair in hand, ready for the walk-in line!

sounds like a plan. I'll see you there. Hmmmmm thinking about bringing a cooler to pass the time.. :)

Alisssaaa
Jun 23, 2010, 04:51 PM
what time are all you non-reserved people getting there??

anidream
Jun 23, 2010, 04:53 PM
Cool, I will probably find you there too...

Anyone is currently lining up @ Brea Mall?

sounds like a plan. I'll see you there. Hmmmmm thinking about bringing a cooler to pass the time.. :)

viraldesign
Jun 23, 2010, 04:53 PM
what time is everyone going? im thinking about lining up around 3-4ish.

What time does the mall open?

Do we all wait outside in seperate lines then all walk in together in formation to create another line in the store?

I hope they have a good amount of walk-in phones available.

rookieoftheyear
Jun 23, 2010, 05:34 PM
what time is everyone going? im thinking about lining up around 3-4ish.

What time does the mall open?

Do we all wait outside in seperate lines then all walk in together in formation to create another line in the store?

I hope they have a good amount of walk-in phones available.

Someone else in this thread said the mall opens at 5am, Apple opens at 7am. There will be two lines outside next to Red Robin. One for reserves, another for walk-ins.

I don't know if others have been hearing about this screen discoloration defect... but I'm assuming that people are going to be on the look out as soon as the box opens, if that's the case then the staff will have to provide a differn't unit. This can be a problem for those who don't have a reservation, as the amount of non-defective units become smaller.

I think I'm going to get there really early because of this. Tell me what you think :confused:

rookieoftheyear
Jun 23, 2010, 05:37 PM
what time are all you non-reserved people getting there??

6:30!

viraldesign
Jun 23, 2010, 05:42 PM
ill be there in the non-reserved line at around 2am-3am, bringin the macbook with verizon wifi =)!

Alisssaaa
Jun 23, 2010, 05:49 PM
okay I'll see you there! i'll bring my macbook too!!

asoto88
Jun 23, 2010, 06:09 PM
6:30!

Thats the plan, now we might have a little group of us from macrumors that can save each others spot for bathroom breaks. AHHH i cant wait to leave here!!

mabazzaba
Jun 23, 2010, 07:38 PM
Someone else in this thread said the mall opens at 5am, Apple opens at 7am. There will be two lines outside next to Red Robin. One for reserves, another for walk-ins.

I don't know if others have been hearing about this screen discoloration defect... but I'm assuming that people are going to be on the look out as soon as the box opens, if that's the case then the staff will have to provide a differn't unit. This can be a problem for those who don't have a reservation, as the amount of non-defective units become smaller.

I think I'm going to get there really early because of this. Tell me what you think :confused:

According to the macrumors blog about the screen discoloration defect, some people have tried exchanging their defective iPhones, but Apple is telling them that they don't have any replacements for them at this time. I don't know if this is because it's not the 24th yet or because they're aiming on getting rid of the first stock of iPhones before doing exchanges.

asoto88
Jun 23, 2010, 08:05 PM
heading out now. see you guys there

rookieoftheyear
Jun 23, 2010, 08:07 PM
heading out now. see you guys there

hey i just sent you an email!

mabazzaba
Jun 23, 2010, 08:21 PM
OK, I changed my mind. I'll be there tonight. anyone wanna match bowls later? :D

skin532
Jun 23, 2010, 08:27 PM
here is the hours i just got back from the mall and this is the times
http://i46.tinypic.com/4fww0w.jpg

viraldesign
Jun 23, 2010, 08:36 PM
here is the hours i just got back from the mall and this is the times

thanks for the info! does that mean we can't line up till 4am and we have to chill in our cars until then? or is everyone gonna say eff it and just line up anyway =)

anidream
Jun 23, 2010, 08:40 PM
They said no one will be allowed on Brea Mall property until 4AM...

or patrol will take you out

thanks for the info! does that mean we can't line up till 4am and we have to chill in our cars until then? or is everyone gonna say eff it and just line up anyway =)

viraldesign
Jun 23, 2010, 08:48 PM
They said no one will be allowed on Brea Mall property until 4AM...

or patrol will take you out

oh hell no, that's such bs!! we can't even park in the parking lot?

skin532
Jun 23, 2010, 08:50 PM
According to the macrumors blog about the screen discoloration defect, some people have tried exchanging their defective iPhones, but Apple is telling them that they don't have any replacements for them at this time. I don't know if this is because it's not the 24th yet or because they're aiming on getting rid of the first stock of iPhones before doing exchanges.

well there going to be transferring your info int the next iphone so hopefully if they see it they will question it:confused:

aviatorkpoc
Jun 23, 2010, 08:50 PM
i was able to talk to mall security today and they will not be letting anyone on Brea mall property before 4am. So i will be getting there around 3:30am, dont see the point of getting there earlier.:)

anidream
Jun 23, 2010, 08:51 PM
Thats what they told me... anyone can get a confirm on this?

aviatorkpoc
Jun 23, 2010, 08:57 PM
confirmed!

rookieoftheyear
Jun 23, 2010, 08:57 PM

So that means it's going to be a race to the doors at 3:59!? Fantastic! I'm actually in the apple store right now and they just told me what the sign said.

viraldesign
Jun 23, 2010, 09:03 PM
awesome, everyone get ready for a bum rush at 3:59am to the front door =p. Guranteed everyone will park across the street and race over at 3:50 haha.

rookieoftheyear
Jun 23, 2010, 09:05 PM

Yeah I read that too. But when I'm in line and that box opens and the screen has the defect then I would tell them right on the spot "hey the screen is messed up on this one":) I don't know if they will tell me "too bad" or get another one. The advantage of seeing the product vs having it shipped to you.:confused:

I hope it all goes well. See you guys at 3:29 ;)

kylehayes
Jun 23, 2010, 09:05 PM
Ugh that's frustrating. Well I guess there is no rush for me to get there at 3:00am as per my original plan.

viraldesign
Jun 23, 2010, 09:11 PM
time to plan our attack routes.

http://img.chrisgeiger.me/brea_mall_-_Google_Maps-20100623-191045.jpg

rookieoftheyear
Jun 23, 2010, 09:12 PM
time to plan our attack routes.

http://img.chrisgeiger.me/brea_mall_-_Google_Maps-20100623-191045.jpg

hahahahahah. I'm just going to hide in a bush and slowly advance towards the doors, hopefully evading all security.

Brien
Jun 23, 2010, 09:16 PM
If they won't let you on-site, I say just park across the street, in the Wells Fargo parking lot.

viraldesign
Jun 23, 2010, 09:17 PM
If they won't let you on-site, I say just park across the street, in the Wells Fargo parking lot.

thats the plan =).

RTiii320
Jun 23, 2010, 09:19 PM
thats the plan =).

hahaha this thread and pics is epic..

Jukes316
Jun 23, 2010, 09:29 PM
So how many people we got going tomorrow?

Fastpitchsball
Jun 23, 2010, 09:39 PM
So how many people we got going tomorrow?

I'm going, I plan to be there between 4:30am and 5am.

viraldesign
Jun 23, 2010, 09:39 PM
goin, be there around 3:30am =)

kylehayes
Jun 23, 2010, 09:42 PM
goin, be there around 3:30am =)

I'm right there with you.

skin532
Jun 23, 2010, 10:14 PM
hahahahahah. I'm just going to hide in a bush and slowly advance towards the doors, hopefully evading all security.

http://i45.tinypic.com/117xudv.jpg

amwg16
Jun 23, 2010, 10:18 PM
Got 1 reserved too... thinking bout getting there anywhere from 5 to 6am. Don't wanna get there too early. I'll b tweeting, anyone who wants updates add me and any line updates on ur side, would be appreciated. twitter:amwg16 (http://twitter.com/amwg16)

skin532
Jun 23, 2010, 10:21 PM
Got 1 reserved too... thinking bout getting there anywhere from 5 to 6am. Don't wanna get there too early. I'll b tweeting, anyone who wants updates add me and any line updates on ur side, would be appreciated. twitter:amwg16 (http://twitter.com/amwg16)

i may just do the same.... twitter: skin532 (https://twitter.com/skin532) :p

rookieoftheyear
Jun 23, 2010, 10:26 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/117xudv.jpg

Haha! Epic :D

kylehayes
Jun 23, 2010, 10:27 PM
Me too @kylehayes

viraldesign
Jun 23, 2010, 10:36 PM
ima try and post live as well, not sure where yet, but ill have my wifi available!

anidream
Jun 23, 2010, 11:14 PM
I wonder if mall security will really enforce it or not . ..

viraldesign
Jun 23, 2010, 11:17 PM
I wonder if mall security will really enforce it or not . ..

i bet so, im gonna run by around 1am (its down the street) and see how its goin. if someone goes before me, fill us in =)

anidream
Jun 23, 2010, 11:32 PM
Please fill us in too

MacRumors FTW!..

i bet so, im gonna run by around 1am (its down the street) and see how its goin. if someone goes before me, fill us in =)

viraldesign
Jun 23, 2010, 11:37 PM
you know it =)

I'll try and do a few driveby snapshots as well.

Maybe i'll go around 12am, lots of stores in the area already have 50+ people at them, there has to be a few stragglers over at brea already. I know I saw someone post earlier on this topic that he was already on his way over at 6pm PST

Please fill us in too

MacRumors FTW!..

rookieoftheyear
Jun 23, 2010, 11:44 PM
I was there are 6:30pm today and no one was waiting. I just went to the Apple store to ask them some questions.

If I swing by ill tweet:p gearbear87

you know it =)

I'll try and do a few driveby snapshots as well.

Maybe i'll go around 12am, lots of stores in the area already have 50+ people at them, there has to be a few stragglers over at brea already. I know I saw someone post earlier on this topic that he was already on his way over at 6pm PST

NoRiceForYou
Jun 24, 2010, 12:05 AM
I tried sitting outside the line already around 9:30pm, and there were about 10 other people with chairs setup. It's much worse in Cerritos, already 200+ people in line for tomorrow's Grand opening.

rookieoftheyear
Jun 24, 2010, 12:10 AM
I tried sitting outside the line already around 9:30pm, and there were about 10 other people with chairs setup. It's much worse in Cerritos, already 200+ people in line for tomorrow's Grand opening.

They wern't asked to leave!? For some reason I feel like a bunch of people are going to be there before 4!

viraldesign
Jun 24, 2010, 12:37 AM
Scary... I guess i gotta go earlier then? Or maybe security is saying **** it?

Are there lines formed like with signs or are people just chillin?

SeanZy
Jun 24, 2010, 03:36 AM
Anyone got an update on whats going on at the brea mall?

viraldesign
Jun 24, 2010, 03:39 AM
ladies and gentlemen we found our first campers across the street at my starting attack point!

I didn't get their user names, but hey, they are all macrumors users!!! wooo! macrumors!

http://i45.tinypic.com/33ym4yh.jpg

SeanZy
Jun 24, 2010, 03:40 AM
So there are not many people there yet? Are they not letting people wait outside?

viraldesign
Jun 24, 2010, 03:48 AM
There are campers across the street as people are not allowed to park their cars in the lot yet. Line starts at 4am security is all over it, they're in the parking lot driving around and they have barricades near the red robbin entrance. You can't park till around 4am, roughly 3:50am if you're lucky.

See you all at 4am! Keeping updates coming and will send updates of the line when I get into it!

Macrumors woo woo!

So there are not many people there yet? Are they not letting people wait outside?

SeanZy
Jun 24, 2010, 04:10 AM
How many people would you say are there now?

viraldesign
Jun 24, 2010, 04:18 AM
i didnt feel like going to all the camps and saying hi but i will when i go back again =p i didnt count the people.

SeanZy
Jun 24, 2010, 04:26 AM
Well an estimation would be great haha. I just wanna know if I'll be good going around 3 like I plan to

skin532
Jun 24, 2010, 04:28 AM
you all might see me ill be a tall white boy with a rockstar energy t-shirt on... see you all there im going to try and leave at 3:30 im just waiting for my girl to get up;)

viraldesign
Jun 24, 2010, 04:33 AM
Well an estimation would be great haha. I just wanna know if I'll be good going around 3 like I plan to

i dunno, 25?

there were probably 30 cars in the parking lot but im gonna guess they're all apple employees because nobody was in them.

Jukes316
Jun 24, 2010, 05:12 AM
This really sucks. I tried to bed early. Couldn't really.
I wake up at like two and couldn't go back to sleep.
Now I'm wide awake waiting til 4.

viraldesign
Jun 24, 2010, 05:14 AM
over 200+ people here.

pics:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs107.snc4/35702_465569099967_833754967_6277643_1965769_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs019.snc4/34324_465569069967_833754967_6277641_320517_n.jpg

superbad
Jun 24, 2010, 05:17 AM
QUESTION. What time do they let WALK INS people in? 10?

kylehayes
Jun 24, 2010, 05:20 AM
The line is already at the end of the old Robinsons May building.

Jukes316
Jun 24, 2010, 05:52 AM
Are you serious! Shiitttttt.

skin532
Jun 24, 2010, 05:59 AM
**** all the way to the corner it's like a 1/4 mile to the entrance fuuuuuck:eek:

josephv909
Jun 24, 2010, 06:07 AM
any estimates on the count?

kylehayes
Jun 24, 2010, 06:23 AM
I can't see the end of the line anymore since it is well wrapped around the building. Hard to say on the count. Security said at 5 they are going to start letting people in 5 at a time. They will split that 5 up into the 2 lines inside. They claim if there is a rush, they'll close the mall. I doubt that will happen either way.

viraldesign
Jun 24, 2010, 06:27 AM
happily in the 200th spot in line! :) well im not sure... were about to do a people in front of us headcount.

Jukes316
Jun 24, 2010, 06:32 AM
I'm last in line... :(

Nvm. Not no more.

viraldesign
Jun 24, 2010, 06:36 AM
we counted, we're about 220th in line. not too bad.

Jukes316
Jun 24, 2010, 06:58 AM
Someone was saying 430 people ?

josephv909
Jun 24, 2010, 07:13 AM
we counted, we're about 220th in line. not too bad.

What are you wearing? I want to know if I'm behind you or not!

kylehayes
Jun 24, 2010, 07:39 AM
Moves up quite a bit since they split out reservations

Srangel351
Jun 24, 2010, 08:25 AM
Anybody in line near the front have a head count on how many people are in line? Also is the line stretching from the store itself or just hanging out outside waiting to get in?

kylehayes
Jun 24, 2010, 08:29 AM
I would say about <100 are inside the mall for reserved.

Srangel351
Jun 24, 2010, 08:32 AM
Nice thanks for the update!!

viraldesign
Jun 24, 2010, 08:35 AM
probably the only one on a macbook .

What are you wearing? I want to know if I'm behind you or not!

viraldesign
Jun 24, 2010, 08:36 AM
my friend in the reserved line sent me this photo of inside the brea mall:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs013.snc4/34020_10150212325135587_842300586_13161869_6320456_n.jpg

Srangel351
Jun 24, 2010, 08:42 AM
Looks great I'm hoping to get outta here in two hours but I think it depends on how many people are working in the store. Hell if they wanted too they could come out to us.

kylehayes
Jun 24, 2010, 08:53 AM
Confirmed that reserved line is served first starting at 7am. Sounds like standby won't start until the mall "opens" at 10am.

Srangel351
Jun 24, 2010, 08:54 AM
Can one of you near the front ask the first people out to let you know a rough estimate of how many people are working the store? Thanks!!!

Srangel351
Jun 24, 2010, 11:07 AM
Watch out for people coming into the mall off the street and cutting in the reserved line. We think we have a cutter in front of us

cambridge1807
Jun 24, 2010, 11:49 AM
How are the lines now? Specifically for the reserved.

oghowie
Jun 24, 2010, 01:02 PM
Any word? My friend has his phone reserved there.

Jukes316
Jun 24, 2010, 01:05 PM
I'd post a vid I took from i4 but can't find out how after a quick glance lol but damn. It was crazy. Took 4+hours.
Still a long line as I was leaving. The non reserved side was only getting one person to go like every ten minutes.

oghowie
Jun 24, 2010, 01:09 PM
I'd post a vid I took from i4 but can't find out how after a quick glance lol but damn. It was crazy. Took 4+hours.
Still a long line as I was leaving. The non reserved side was only getting one person to go like every ten minutes.

So I'm assuming the reserved line is a little faster?

peterc1
Jun 24, 2010, 01:13 PM

trying to gauge the waiting time for my friend..

what time did you get there and when did you get out? thanks!

Jukes316
Jun 24, 2010, 02:06 PM
Well they said they're main priority was pre orders. So they were doing more of us.

I got there early before the store opened. So hard to really how fast it was. But I got there at 430 and got out at 9. The line was shorter when I left then when I got there.

skin532
Jun 24, 2010, 02:51 PM
well i got my iphone 4 this morning about 9 and i think every worker was there and they are working 24 hours today damnnnn talk about overtime... thanx apple:apple:

SeanZy
Jun 25, 2010, 05:33 AM
Are people lining up right now for the extras that did not get picked up?

mhuynh
Jun 25, 2010, 04:06 PM
Are people lining up right now for the extras that did not get picked up?

Security closed the line last night and Apple handed out vouchers for everyone who showed up with a reservation. Vouchers can be redeemed today.