Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2010
Washington
What kind of price do you think I can get out of an 8gb iPhone 3g that is jailbroken and unlocked.

I mad the mistake of getting this one instead of waiting for the iPhone 4 to come out.

Passels

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2009
I would say easily over $200 on ebay. You will end up selling it to someone who lost or broke their iphone and are not eligible for an upgrade.

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2010
Washington
I would say easily over $200 on ebay. You will end up selling it to someone who lost or broke their iphone and are not eligible for an upgrade.

Awesome! So would eBay be my best bet or would craigslist be a good option as well?

Speedracer04

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Michigan
Awesome! So would eBay be my best bet or would craigslist be a good option as well?

I sold my 8Gb 3G, unlocked and jailbroken on craigslist for $250 last week. I would think prices would have fallen today due to the new release...thats why you sell a week early! :p

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
this is what I plan to do!

step one see what they are going for on ebay!

step 2 list on craigslist about that price or even a little less. sell it local only though.

benefits
no shipping hassles or somebody complaining to ebay trying to get a the phone for free.
no fees paid to ebay or paypal
cold cash in your hand

cons
scam letter offering big bucks to ship it to Africa. (don't be tempted)
might have to weed though a few buyers

meet someplace safe and neutral like startbucks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.