PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh Valley, PA (LV mall )?

zizo79
Jun 7, 2010, 04:25 PM
Hey guys,
If anyone is interested in meeting up at any AT&T or Apple store in the Lehigh Valley area, please leave a comment in here.
I am fine with either locations..

Ramphex
Jun 7, 2010, 04:33 PM
Whitehall mall, that was my second choice, I'm in the Poconos but I'd rather go to the Rockaway one in case it's a rainy day Rockaway's Apple store is indoors :-p

dleavy
Jun 9, 2010, 08:53 AM
I'll be at the lehigh valley mall store on the 24th. Looking forward to it!

zizo79
Jun 9, 2010, 10:24 AM
I'll be at the lehigh valley mall store on the 24th. Looking forward to it!

ATT store or the Apple store ?

dleavy
Jun 9, 2010, 07:30 PM
ATT store or the Apple store ?

Apple. Was there for iPad too

zizo79
Jun 10, 2010, 12:37 AM
Apple. Was there for iPad too
I was thinking ATT but why not apple....is this your first iPhone ?

dleavy
Jun 10, 2010, 04:49 PM
I was thinking ATT but why not apple....is this your first iPhone ?

I had the 2g first day (mum now has that back in the uk). Then got the 3G which I use now. Skipped the 3GS as my contract was not up until dec 09.

The 3G is soooooo slow, especially compared with the iPad (and I assume the 4g)

bbplayer5
Jun 10, 2010, 05:33 PM
Got mine at the LHV mall last year... I was first in line :p There were only like 8 people there since the Apple store is like 40 feet away. Plus only 1 mall entrance is open that early!

NateDMB
Jun 10, 2010, 06:51 PM
I'll be at the Tilghman St. AT&T store. I'd love to head over to the mall but I don't want to risk things getting screwed up because of my Premier discount as it did when I bought my 3G. Hope to see some of you there! What time are folks planning to arrive (either at Apple or AT&T)?

zizo79
Jun 10, 2010, 07:28 PM
I had the 2g first day (mum now has that back in the uk). Then got the 3G which I use now. Skipped the 3GS as my contract was not up until dec 09.

The 3G is soooooo slow, especially compared with the iPad (and I assume the 4g)
Man I am not that sure of where to go now..My wife is the primary account holder and would not be able to come along. I am debating...

zizo79
Jun 10, 2010, 07:29 PM
I'll be at the Tilghman St. AT&T store. I'd love to head over to the mall but I don't want to risk things getting screwed up because of my Premier discount as it did when I bought my 3G. Hope to see some of you there! What time are folks planning to arrive (either at Apple or AT&T)?

I was thinking about it as well because I only live like 5 minutes away from there and I also think that it wont be as packed as the store at the mall...

NateDMB
Jun 10, 2010, 07:34 PM
I was thinking about it as well because I only live like 5 minutes away from there and I also think that it wont be as packed as the store at the mall...
Sweet! I live in Fogelsville, so that's the closest for me also. What time were you thinking of getting there?

zizo79
Jun 10, 2010, 07:38 PM
Sweet! I live in Fogelsville, so that's the closest for me also. What time were you thinking of getting there?
Early in the AM but I am not sure when just because I preordered minethe last two times. I am afraid that they will ask for my wife to be present...which will ruin the whole thing. What do you think ?
I also wanted to go to ATT because I have a FAN account as well and also I do not want to loose my unlimited data plan

NateDMB
Jun 10, 2010, 07:43 PM
Early in the AM but I am not sure when just because I preordered minethe last two times. I am afraid that they will ask for my wife to be present...which will ruin the whole thing. What do you think ?
I also wanted to go to ATT because I have a FAN account as well and also I do not want to loose my unlimited data plan

You can login to your online account and put your name in to make changes on the account at retail stores. You just login go to "My Profile", scroll all the way down, and add your name. Should take care of it.

zizo79
Jun 10, 2010, 07:45 PM
You can login to your online account and put your name in to make changes on the account at retail stores. You just login go to "My Profile", scroll all the waay down, and add your name. Should take care of it.
My name is actually in there, I thought that did not matter. Are you going to preorder it and pick it up at the store ?

NateDMB
Jun 10, 2010, 07:54 PM
My name is actually in there, I thought that did not matter. Are you going to preorder it and pick it up at the store ?

I'm going to the store with no preorder. I heard that preorders won't arrive until the 25th and I'm way to impatient for that. Haha! :p

Worst case, I'll go down the street to Radio Shack if there's no luck at AT&T. With all the various stores carrying it this launch, I doubt everybody will be out early in the day.

zizo79
Jun 10, 2010, 08:25 PM
Let's say I preorder it for a store pick up, are they really going to have them on Friday the latest ? or Friday is the date the store will be getting them ?

NateDMB
Jun 10, 2010, 10:06 PM
Let's say I preorder it for a store pick up, are they really going to have them on Friday the latest ? or Friday is the date the store will be getting them ?

Not sure. I'm now hearing that there shouldn't be issues with corporate discounts at the Apple store. I may head over there for the experience.

zizo79
Jun 10, 2010, 10:20 PM
Not sure. I'm now hearing that there shouldn't be issues with corporate discounts at the Apple store. I may head over there for the experience.

Maybe we can all meet at the Apple store ? Dleavy as well?

dleavy
Jun 11, 2010, 02:44 PM
Maybe we can all meet at the Apple store ? Dleavy as well?

I'll be at apple still :)

zizo79
Jun 11, 2010, 02:46 PM
I'll be at apple still :)

Are you going to preorder the iPhone?

dleavy
Jun 11, 2010, 04:33 PM
Are you going to preorder the iPhone?

I am, even with Friday rumors(?). I'll be there early Thursday, if I get, then I won't get the pre order on Friday...

zizo79
Jun 11, 2010, 04:40 PM
I am, even with Friday rumors(?). I'll be there early Thursday, if I get, then I won't get the pre order on Friday...

Are you saying that if I preorder the iPhone I won't get it thursday ?

dleavy
Jun 12, 2010, 01:08 PM
Are you saying that if I preorder the iPhone I won't get it thursday ?

I really doubt it, but there's a thread talking about AT&T not having pre-orders until Friday 25th... Don't see how this can be at apple but who knows... Guess we find out Tuesday. Either way I'm preordering, and will be there Thursday. Already have day off work

zizo79
Jun 12, 2010, 02:42 PM
I really doubt it, but there's a thread talking about AT&T not having pre-orders until Friday 25th... Don't see how this can be at apple but who knows... Guess we find out Tuesday. Either way I'm preordering, and will be there Thursday. Already have day off work
okay, I am with you !! Apple store, right? I hope they won't mess up my data plan. Do you have a FAN account ? When will you be there ?

NateDMB
Jun 13, 2010, 11:48 AM
okay, I am with you !! Apple store, right? I hope they won't mess up my data plan. Do you have a FAN account ? When will you be there ?

I'll be there too! I'm not preordering though. I figure with 4 different retailers carrying iPhone 4, all within 5 minutes of each other, there's no way it sells out everywhere immediately. I'm planning on getting there around 5ish. Not sure what time Apple is opening up though.

zizo79
Jun 13, 2010, 12:45 PM
I'll be there too! I'm not preordering though. I figure with 4 different retailers carrying iPhone 4, all within 5 minutes of each other, there's no way it sells out everywhere immediately. I'm planning on getting there around 5ish. Not sure what time Apple is opening up though.

See you there then...I just hope that Apple wont mess up my unlimited data plan lol

zizo79
Jun 13, 2010, 09:01 PM
So are we all meeting at the Apple store at the Lehigh valley mall on June 24th ? I will probably be there around 4:30 AM...

dleavy
Jun 14, 2010, 09:05 AM
I'm not sure what time yet - AT&T store is starting at 7am for first come first serve (not preorders). I'll likely do 4:30-5am too

Apple had free coffee for early morning iPad peeps, but I will probably pick one up so I don't drive there asleep!

zizo79
Jun 14, 2010, 04:02 PM
I'm not sure what time yet - AT&T store is starting at 7am for first come first serve (not preorders). I'll likely do 4:30-5am too

Apple had free coffee for early morning iPad peeps, but I will probably pick one up so I don't drive there asleep!
I am definitely going with Apple and I will be reserving mine tomorrow! I will probably be there at 4:30 AM..We will give each other details the night before ?
Maybe NateDMB will join us there too...

zizo79
Jun 14, 2010, 05:28 PM
I would like to apologize, I wont be able to come during launch day because of stuff that just came up right now...Man I am so disappointed !

NateDMB
Jun 14, 2010, 10:09 PM
I would like to apologize, I wont be able to come during launch day because of stuff that just came up right now...Man I am so disappointed !

So sorry to hear that. :( I think I've heard enough that says I'm safe to preorder with a corporate discount. So I'm planning on doing that and arriving around 5am. See y'all there!

zizo79
Jun 14, 2010, 10:12 PM
So sorry to hear that. :( I think I've heard enough that says I'm safe to preorder with a corporate discount. So I'm planning on doing that and arriving around 5am. See y'all there!

Apple reps are so much knowledgeable than the AT&T ones. I am going to place an online order later on...:mad:

NateDMB
Jun 15, 2010, 10:15 AM
Well after about 50 attempts, I was finally able to reserve my iPhone for in-store pick up. I'll see any and all bright and early on the 24th at the Apple Store. I'll try and remember to post what I'm wearing so you can pick me out.

smitty97
Jun 16, 2010, 08:48 AM
reserved for the 24th! :) hope there's coffee.

timmypv15
Jun 16, 2010, 09:17 AM
Made a Reservation, but that doesn't guarantee right? I live pretty far away and won't be able to make it there first thing in the morning, and it will have been gone by then most likely.

NateDMB
Jun 16, 2010, 10:03 AM
Made a Reservation, but that doesn't guarantee right? I live pretty far away and won't be able to make it there first thing in the morning, and it will have been gone by then most likely.

Apple "claims" that your reservation will be held for the whole day, but I would suggest getting there as early as you can.

timmypv15
Jun 16, 2010, 10:37 AM
I've only ever purchased from AT&T for previous iPhones, so Apple will be new. Will they let you upgrade another line on the account if the account isn't in your name? I'm an authorized user, but I wasn't sure if that was just AT&T that will honor that.

NateDMB
Jun 16, 2010, 11:00 AM
I've only ever purchased from AT&T for previous iPhones, so Apple will be new. Will they let you upgrade another line on the account if the account isn't in your name? I'm an authorized user, but I wasn't sure if that was just AT&T that will honor that.

I've heard rumors that you have to be the account holder in order to pick it up. But who knows. You're best bet is to call the store and check. 610-266-4860

timmypv15
Jun 16, 2010, 03:46 PM
Was anyone here at the LV Apple store last year, or the year before for the 3G? I'm about a 3 hour drive, wondering if I get there at 9 or 10 whether I'd be in good shape.

NateDMB
Jun 16, 2010, 04:36 PM
Was anyone here at the LV Apple store last year, or the year before for the 3G? I'm about a 3 hour drive, wondering if I get there at 9 or 10 whether I'd be in good shape.

I wasn't there before for any launches since I have a corporate discount that they couldn't handle before. But I did get me 3G there about two weeks after launch and there was still a line. Since the store opens at 7, you will be stuck in a line but as long as you reserved and have the patience, you should be fine. I'm getting there around 5 and fully expect not to be the first one there.

b3george
Jun 16, 2010, 06:37 PM
I'll be there but not until about 4pm. :(

Does anyone know (first hand knowledge) if you can pick up your preorder if you are not the primary account holder on the at&t account? I am getting conflicting information from various sites and I tried calling the store several times today but the line was always busy.

I'd like to come earlier but it's a family plan and my mother can't get off work until 3.

I hope I still have a reserved phone available when i get there.

TigerWoodsIV
Jun 18, 2010, 06:49 PM
So I'll be at the Apple store sometime early. I saw one post saying 4:30am, but anyone else know what time they're getting there. I'm not sure when I should show up...

Kenn Marks
Jun 21, 2010, 07:22 AM
So I'll be at the Apple store sometime early. I saw one post saying 4:30am, but anyone else know what time they're getting there. I'm not sure when I should show up...

Just received my Fathers Day Apple iPhone Gift Card today so I'm heading up to LV Mall on Thursday morning to get one of the non reserved iPhone 4's. Knew I was getting the gift card but couldn't pre-order without actually having the gift-card in hand to enter the card number on checkout so I have to wait in line and hope I'm early enough to get one on the first day. Since it's an Apple Gift card it can only be redeemed at an Apple Store and not any of my local iPhone resellers. So see you in line so keep your eyes open for the older gentleman with the Apple Belt Buckle and Apple Mission Impossible T-Shirt.

syouse
Jun 21, 2010, 08:00 AM
I will be at the LV Apple Store, I am reserved but will be there early anyway. I might scope things out late on the 23rd, if the line is already forming I might just stay. If not, I'm gonna shoot for 4am.

Also, I you are worried about Apple not being able to handle your FAN Acct. or loosing the unlimited data I just purchased a 3Gs (Which is getting returned on the 24th) and had no problems at the Apple Store. But anything could happen on launch day!!

Good luck

TigerWoodsIV
Jun 21, 2010, 08:42 AM
Just received my Fathers Day Apple iPhone Gift Card today so I'm heading up to LV Mall on Thursday morning to get one of the non reserved iPhone 4's. Knew I was getting the gift card but couldn't pre-order without actually having the gift-card in hand to enter the card number on checkout so I have to wait in line and hope I'm early enough to get one on the first day. Since it's an Apple Gift card it can only be redeemed at an Apple Store and not any of my local iPhone resellers. So see you in line so keep your eyes open for the older gentleman with the Apple Belt Buckle and Apple Mission Impossible T-Shirt.

Nice apparel. I'll probably be the bum wearing all sweats with a Lehigh sweatshirt trying to sleep lol. Not a big morning person but i have so much to do that day i have to get it early. There better not be a line forming the night before. Its just the lehigh valley not NYC or something ill be so mad if 4 am isn't like really close to the front of the line. The iPad line wasn't too bad and i only got there like 30 mins early, hopefully this isn't THAT much worse.

NateDMB
Jun 21, 2010, 09:02 AM
Hey all, I'll be there early. I reserved one but I'm still shooting for 5am just because I'd like to be out of there somewhat early. As for the FAN discount, from what I'm hearing - if you were able to reserve without a problem on apple.com, you shouldn't have any issues in store. You plan should stay the same also. See you guys bright and early!

RedburnIV
Jun 21, 2010, 09:15 AM
Hey guys, just joined the forum, and I'm pretty pumped about the release on Thursday. I didn't get a chance to preorder the phone last Tuesday but I was wondering what the chances are of getting a phone on Thursday without a preorder? It seems that any non apple store would have a little stock but do any of you guys expect a huge hype at the apple store in the LV mall?? What about all the other stores that are selling it? Any one else worried about not getting one Thursday?? I hope you'll excuse my ignorance over the apple hype. This is my first iphone and I'm incredibly anxious and impatient. haha It just seems that out of everything I read in the paper my chances of getting a phone on release day are very very slim. :( BTW I'll probably be out at the mall around 4:30-5. Look for a rather tall guy (6'4) with long hair and a beard haha you can't miss me.

smitty97
Jun 21, 2010, 09:17 AM
FYI, I went there Saturday for a FW800/400 Cable (because 10.6.4 borked my wife's computer, needed to Combo Update from my iMac).... anyway, one of the blueshirts said they have to come in at 5am.

b3george
Jun 22, 2010, 08:00 PM
I'm leaving home around 5-5:30 to get there around 6. After I get the phone at Apple I'm heading over to AT&T to swap it over to another line (family plan).

Can't wait for a fun day of waiting in line. :rolleyes:

timmypv15
Jun 22, 2010, 09:35 PM
I have a reservation here, but I live about 3 hours away, so the plan was to hit AT&T stores early and if I was SOL there, just make the trip. But it looks like I'll be down there with everyone. Probably won't make it in time for the doors to open.

What do you guys think the line will be like at around 10AM?

gdjsnyder
Jun 23, 2010, 12:00 PM
Just so everyone going to the Lehigh valley apple store knows, I spoke with a sales rep yesterday and she told me mall security is not allowing a line before 6am. I have no clue if this also means you can't park in the complex, she didn't elaborate. I'd call and ask if you plan on showing up early.

b3george
Jun 23, 2010, 12:21 PM
Just so everyone going to the Lehigh valley apple store knows, I spoke with a sales rep yesterday and she told me mall security is not allowing a line before 6am. I have no clue if this also means you can't park in the complex, she didn't elaborate. I'd call and ask if you plan on showing up early.

Thanks. Good to know.

nerdsmcgee
Jun 23, 2010, 01:06 PM
Any news on the security front?

nerdsmcgee
Jun 23, 2010, 02:14 PM
Just spoke with Customer Service at the mall, and 6am is correct. Mall security is kicking anyone else out before then.

Kenn Marks
Jun 23, 2010, 08:17 PM
Just spoke with Customer Service at the mall, and 6am is correct. Mall security is kicking anyone else out before then.
http://g.media.macrumorslive.com/f/smilies/mad.gif
It looks if the Lehigh Valley could be put on the National Scene yet again. Restricting throngs of avid iPhone 4 customers from fulfilling their destiny and being the first to own one of Apple's new devices. I've passed this thread on to WFMZ Channel 69 News in hopes they might want to report on the pre 6AM excitement at the Mall. I'm still planning on being there between 4:30 and 5 and have added to my aforementioned wardrobe by adding a vintage Apple Red baseball cap. So make sure your old iPhone has room left and you have email addresses and bookmarks to your favorite Apple Blog site to pass along pictures and videos of our meetup. http://g.media.macrumorslive.com/f/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Eraeradrums
Jun 23, 2010, 09:01 PM
So mall security and apple say line starts at six but we get to park an hour early, anyone staying up wanna hang out until then? I don't know the area well, so I'm at the 24 hour wal mart a little down the street from the mall. Wondering if anyone knows a 24 hour coffee shop around Lehigh Valley Mall.

Thanks! Email me at eraeradrums@gmail.com if you are waiting like me and staying up. Good luck to all! :cool:

dleavy
Jun 23, 2010, 09:23 PM
So mall security and apple say line starts at six but we get to park an hour early

Do you mean we can park outside apple at 5am without being removed by security? Or still 6am for parking as well as queuing?

zizo79
Jun 23, 2010, 09:33 PM
Hey guys,
I thought I would let you know that there were 4 teenagers outside of Apple tonight at 8:55 PM with folding chairs and other stuff...
I bet there will be more people by now..Good luck

Eraeradrums
Jun 23, 2010, 10:02 PM
Last I checked, they told me the lines start at six and you can park at five but now someone just said people are already in line?:confused:
Can anyone confirm if there are people waiting? Wheni talked to mall security,they said they are kicking everyone off the mall premises and putting up road blocks until the hour before the line starts!
I'm now at the 24 hour drive through mcdonalds, but their lobby closes at midnight :(
Lol, anyone know what to do, where to go until then? Email me at eraeradrums@gmail.com !
Thanks! P.s. The head of security also I formed me when lines start, lawn chairs and such are prohibited, so you have to stand! Ughh

timmypv15
Jun 23, 2010, 10:14 PM
Last I checked, they told me the lines start at six and you can park at five but now someone just said people are already in line?:confused:
Can anyone confirm if there are people waiting? Wheni talked to mall security,they said they are kicking everyone off the mall premises and putting up road blocks until the hour before the line starts!
I'm now at the 24 hour drive through mcdonalds, but their lobby closes at midnight :(
Lol, anyone know what to do, where to go until then? Email me at eraeradrums@gmail.com !
Thanks! P.s. The head of security also I formed me when lines start, lawn chairs and such are prohibited, so you have to stand! Ughh

do you have a reservation?

Eraeradrums
Jun 23, 2010, 10:20 PM
Nope, lol. And believe me, I tried :(
How about you?

timmypv15
Jun 23, 2010, 10:24 PM
I was able to snag one with the apple store app, got 2 email confirmations and it still shows in the app so hopefully its there.

I wonder what the reservation line will be like.

Eraeradrums
Jun 23, 2010, 10:27 PM
Cool, grats. They probAbly won't be too bad, if you get here whe. The parkingopensup you'll be fine. Non reservations on the other hand, I have no idea...

Any update on people wait gout side? So done said four kids were waiting, but apple and mall security said ey are kicking everyone out until the lines start around six. I'd hate to be twiddling my thumbs waiting at wal mart and mcdonalds while there really is a line forming...

Edit, hey Timmy, I saw your post above and that you won't get here until later. I think you'll still be fine. They will hold your reservation for however long your email says, probably 24 hours.

timmypv15
Jun 23, 2010, 10:30 PM
are you familiar with the store? its not actually in the mall, its right next to it.
you could drive by and see what it's like without too much hassle as the road into the mall goes right by it.

as it is in a someone "separated" parking lot i'd imagine they have been kicked out

Eraeradrums
Jun 23, 2010, 10:33 PM
Rigght, well whe I talked to the security guy he said he's putting road blocks up around the entire mall roads...
It was still an ambiguous conversation... So it might be just that section whe apple is that you speak of. Ha, maybe I'll try driving there now to see if they really blocked it all off or just the apple store circle part.

timmypv15
Jun 23, 2010, 10:33 PM
Edit, hey Timmy, I saw your post above and that you won't get here until later. I think you'll still be fine. They will hold your reservation for however long your email says, probably 24 hours.

I actually made it down, so I'm in the valley now. I'll be there bright and early tomorrow hopefully (before that damn heat hits)

Eraeradrums
Jun 23, 2010, 10:38 PM
Oh cool, I'm here too. But hanging out at a mcdonalds until they close at 12,
Lol anyone know anywhere else to get wifi access past midnight? O.o

timmypv15
Jun 23, 2010, 10:40 PM
Oh cool, I'm here too. But hanging out at a mcdonalds until they close at 12,
Lol anyone know anywhere else to get wifi access past midnight? O.o

The Wegmans on 512 ( Bath Pike) is 24/7.

22E to 512 (the exit sign for Moravian College) then right off the exit, you'll see the wegmans sign. if you pass panera you went the wrong way.

edit: and it's super easy to jump back on 22W to the mall, the mcarther rd exit

Eraeradrums
Jun 23, 2010, 10:41 PM
Awesome, thanks for the tip Timmy, is that where you're at?

timmypv15
Jun 23, 2010, 10:45 PM
haha, nah i'm at a hotel
i'll probably see you tomorrow!

Eraeradrums
Jun 23, 2010, 10:47 PM
Haha smart, okay see you later In the morning.

pearboss
Jun 24, 2010, 12:45 AM
Im heading down to the apple store in about an hour from the scranton area.

akal575
Jun 24, 2010, 12:50 AM
I'm outside the mall right now, don't even try to park anywhere in or around the mall the security guard is a major doucher who takes his Job way to seriously.

He told us that if he saw us on the mall property again we "wouldn't get our iPhones"

pearboss
Jun 24, 2010, 12:54 AM
I'm outside the mall right now, don't even try to park anywhere in or around the mall the security guard is a major doucher who takes his Job way to seriously.

He told us that if he saw us on the mall property again we "wouldn't get our iPhones"

wow, this should be fun. I guess Ill steer clear of there until 5 then. Anywhere close with wifi so i can get the ipad going. Btw do you have a pre order

Eraeradrums
Jun 24, 2010, 12:55 AM
LOL,
I'm hanging set the new city view diner further along the road the main mall entrance comes from. It's the nearest place open as far as I know.

Did they close off the entire mall area from the main entrance, or just that small parking lot where apple is?

pearboss
Jun 24, 2010, 12:56 AM
LOL,
I'm hanging set the new city view diner further along the road the main mall entrance comes from. It's the nearest place open as far as I know.

Did they close off the entire mall area from the main entrance, or just that small parking lot where apple is?

Im probably going to go there. What time can we line up to park because I dont have a pre order and I need to be in the front of the line :D

Eraeradrums
Jun 24, 2010, 01:01 AM
Yeah same here, been waiting a while for this day, lol. vie heard different things about parking. apple said six but security said five, way to go on communicating with each other, lol. Security is running things so I'd go with what they said.

pearboss
Jun 24, 2010, 01:04 AM
Yeah same here, been waiting a while for this day, lol. vie heard different things about parking. apple said six but security said five, way to go on communicating with each other, lol. Security is running things so I'd go with what they said.

Im glad im not the only one hoping to get one as a walk in haha. Im going with 5. They must hate this **** with a passion.

alanisrox69
Jun 24, 2010, 01:09 AM

That sucks lol.

I guess I'm good to go then, planned on leaving my house around 545 to get there for 6...hopefully it's a smooth in and out procedure where I just give them my email and swipe my CC.

When I went to buy 2 iPads (way after launch), they wanted to know my name, tell me their's, tell me about the iPad, offer me accessories. I was like stop stop stop! 2 iPad's in a bag, here's my CC. lolol. I don't want to know your name, I don't want accessories. I'm already sold on 2 iPads, put them in a bag, and swipe my credit card. lol.

pearboss
Jun 24, 2010, 01:21 AM
Im glad this is one of the less popular threads :cool:

Eraeradrums
Jun 24, 2010, 01:25 AM
Hey just to give you a heads up alanisrox, if you don't haeve a reservation, getting thee at six might be too late. I heard the lines start at five, but if you have a reserve then You'll get it whenever you want.

alanisrox69
Jun 24, 2010, 01:27 AM
Hey just to give you a heads up alanisrox, if you don't haeve a reservation, getting thee at six might be too late. I heard the lines start at five, but if you have a reserve then You'll get it whenever you want.

Of course I have a reserve :)

I was probably the first reserve that was verified. Got thru at 442am or so when ATT stopped failing the process.

Eraeradrums
Jun 24, 2010, 01:35 AM
Lucky, I went from 4am to noon watching AT&T trying to verify, then again the entire night, and the next day...
Never got through.

alanisrox69
Jun 24, 2010, 01:57 AM
Lucky, I went from 4am to noon watching AT&T trying to verify, then again the entire night, and the next day...
Never got through.

Wow, that long? lol

Worked straight away here once Apple was off the "oops" page about 40mins into the preorders. got my email seconds after getting the confirmation on the page.

PS. If watched the circle spinning for longer than 2mins the session timed out. I just opened a crap load of tabs in multiple browsers til one finally got me to the 'Reserve' screen and selected the store. (I also did it on a PC using IE/FireFail -- I think Safari wasn't even working at all. lol)

Eraeradrums
Jun 24, 2010, 02:00 AM
I have had bad luck with cell phones, my current one has been broken for almost two years now. Hopefully tonight I will have good luck:cool:

Though I know some apple reps said they tried for ten hours too with no luck, if you're one of the 600,000 that got through, consider yourself lucky.

Eraeradrums
Jun 24, 2010, 02:58 AM
Forget wbout it, there's at least a hundred plus here already. The security really botched tins up, people are slamming into each other, it's really ugly here

timmypv15
Jun 24, 2010, 03:38 AM
They are letting people line up now?? How is the reserve line?

dleavy
Jun 24, 2010, 03:52 AM
They are letting people line up now?? How is the reserve line?

Yep lots here. Maybe 30 in reserve

timmypv15
Jun 24, 2010, 03:56 AM
how about walk in? i'm heading over now for a reserve.

dleavy
Jun 24, 2010, 04:00 AM
how about walk in? i'm heading over now for a reserve.

Looks to be more than 100. Not sure if all will get

Kenn Marks
Jun 24, 2010, 04:05 AM
Yep lots here. Maybe 30 in reserve

No Reserve just my Fathers s day gift card and my Apple Mission Impossible shirt. Comingup 22 now should be there by 5. Here now about 150 in the to be purchased line and probably 75 in the reserve line but who needs to be early if you know you are getting one.

element96x
Jun 24, 2010, 04:14 AM
I'm 10th in line the guy said he can't tell us how many they have but I asked for piece of mind if were safe and he said yeah and then I asked about down the line and he said not so much. Sorry guys gl back there lol

tytanic11
Jun 24, 2010, 04:18 AM
If anyone's planning on doing the walkup line here, I'd forget it - it looks like about 200 people now. Reservation line is still relatively short.

pearboss
Jun 24, 2010, 04:20 AM
I'm about 100th in line.

pearboss
Jun 24, 2010, 04:20 AM
They said they will tell us if we are good or not at 7am

Kenn Marks
Jun 24, 2010, 04:40 AM
They said they will tell us if we are good or not at 7am

I guess getting here at 5 wasn't sufficient here it is 5:40 and back about 130 in the purchase line and 30 people have arrived since my arrival at 5:10. Apple employees bringing water and granola bars

tytanic11
Jun 24, 2010, 05:39 AM
Apple store employee just told some guy that getting in the walkup line now he'd have a chance at getting a phone, 'from what she'd heard'. I'm estimating over 300 people in line at this point.

Kenn Marks
Jun 24, 2010, 05:51 AM
Apple store employee just told some guy that getting in the walkup line now he'd have a chance at getting a phone, 'from what she'd heard'. I'm estimating over 300 people in line at this point.

The security guard just finished a walkin count at 6:50 and said there were 283 in the line he just finished counting. So if they have 300 walkin units we are all good to go.

zizo79
Jun 24, 2010, 06:00 AM
Good luck guys... Please post some pictures

syouse
Jun 24, 2010, 07:45 AM
I am glad I didn't take the Apple store employee's word on the line situation (6am yeah right). Got there about 4:45am non reserved line was already 100 + deep, reserved line about 30ppl. Activation was smooth, was out the door with new phone by 7:30. When I left lines (both) were stretched around each corner of the outdoor area.

Side Note: Those mall security guards are clowns. They wouldn't let anyone sit on a chair. There was an older lady with what I think was a disabled younger guy, and they made her stand or sit on the ground. I think I need to talk to the head of security there and politely ask them to maybe review their SOP.

zizo79
Jun 24, 2010, 07:48 AM
I am glad I didn't take the Apple store employee's word on the line situation (6am yeah right). Got there about 4:45am non reserved line was already 100 + deep, reserved line about 30ppl. Activation was smooth, was out the door with new phone by 7:30. When I left lines (both) were stretched around each corner of the outdoor area.

Side Note: Those mall security guards are clowns. They wouldn't let anyone sit on a chair. There was an older lady with what I think was a disabled younger guy, and they made her stand or sit on the ground. I think I need to talk to the head of security there and politely ask them to maybe review their SOP.

Did they have any white one ? and did you see if they had any decent cases such as the candyshell ?

syouse
Jun 24, 2010, 07:56 AM
Did they have any white one ? and did you see if they had any decent cases such as the candyshell ?

I don't think they had any white phones, I didn't ask but the guy who checked me out said he is waiting for one so chances are they don't. No decent cases only thing they had available were black bumpers.

timmypv15
Jun 24, 2010, 08:05 AM
Nope, no cases only bumpers.

I was originally a bumper hater, but I caved, it looks damn good too!

I was in and out, very easy!

Kenn Marks
Jun 24, 2010, 08:09 AM
Good luck guys... Please post some pictures

You want pictures well here is the last guy and last plus 1 at the LVM STORE I'm last plus 2

sorry can't paste from my photo library to this forum from my iPhone will add when I get back to my laptop

alanisrox69
Jun 24, 2010, 08:22 AM
Forget wbout it, there's at least a hundred plus here already. The security really botched tins up, people are slamming into each other, it's really ugly here

Not really. Already home with my iPhone.

The line was civilized....

Kenn Marks
Jun 24, 2010, 08:52 AM
Not really. Already home with my iPhone.

The line was civilized....

An Apple employee just came by and reported an additional shipment and extended the end of the line about 30 more people so I'm in I'm glad I waited.

alanisrox69
Jun 24, 2010, 09:12 AM
An Apple employee just came by and reported an additional shipment and extended the end of the line about 30 more people so I'm in I'm glad I waited.

Not really, some people had more than 1 iPhone reserved, but only picked up 1. Like the guy in front of me. He had ordered 1 to be delivered, but also reserved 2 just in case the 1 he ordered to be delivered didn't come/etcetc. So he just picked up 1 phone for him (I guess the other was his wifes)...opening up that 2nd reserved phone for someone else.

pearboss
Jun 24, 2010, 09:20 AM
I'm about 20 feet from the door now

smitty97
Jun 24, 2010, 10:28 AM
my photo from ~8am. preorder line. walk-in line went around the bend at the left side of the pic, it barely moved while i was there. Doing 1 for every 10 preorder.

new iphone is sooo snappier!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs041.ash2/35408_403649606308_588166308_4512761_764382_n.jpg

b3george
Jun 24, 2010, 10:48 AM
Here are some pictures from around 10:30am.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/b3george/sets/72157624347979108/show/

I got there around 6:30 and got my phone at about 9. Then I went over to AT&T to swap lines.

Trouser Cough
Jun 24, 2010, 12:42 PM
Sooooo glad I decided not to camp this morning at 2am. Would have been fun though :)

I'll try tomorrow maybe AM, once they release the reserved phones. if not, I'll probably have to wait till the next shipment comes in.

pearboss
Jun 24, 2010, 03:31 PM
Got my 16gb!!

Kenn Marks
Jun 24, 2010, 04:40 PM
Got my 16gb!!

Got my 16GB also at about 3:19 then took almost an hour to backup and restore data from my Gen 1 iPhone. They were all out of cases so on my way home I stopped at vote the AT&T store and Best Buy but they also had no iPhone 4 Cases. Best Buy in Quakertown did have ONE 16Gb iPhone 4 left for retail sale.

Trouser Cough
Jun 24, 2010, 05:26 PM
any word on stock at the LV? are they sending walkups home?

RedburnIV
Jun 28, 2010, 01:29 PM
No luck with Apple's stock. Called yesterday about any word on stock or new shipment and I was just put on the Priority list. Anyone want to meet up at ATT off Tighlman tomorrow morning??

sofakng
Jun 30, 2010, 01:15 PM
I just called and they said they have no idea when they are getting more.

sigh.

gdjsnyder
Jun 30, 2010, 07:46 PM
I just called and they said they have no idea when they are getting more.

sigh.

Ehhh, take what they say with a grain of salt. I called Lehigh at 8:53PM on Thursday (the 24th) and I spoke with an employee and my question was would they have ANY, even one, available the next morning from reservations not being picked up. The employees response? Every single iPhone 4 is now gone, all reservations have been picked up, we will have no stock tomorrow morning. Went down anyway, was second in line of about 40-50 people. Every one got one, from the reservations that weren't picked up.

Take what they say with a grain of salt, is all I advise.

sofakng
Jun 30, 2010, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the information.

I'm a little over an hour drive from the store and I would need to take off work to make it down there but for me it's not worth it unless I know I had a fairly good chance of getting one.

Some folks are reporting that the AT&T store is shipping phones out within a day or two so I think I'm going to take my chances that way. Hopefully it doesn't take the full two or three weeks though :(