PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis, MO (Galleria)

manjaap
Jun 7, 2010, 03:28 PM
Anyone?

Jarpo
Jun 8, 2010, 11:00 PM
Depends on what time they decide to sell it. I work less than a mile from there so it would be ideal.

Pmpman
Jun 15, 2010, 12:54 AM
Me, the girlfriend, and a couple of her friends are probably going to be getting ours there. To be honest, I am kinda hoping that it is tame and not too busy. Anyone have experience with this location and product launches in the past?

DVDxR
Jun 16, 2010, 10:46 AM
I'm going to be there picking mine up. Anyone know when they open the doors to the mall for these releases? This will be my first time in line.

DePew24
Jun 16, 2010, 08:53 PM
I'll be there bright and early on Thursday morning

jellis
Jun 18, 2010, 10:00 AM
I plan on showing up early as well. Maybe 6:30. I will stop by today and ask how they are running things.

frumpywumpy
Jun 18, 2010, 07:48 PM
i called both the Apple store and the Galleria administration and this is what they told me regarding times:

the Mall itself opens, as normal, at 6:00 AM quote "for walkers" (i guess people like to walk in the mall before the stores are open). the Mall will open all their doors at 6:00 AM.

the Apple store in the Galleria opens at 7:00 AM.

if you, like me, reserved a phone (and received a confirmation email to that effect) you may find it helpful (for your peace of mind) to call the store. when i did, they were kind enough to look through a list for my name and tell me that they have a phone reserved for me.

if you have a phone that is reserved, they confirmed that they will not sell that phone to anyone but that person on the date in the confirmation email. after the close of business one forfeits their reservation.

i am going early so as to hopefully be out of there before my work starts at 9. i hope the rest of you stay home and do not come to the store until after i have gotten mine. thank you ;)

verniesgarden
Jun 18, 2010, 08:52 PM
I have a friend that works at the west county store thats going to try to let me know on white iphone status, but is galleria typically not as hectic?

ipaddyo
Jun 19, 2010, 12:26 AM
i called both the Apple store and the Galleria administration and this is what they told me regarding times:

the Mall itself opens, as normal, at 6:00 AM quote "for walkers" (i guess people like to walk in the mall before the stores are open). the Mall will open all their doors at 6:00 AM.

the Apple store in the Galleria opens at 7:00 AM.

if you, like me, reserved a phone (and received a confirmation email to that effect) you may find it helpful (for your peace of mind) to call the store. when i did, they were kind enough to look through a list for my name and tell me that they have a phone reserved for me.

if you have a phone that is reserved, they confirmed that they will not sell that phone to anyone but that person on the date in the confirmation email. after the close of business one forfeits their reservation.

i am going early so as to hopefully be out of there before my work starts at 9. i hope the rest of you stay home and do not come to the store until after i have gotten mine. thank you ;)

Thanks for the info. I'm still trying to decide between West County and Galleria so I'm going to call them. Do you know if there will be a line outside or will it just be a mad dash at 6 to get to the Apple Store first?

ipaddyo
Jun 19, 2010, 12:29 AM
I have a friend that works at the west county store thats going to try to let me know on white iphone status, but is galleria typically not as hectic?

Would you mind asking him/her how many they have in stock? It's probably against company regulations but it'd be nice info to have. Then I can know if I need to panic or not.

jasonsmomma
Jun 19, 2010, 08:01 AM
I plan on going around 6 or 6:30. I heard they open the doors at 6:30, but nothing on which doors. I like to park in the parking garage, so does anyone know if they open those doors early or if it's just the outside doors?

Oh, I was also told that they will have two lines. One for reserved and the other for walk ups. Last year I went to Apple around 11 AM and the line was really long so I went to Best Buy (ony 3 people ahead of me). I hope the line will be better at 6:30.

verniesgarden
Jun 19, 2010, 08:52 AM
Would you mind asking him/her how many they have in stock? It's probably against company regulations but it'd be nice info to have. Then I can know if I need to panic or not.

Well i know he said he won't really be able to give me numbers and wont know till at earliest the night before or that morning.

frumpywumpy
Jun 19, 2010, 04:13 PM
does anyone know if they open those doors early or if it's just the outside doors?

from what i understood from the Apple store employee and the Galleria administration, the doors to the garage will be opened at 6:00AM

Do you know if there will be a line outside or will it just be a mad dash at 6 to get to the Apple Store first?

my impression from the Galleria administration was that they would be opening all their doors at 6:00, which meant to me, that, theoretically, there could be lines waiting outside all entrances and there could be a "mad dash" to get to the Apple Store

Oh, I was also told that they will have two lines. One for reserved and the other for walk ups

this is my understanding too, i read somewhere else that their is a kind of preference for reserved people, in terms of stock, but maybe not in terms of being served.

if you have reserved one, i recommend calling the store and confirming that you are on their list. if you are, plan to go to the store, wait in the reserved line, but don't worry about whether or not you'll get a phone. as long as you come on your reserved day, described in the confirmation email you should have received, you WILL get a phone.

geoffeg
Jun 19, 2010, 04:46 PM
I'm still debating if I should get up early, wait in a possibly long line and get mine before heading into work. Hopefully if I wait until my lunch break, the line will have died down and I can just run in and get it.

Anyone have any idea how many phones the Galleria has reserved to hand out on Thursday?

frumpywumpy
Jun 20, 2010, 07:45 AM
I'm still debating if I should get up early, wait in a possibly long line and get mine before heading into work. Hopefully if I wait until my lunch break, the line will have died down and I can just run in and get it.

Anyone have any idea how many phones the Galleria has reserved to hand out on Thursday?

if you have a reserved phone, your plan of waiting until lunch sounds good (though, there may be another round of people waiting until then too, it probably would not be as long as the initial rush when the store opens)

if you do not have a phone reserved, my guess is that by lunch the Apple store will have gone through their stock for "walk in" sales.

in that case, your next best bet would be to arrive very early on the 25th. the reason is that the Apple store will then be selling any phones that were reserved on the 24th, but whose "reservers" did not come and get the phone.

as for how many phones the Galleria "has reserved", it depends on what you meant. all reservations made through the Apple Store online during the first day it went on pre-order, where the reservation date in the confirmation email was the 24th, will be satisfied. said another way, each Apple store will receive at least the number of phones that it takes to give each person who reserved a phone, a phone. Add to that number, the number of people who actually "pre-ordered" (meaning, already paid). now we have the actual bare minimum each store should receive.

then, we're in to speculation as to how many of just "open stock" each store receives for "walk ons". my guess is that it will be a factor of their normal, and special event, traffic. based on my experience of seeing roughly 8 Apple store employees on what appeared to be a "normal" Friday night, i would say they must get a decent amount of traffic (to be able to employ that many people). So, i would guestimate they will receive 75-100 "extra" phones for normal sale.

what do the rest of you think?

geoffeg
Jun 20, 2010, 11:33 AM
I have reserved a phone, through the Apple Store app on Tuesday. I plan on calling early next week to verify that they actually have one for me.

As for the lunch thing, I'll probably just take an early or late lunch. There's a few other guys from my office that also reserved a phone at that store so we may all pile into one guy's van and head down there together.

While I am excited to get the new phone, I don't feel like getting up early or standing in a long line to do it.

Pmpman
Jun 20, 2010, 12:44 PM
My intention is to get there around midnight before the 24th.

The only caveat that I can see is the line situation for OUTSIDE the mall. I have no idea if others are intending to come as early as myself, but if you are I think it would be advantageous to perhaps pick a universal door that the line will begin from.

I think a "mad dash" to the Apple store would be terrible should it come to fruition. This isn't wal-mart, no reason everything can't be organized :)

jellis
Jun 21, 2010, 03:36 PM
I talked to a few employees and from what I have been told most of the information you guys have shared is correct. I have no idea about the transition from outside to the apple store. I can tell you that if it is a "mad dash" I will be winning.

Also, I was told that the reserved line will be processed at around a 10:1 ratio to the walk-in line. So, the reserved line should be moving much quicker.

As a suggestion, I would plan on backing up your old phones before you come. Don't be that guy that makes the employees transfer all your data and makes the rest of us wait longer.

triefy
Jun 21, 2010, 04:29 PM
Well, I went swimming yesterday with my Blackjack II, so you don't have to worry about backing up my phone. :)

I was going to destroy that phone anyway after I got the iPhone 4. It has caused me sooooo many headaches.

jellis
Jun 22, 2010, 03:21 PM
Fact 1. I was told today that they will be processing pre-orders 25:1 and not 10:1 like I had originally heard.

Fact 2. Mall security told me that they would be directing everyone who showed up early to wait at the south side entrance very far from the apple store.

Fact 3. One of these facts is not true.

Pmpman
Jun 23, 2010, 09:52 AM
Do you actually speak with the mall or no?

verniesgarden
Jun 23, 2010, 09:55 AM
I'm getting word from a friend that works at the west county store that there won't be any white iPhones, and that they may be turning everyone away that doesn't have a reservation. basically saying "queue up friday, unless you want white, then you are just boned"

jellis
Jun 23, 2010, 12:07 PM
Do you actually speak with the mall or no?

Each door opens at six. So choose wisely.

PS: Fact 2 is false.

Pmpman
Jun 23, 2010, 10:25 PM
Spoke with mall director and security. They were adamant that they wont let anyone on the property until 6 am. And the entrances they will be opening are by the Cheesecake factory and "BB's" (not really sure what she was saying).

Not sure if anyone is reading this any longer, but either way I will see everyone there shortly. I hope everything goes smoothly and we all get bitchin new phones!

jellis
Jun 23, 2010, 10:54 PM
PmpMan are you still camping out? At what entrance?

hobbbz
Jun 24, 2010, 12:17 AM
Spoke with mall director and security. They were adamant that they wont let anyone on the property until 6 am. And the entrances they will be opening are by the Cheesecake factory and "BB's" (not really sure what she was saying).

Not sure if anyone is reading this any longer, but either way I will see everyone there shortly. I hope everything goes smoothly and we all get bitchin new phones!

bebe is a store by the Cheesecake factory. Same 'zone'

frumpywumpy
Jun 24, 2010, 06:49 AM
just to update anyone who might come in after 7 am

currently, there are 2 lines. the reserved line has about 100+ people (no joke)

the walk-in line has probably double that.

they just gave us water and danishes (the danishes have 460 calories, and 35 grams of sugar, for whoever is like me and cares about that)

i arrived at roughly 5:40am, and am about 50th in the reserved line.

good luck to those who come later.

keiths
Jun 24, 2010, 08:18 AM
How's it looking there?

rjg001
Jun 24, 2010, 12:15 PM
I hope you all have lots of success picking up phones today. According to patrons of West County Mall you all smell bad, swear too much and don't know how to dress LOL

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=10216691&highlight=#post10216691

In regards to the Galeria store: I don't mean to sound snobby but the people who are at the West County store are much better to be around. It's a better area.
I waited at the galleria once and this people are not nice. They swear and smell and dress badly :(
I know that West county opens before 7 because I was in line at 6:30 for the iPad and there were several people already there. I think that they open at 6.

alhkim
Jun 24, 2010, 12:57 PM
I hope you all have lots of success picking up phones today. According to patrons of West County Mall you all smell bad, swear too much and don't know how to dress LOL

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=10216691&highlight=#post10216691

Just read that on that thread...ridiculous. Good luck Galleria people, hope you guys are staying sane. Still waiting for mine to be shipped from China (7/2 date).

triefy
Jun 24, 2010, 01:52 PM
I'm heading over there after work. I have a res, but I expect that I might not get a phone. I have heard that by the time they got the ball rolling this morning there were 1200 people waiting (reserved & non-reserved).

I know 2 of my co-workers got their iPhones - I was supposed to meet them, but I was exhausted from last night. Now, I am hearing horror stories about how many people are in the reserved line and that they have been waiting for over 2 hours.

If anyone was there for mid-day, let me know how long it took and how many people were there.

Good luck everyone!

DudeDah
Jun 25, 2010, 11:34 AM
said they had plenty. Sure beat yesterday.

MikeTheVike
Jun 25, 2010, 12:22 PM
said they had plenty. Sure beat yesterday.

hmmm, maybe I'll give them a call...

MikeTheVike
Jun 25, 2010, 12:56 PM
They must have their phone off the hook, can't get through. West County said they are sold out.

DudeDah
Jun 25, 2010, 01:48 PM
to try and get a "dropped call buster" and they still seemed to have phones. Meaning, there was still a line and I would assume no line would mean no phones.

MikeTheVike
Jun 25, 2010, 01:59 PM
to try and get a "dropped call buster" and they still seemed to have phones. Meaning, there was still a line and I would assume no line would mean no phones.

how long was the line? Sure wish those guys would pick up the phone!

DudeDah
Jun 25, 2010, 03:01 PM
both this morning when I was there and then again at lunch.

MikeTheVike
Jun 25, 2010, 03:14 PM
both this morning when I was there and then again at lunch.

Thanks, maybe they aren't picking up because they are dealing with the lines. As soon as they pick up, they will probably be sold out. I'm debating driving out there...not such a bad drive, but will probably be bad in friday rush-hour traffic

DudeDah
Jun 25, 2010, 03:33 PM
why they answered the phone at West County. Speaking of...

This was my first time doing the crazy line thing for an iPhone. I did stand with a friend for the 3Gs but the first time for myself. I have to commend the folks at the Galleria for the way they handled this launch vs. West County. Yesterday, and the aforementined time with my friend, the staff at the Galleria WAS CONSIDERATE ENOUGH, to had out line cards that correlated to an actual phone. THAT WAY, you knew whether or not you were going to get one or not. I missed by two people yesterday at the Galleria so I decided to go to West County. They said they were not handing out line cards so you had no idea if you were getting one or not. I opted out because I was waaaaaay down the line and was not going to wait for hours just to find out I missed it by two again. If there is EVER another product I decide to wait in line for, you better believe you'll find me waiting at the Galleria. SHAME ON YOU West COunty for NEEDLESSLY wasting people's time.

alhkim
Jun 26, 2010, 12:07 PM
Any word on inventory or line size today?

MikeTheVike
Jun 26, 2010, 01:02 PM
Any word on inventory or line size today?

My friend went to the West County store today around 11am and said they were sold out. I wonder if they will get more shipments in before mid July, if not, I'll just order it online to get shipped.