Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phat^Trance

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
Since the iphone 4 have been announced today i thought its time to start sharing some new iPhone 4 wallpaper here :) If you are going to share your wallpapers, make sure that the resolution is 640x960

Attachments

• halo001.jpg
    halo001.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 2,392

kyleb822

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2008
anyone know any good sites that have alot of iphone 4 backgrounds that could be used on the home screen that arent very distracting? Simple backgrounds are nice

dpmcdonald

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009
Seeing the size of these pictures, I'm beginning to realize how massive the iP4's resolution really is....

vizkiz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Long Island, NY
anyone know any good sites that have alot of iphone 4 backgrounds that could be used on the home screen that arent very distracting? Simple backgrounds are nice

If you like cars, I have two that would suit you. I just have to find the original files to resize them correctly. They are mixed in with all my stuff from my old work computer.

Left is a GT2, right is a 2009 or 2010 911
30bfc51.jpg
ann0ja.jpg

Note: The right one was originally in landscape orientation. I cropped it vertically and added a black bar on the bottom that blends in and grabbed some blue from the sky and made a bar at the top. It's not really noticeable because of the clock on the lockscreen. Maybe after I post the original, someone can photoshop the sky to continue so it can be used on the homescreen.

Phat^Trance

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
Guys, make sure that the wallpapers you are uploading have a resolution of 640x960!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I don't want to sound like a troll but given how the panel fills up with icons, how useful is wallpaper anyways.

I like an uncluttered screen where I can see the images better.

nexus_scrn.png

Am I the only one who's underwhelmed by iOS4's wallpaper ability?

Edit btw, some of those images are awesome :D

angevil

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
Keep them coming! Amazing! Thanks everyone :)

On iPhone, you have the image almost completely shown in the lock screen. For the home screen, I prefer as many things possible on the first page so I don′t have to go through different screens to get to what I want to do.

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
I don't want to sound like a troll but given how the panel fills up with icons, how useful is wallpaper anyways.

nexus_scrn.png
gallery01-20100607.jpg
Am I the only one who's underwhelmed by iOS4's wallpaper ability?

Edit btw, some of those images are awesome :D

You can still see it regardless.

Well since you're not trolling you won't mind me saying something about your home screen compared to the new iPhone 4.

Android:
Android's design makes me cringe sometimes. Look how crowded the status bar is. The info is nice but it just looks messy.

iPhone:
I admit it would be nice to have more statuses in the status bar but I like how simple and unobtrusive the iPhone's is.

Android:
Does the home screen really need a giant battery icon app? How bout how "messages" is surrounded by that dark grey highlight? It's a good idea but the edges of the letters touch the edge of the highlight and makes it look unbalanced. Also the way there is a missing row of apps makes it even more unbalanced. And the apps have different shadow castings which make it look unorganized.

iPhone:
They all have the same basic shape and look very organized. The dock is always a plus because you can get to your phone app quicker.

Anyway you can definitely see and enjoy the wallpaper on the iPhone 4, especially with it's new high resolution. We get you're point that Android has had the ability to have wallpapers in the background for awhile but there's so much wrong design-wise that doesn't make it seem all that special.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
On iPhone, you have the image almost completely shown in the lock screen.
Agreed, but the recent change with iOS allows them to be on all the time and I found them to interfere with the icons, given that the panels are usually pretty much filled up.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I have about 300 now obsolete iPhone wallpapers.:( Guess it's back to the Interface drawing board.:eek:

Nicolecat

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2008
I would like to see what everyone uses behind their apps...something that looks nice and clean and not cluttered with the apps in front. :)

subscribed.

angevil

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
maflynn, how come you are posting in almost every iPhone thread even if you have Android? Or you have both? I usually go to and post in the forums of things/musicians I like, that makes sense to me..

After reading your posts, it looks like you are an iPhonephobe that secretly loves iPhone :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.