PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth mouse and keyboard

Veldek
Oct 15, 2004, 03:45 AM
I received my new PowerMac (see sig) yesterday and have a question concerning the use of the Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. When I put the PowerMac to sleep, I donít shut off the mouse and the keyboard, because they (seem to) shut off themselves. But when I wake the computer up, both devices arenít recognized anymore, so I cannot input anything. Any ideas?

robbieduncan
Oct 15, 2004, 04:07 AM
There is an option (I think it's in the keyboard and mouse preferences) that allows Bluetooth devices to wake the computer. Is that turned on? (If not how are you waking the computer?)

angelneo
Oct 15, 2004, 04:08 AM
I am using Apple bluetooth mouse with my powerbook. When it goes to sleep, it does get disconnected from my mouse as the mouse does go to sleep as well. However, it only takes about 10 sec or less for the mouse to reactivate itself again once the powerbook came back on.

Which bluetooth mouse and keyboard are you using?

Veldek
Oct 15, 2004, 05:19 AM
robbieduncan: I have this option enabled, but I wake the computer up using the power button. I could try using either keyboard or mouse, but they are off, arenít they?

angelneo: I also use the Apple ones, but even if I waited half a minute or longer, they werenít recognized. I had to plug in a USB mouse to search for a Bluetooth mouse, which then found it (and the keyboard, too).

robbieduncan
Oct 15, 2004, 05:31 AM
robbieduncan: I have this option enabled, but I wake the computer up using the power button. I could try using either keyboard or mouse, but they are off, arenít they?

If you shake the mouse around a bit, or press a key on the keyboard I think it should wake up (and wake the Mac with it).

mpw
Oct 15, 2004, 12:22 PM
I'm using (used, see sig.) a MS BT mouse with an iBook. The mouse does sleep when the iBook sleeps but when I move the mouse both wake up although the mouse wakes first, then the iBook a second later and then another second or two before the mouse is found and ready to control the cursor/input.
BTW I've always thought it strange that the BT dongle that came with the mouse only worked from the on-board USB port and took about a min. to find the mouse then labled it '978264981624986129486192746' (or something) but belkins keyboard mounted dongle finds 'Microsoft Mouse' in a jiffy.