PDA

View Full Version : .Mac Subscribers: Get 300 free Jam Pack loops and all three ...

MacBytes
Oct 14, 2004, 06:58 PM
Category: Deals and Coupons
Link: .Mac Subscribers: Get 300 free Jam Pack loops and all three Jam Packs for $198 (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20041014195800)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

macridah
Oct 14, 2004, 08:56 PM
I'll get the free downloads, but not the discounted ones.

AmigoMac
Oct 15, 2004, 12:15 AM
for 150 I'd buy all of them... let's see how the 300 loops behave, as a non-professional musician user I don't see myself investing in this but nice for the people who can use this.

The Man
Oct 15, 2004, 01:37 AM
That's a great discount. The thing is, I just purchased Jam Pack #1.( If I didn't, I would have taken the offer to buy three for the price of two. I will download the free loops of #2 and #3.)

Hope others will find the discount useful.

Squire
Oct 15, 2004, 02:13 AM
I've been planning to buy the original Jam Pack for quite some time. I'm also very interested in the rhythm section one. I guess I'll take advantage of the deal and get the remix one for free.

By the way, have any of you had problems downloading the free ones? Maybe I'm doing something wrong but when I click on them in my members folder, nothing happens.

Squire

Savage Henry
Oct 15, 2004, 02:22 AM
Not bad offer ... praps .Mac preferential benefits are turning the corner.

Also, praps an upgrade of Garageband is around the same corner that Tiger is lurking.

Chaszmyr
Oct 15, 2004, 12:07 PM
With the 300 free loops.. It's easy to add them on an as-needed basis (just drag them onto the "stage"), but is there any way to add them to GarageBand's built in loop archive browser thing?

Squire
Oct 15, 2004, 12:15 PM
With the 300 free loops.. It's easy to add them on an as-needed basis (just drag them onto the "stage"), but is there any way to add them to GarageBand's built in loop archive browser thing?

I'm having trouble. The first 2 "packs" seem to get added but the third one is really stumping me. It worked with one tune (I can tell because "slide" is available) but it doesn't show up when I start a new project.

Squire

balconycollapse
Oct 15, 2004, 02:19 PM
I might be way off on this but I think you can add them manually by dropping all the loops into

/Library/Application Support/Garageband/Apple Loops/Single Files/

The most frustrating part for me has been aliasing these folders so I could store all the loops on an external harddrive. Apple needs to add a set library location option GB preferences similar to the one Soundtrack has.