PDA

View Full Version : Bergen County, NJ

vmagg88
Jun 7, 2010, 05:14 PM
It's either going to be the Garden State Plaza in Paramus or Tice's Corner in Montvale for me. I prefer to do the launches at Tice's Corner so I do not have to deal with other people in the mall.

Will be there as early as I have to be; I remember camping out and cooking for the 3G release, it was a blast!

Anyone else?

vmagg88
Jun 9, 2010, 04:49 PM
Well, Ladies and Gents, I just spoke to my cousin, and 3 of our friends, we will definitely be camping out. We will most likely bring our grill, and get supplies from the A&P grocery store that is located across the street. Hopefully there is great weather and a great time will be had by all.

Just in case though, I will be bringing our patio umbrella. Some say this is overboard, I say it is a good time.

GooGleit15
Jun 13, 2010, 08:22 PM
is the garden state mall open 24/7?

bigjnyc
Jun 13, 2010, 09:21 PM
Well, Ladies and Gents, I just spoke to my cousin, and 3 of our friends, we will definitely be camping out. We will most likely bring our grill, and get supplies from the A&P grocery store that is located across the street. Hopefully there is great weather and a great time will be had by all.

Just in case though, I will be bringing our patio umbrella. Some say this is overboard, I say it is a geeks time.
:D

zizo79
Jun 13, 2010, 09:26 PM

Just in case though, I will be bringing our patio umbrella. Some say this is overboard, I say it is a good time.
I wish I lived by Bergen county lol ...I used to though !!:D

bob5820
Jun 14, 2010, 04:48 AM
I wish I lived by Bergen county lol ...I used to though !!:D
I used to live there myself, back when Tice's was still a farm

vmagg88
Jun 14, 2010, 12:35 PM
is the garden state mall open 24/7?

No, unfortunately it is not. They do open the doors up really early though so that people can walk around. I went to the mall for the original iPhone launch and it was not that good of an experience. I was the first one there, and after time, security had us move the line about 3 times and I wound up being 15th. I was not a happy camper. Since then, I just went to Tice's Corner so I didn't have to deal with security. Plus, I feel people at Tice's corner are much more mature and respectable then the mall crowd.

vmagg88
Jun 14, 2010, 12:36 PM

I have heard great things about that farm (stories from people). But I am only 21 and do not remember much at all haha. Although I believe I do remember going there for a haunted hay ride for Halloween. Does that sound right? Did they do that there?

PoitNarf
Jun 14, 2010, 06:25 PM

Mmmm, they had the best fresh donuts and apple cider.

alansmallen
Jun 14, 2010, 07:52 PM
I'm thinking about pre-ordering it and showing up at noon to pick it up. Hopefully line won't be bad.

puppyflightclub
Jun 14, 2010, 07:53 PM
eff bergen county.

FREE MAX B.

vmagg88
Jun 15, 2010, 06:19 PM
Now that "some" people have gotten their reservations, who is picking up at Tice's Corner or the Garden State Plaza?

alansmallen
Jun 15, 2010, 07:31 PM
Now that "some" people have gotten their reservations, who is picking up at Tice's Corner or the Garden State Plaza?

GSP

Jellibean
Jun 17, 2010, 12:07 PM
I'll probably be camping out at GSP, unless I hear others say that Tice's is better, I've never been there myself. Was hoping to get a reservation so I wouldn't have to do this, but after a day of trying, no luck. I actually had one and AT&T cancelled it. anyway, I can't even rehash it because it's too frustrating. Just wondering what people do when they have to use the restroom?? think I'll be going alone. are others nice and will hold your spot? this is all very new to me so would love any tips!! also for those going to GSP, any idea which entrance to use? do you just wait outside the entrance until the mall opens? GSP security told me that the mall will open at 6.

vmagg88
Jun 17, 2010, 06:14 PM
I'll probably be camping out at GSP, unless I hear others say that Tice's is better, I've never been there myself. Was hoping to get a reservation so I wouldn't have to do this, but after a day of trying, no luck. I actually had one and AT&T cancelled it. anyway, I can't even rehash it because it's too frustrating. Just wondering what people do when they have to use the restroom?? think I'll be going alone. are others nice and will hold your spot? this is all very new to me so would love any tips!! also for those going to GSP, any idea which entrance to use? do you just wait outside the entrance until the mall opens? GSP security told me that the mall will open at 6.

Well, I have some advise for you. I went to GSP for the first iPhone launch. I HATED it! But then again, thats just me. I found a much better experience at the Tice's Corner Apple Store. ALL the people waiting in line were awesome and we all had a blast. We would hold each others spots in line for bathroom or food breaks. There is a Panera right across along with an A&P food store. We all pitched in and bought food and drinks. If you want to be inside, then go to GSP, but I am personally not a fan of the "mall crowd." I also lost my spot several times at GSP because security had us move the line so many times and it was frustrating. Good luck and let me know where you wind up going!!! I will most likely be at Tice's Corner at 10pm on the 23rd.

Jellibean
Jun 18, 2010, 08:44 AM
Well, I have some advise for you. I went to GSP for the first iPhone launch. I HATED it! But then again, thats just me. I found a much better experience at the Tice's Corner Apple Store. ALL the people waiting in line were awesome and we all had a blast. We would hold each others spots in line for bathroom or food breaks. There is a Panera right across along with an A&P food store. We all pitched in and bought food and drinks. If you want to be inside, then go to GSP, but I am personally not a fan of the "mall crowd." I also lost my spot several times at GSP because security had us move the line so many times and it was frustrating. Good luck and let me know where you wind up going!!! I will most likely be at Tice's Corner at 10pm on the 23rd.

Thanks SO much! I'll definitely be going to Tice's, sounds so fun! I was thinking of getting there around 10:30pm on Wednesday, do you think that's too late? I'm hoping to be within the first 10-15 people, as I'm getting the feeling that they aren't going to stock many phones for those without reservations. The last thing I want is to wait all night and then not get one! Thanks again for your advice!

vmagg88
Jun 18, 2010, 09:30 AM
Thanks SO much! I'll definitely be going to Tice's, sounds so fun! I was thinking of getting there around 10:30pm on Wednesday, do you think that's too late? I'm hoping to be within the first 10-15 people, as I'm getting the feeling that they aren't going to stock many phones for those without reservations. The last thing I want is to wait all night and then not get one! Thanks again for your advice!

I will be getting there around the same time you had said. I do not see any need to be there earlier. I got private messages from 2 other members that plan on attending around 10pm also

Jellibean
Jun 18, 2010, 10:26 AM
I will be getting there around the same time you had said. I do not see any need to be there earlier. I got private messages from 2 other members that plan on attending around 10pm also

Awesome, see you there! My name's Janine, BTW.

ben925
Jun 19, 2010, 05:44 PM
I pre-ordered, but Bad experience with Fed-Ex last year has made me opt to pick up my phone from Tice's Corner, but i wasnt planning on going until very early that morning since i did pre-order it..Do you guys think it'll be a very long line then ?

nypunk
Jun 19, 2010, 07:51 PM
I was planning on camping out @ Tice's Corner at around 11pm but the weather man is calling for thunder storms wed night and early thurs so I may switch to the palisades mall apple store instead I guess it will be a last minute thing and all comes down to the forecast that day!!!

Mikeyc29
Jun 20, 2010, 07:40 AM
I'm planning on camping out at GSP but it seems like Tice's corner was a better choice. Is there a way i couuld change my pre-order reservation location? Also, my stubborn girlfriend didn't pre order the iphone 4 on the 14th like i told her. Can i still get one without a reservation if we camp out? :) see you all there !

vmagg88
Jun 20, 2010, 09:47 PM
I pre-ordered, but Bad experience with Fed-Ex last year has made me opt to pick up my phone from Tice's Corner, but i wasnt planning on going until very early that morning since i did pre-order it..Do you guys think it'll be a very long line then ?

Yes

I was planning on camping out @ Tice's Corner at around 11pm but the weather man is calling for thunder storms wed night and early thurs so I may switch to the palisades mall apple store instead I guess it will be a last minute thing and all comes down to the forecast that day!!!

Hopefully the rain holds off

I'm planning on camping out at GSP but it seems like Tice's corner was a better choice. Is there a way i couuld change my pre-order reservation location? Also, my stubborn girlfriend didn't pre order the iphone 4 on the 14th like i told her. Can i still get one without a reservation if we camp out? :) see you all there !

I don't think you can change reservations. Yes there will be stock for people with out reservations

iGaryMonnecka
Jun 20, 2010, 10:54 PM
im hoping it won't rain, but the only thing that will change is me having an umbrella and wearing a poncho. problem solved. the less people in line the better.

Penguinwrangler
Jun 21, 2010, 07:52 AM
Thinking about doing the Tice's corner campout this year instead of GSP (which was a nuthouse last year) but I'm curious to know what time people are likely to start lining up? I have no reservation and would essentially need to be in the front of the line because I have work at 8:30 the next morning. Should I just go straight from work Wednesday and plan to do the 12 hours there?

nypunk
Jun 21, 2010, 09:08 PM
Thinking about doing the Tice's corner campout this year instead of GSP (which was a nuthouse last year) but I'm curious to know what time people are likely to start lining up? I have no reservation and would essentially need to be in the front of the line because I have work at 8:30 the next morning. Should I just go straight from work Wednesday and plan to do the 12 hours there?

I was planning on getting there around 11-12 on the 23rd that is if the rain holds off

iGaryMonnecka
Jun 21, 2010, 10:13 PM
the forecast is absolutely nowhere near as bad, no rain supposedly wednesday, and only a 30% chance thursday

vmagg88
Jun 21, 2010, 11:09 PM
I was planning on getting there around 11-12 on the 23rd that is if the rain holds off

I will be there the 23rd at 10pm; rain, snow, sleet or hail. Worst comes to worst, I'll stay in my truck for a few hours and watch movies :D

skinnerband
Jun 23, 2010, 02:49 PM
Tice's was great for the iPad launch. The staff was friendly, professional and the lines moved pretty well in my opinion.

Having said that, I know it's a bit much to ask, but would any of you campers mind posting about the line progress in the morning? Parenting duties prevent me from getting there before 8:30. So, if the employees come out of the store and start sending people at the end of the line away, I'd greatly appreciate the heads-up :)

Thanks!

vmagg88
Jun 23, 2010, 03:10 PM
Tice's was great for the iPad launch. The staff was friendly, professional and the lines moved pretty well in my opinion.

Having said that, I know it's a bit much to ask, but would any of you campers mind posting about the line progress in the morning? Parenting duties prevent me from getting there before 8:30. So, if the employees come out of the store and start sending people at the end of the line away, I'd greatly appreciate the heads-up :)

Thanks!

Will try my best. Hopefully I can post here from my new iPhone for you in the morning! If not, my iPad will do, I guess. Lol :D

majcarr
Jun 23, 2010, 06:14 PM
Hi guys, just curious. This is my first time buying an iphone the day of the launch and was wondering when is a good time to stop by? When does Tice's usually sell out?

skinnerband
Jun 23, 2010, 07:29 PM
Will try my best. Hopefully I can post here from my new iPhone for you in the morning! If not, my iPad will do, I guess. Lol :D

Thank you! :)

iGaryMonnecka
Jun 23, 2010, 08:18 PM
Anyone coming to tice's corner- get your asses here NOW! I'm about 25th in line already. If you want one, come now.

goodfellaz
Jun 23, 2010, 08:47 PM
is it worth coming to Tice's now? Live about 35-45 mins away from Woodcliffe Lake

iGaryMonnecka
Jun 23, 2010, 08:52 PM
If you leave right now you should be able to get one.

goodfellaz
Jun 23, 2010, 08:54 PM
how many people in line now? I know Woodcliffe Lake is a pretty safe area but is there any mall/shopping center security there?

iGaryMonnecka
Jun 23, 2010, 08:59 PM
1 real cop about 45-50 people in line?

Jellibean
Jun 23, 2010, 09:12 PM
thanks so much for posting updates. still about 45-50 people? was planning to come at 4am but wondering now if it's even worth it. was originally planning to come at 10pm but something came up... hoping 4am isn't a lost cause but thinking it might be since there were 50 ppl at 9pm! would sincerely appreciate further updates. thanks so much.

Msskarina
Jun 23, 2010, 09:16 PM
Any idea whether people on line have reservations or are they hoping to get one from available stock?

iGaryMonnecka
Jun 23, 2010, 09:18 PM
It would seem I have overestimated. Someone just counted and got 32. I would get here as early as you can. I'll update every hour. ( or at least try to)

iGaryMonnecka
Jun 23, 2010, 09:20 PM
2 seperate lines. There are only about 3 people in the reserve line. The rest are walk ins

Msskarina
Jun 23, 2010, 09:27 PM
Thanks Gary, see you around 5am, can't get there before then. Updates throughout the nite are much appreciated.

iGaryMonnecka
Jun 23, 2010, 09:38 PM
Somebody 2 spots in front of me is selling their spot for 200. Might be an idea for anyone getting here later.

Jellibean
Jun 23, 2010, 09:40 PM
on my way! be there in like half hour. thanks again for the updates!!

iGaryMonnecka
Jun 23, 2010, 09:51 PM
No problem! The spot next to me is 100

vmagg88
Jun 23, 2010, 10:01 PM
I am in line ladies and gents!!! On the reserved line, number 3!!

goodfellaz
Jun 23, 2010, 10:35 PM
line update?

vmagg88
Jun 23, 2010, 10:40 PM
line update?

Long for walk-ins. Not sure the exact number.

iGaryMonnecka
Jun 23, 2010, 10:41 PM
Well over 60 people on the non reserve line and no word on how many are left. 100 or 200 will get anyone who comes now a pretty nice spot though. That's all I have for right now. Amy questions?

goodfellaz
Jun 23, 2010, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the update guys. I preordered my iPhone from AT&T and it should be delivered tomorrow by 3pm, but I wanted to see if there was anyway to get my girlfriend a phone on launch day. From what it sounds like, that boat sailed around 9:30-10pm tonight at Tice's. I don't think there would be any chance of her getting one if she showed up in the next hour.

iGaryMonnecka
Jun 23, 2010, 11:01 PM
I'm pretty sure the ship sailed bud. Sorry. :(

As for line update, 60-75 people on non reserve, 3 on reserve, the mood is pretty chill and there are two spots for sale in the top 25, one 100 one 200