PDA

View Full Version : Miami Fl

LARQ1
Jun 7, 2010, 11:58 PM
Hello Again:

Hard to believe it has been a year of the 3GS Kick-off....

I would like to know if everyone will be pre-ordering from Apple or ATT ???

Unsure what I'll do ... Please advice. Thanks and Happy Iphoning !:)

MMM.PWR
Jun 8, 2010, 09:14 AM
I want to buy mine through Apple, not AT&T.

Dadeland or The Falls anyone? :D

FSUSem1noles
Jun 8, 2010, 09:16 AM
I'll be doing pre-order and have it shipped.. Screw waiting in a line in this humidity...

MMM.PWR
Jun 8, 2010, 12:09 PM
This is true. at least Aventura / Dadeland are indoor stores.

dach2k3
Jun 8, 2010, 12:52 PM
Did Dadeland open early last year?

i bought my 3g at the Falls and they were open an hour or 2 early. I think at 8am instead of 10am. I am thinking that Dadeland might be a better option this year.

deannnnn
Jun 8, 2010, 03:32 PM
Good call about the indoor mall.

I was thinking about doing Lincoln Road since it's just such a nice area to be in, but it rained when i got my iPhone 3G there... might have to hit up Aventura.

Although if it's pre-ordered I'd be able to walk right in, right? No waiting?

MMM.PWR
Jun 15, 2010, 04:58 PM
Like a lot of us, I planned on pre-ordering a white 32gb today. I hope they'll be available by launch.

Anybody else getting a white one?

deannnnn
Jun 15, 2010, 05:58 PM
I spent ten hours trying to pre-order today. FINALLY got it to go through at Aventura. Don't know how long I'll have to wait so I figured Aventura would be best so that I can wait inside of a mall (out of the sun and rain).

dach2k3
Jun 15, 2010, 10:52 PM
I reserved for pickup at Dadeland. Don't know when I will show up to stand in line. I assume they will be letting people into the mall to stand in line.

LARQ1
Jun 16, 2010, 01:57 PM
Hi !!

I was able to order mine online thru ATT's website yesterday the 15th around 9am...Hope to get it shipped at home on the 24th !:D

gordian
Jun 16, 2010, 05:28 PM
Anyone familiar with the Dadeland store procedure for lining up? The store is in a mall so do people just form a line outside the main doors?

dach2k3
Jun 16, 2010, 07:59 PM
I just called the dadeland store and all the girl knew as of this point is that they would have a line for pre-orders/reservations and another for walkins.

No idea what time the mall will let people in, but they are opening at 7am.

dabunique
Jun 17, 2010, 04:57 AM
I reserved as well for the Dadeland store. Jus wondering what is a good time to show up, cuz I work that day and I jus wanna get my phone, go home upload stuff, and get 2 work.

DJ88
Jun 17, 2010, 06:02 AM
I don't have a pre order, and I was wondering which apple store was the best to line up at.

What do you guys think about trying the Lincoln Rd. store. Has anyone waited in line there before?

dabunique
Jun 17, 2010, 06:09 AM
I don't have a pre order, and I was wondering which apple store was the best to line up at.

What do you guys think about trying the Lincoln Rd. store. Has anyone waited in line there before?

I have a friend who works there and he tells me don't even try it. its gonna be very crazy that day. ur best best is to try another apple store

DJ88
Jun 17, 2010, 06:49 AM
Haha, thanks for the heads up.

That leaves me Dadeland or Aventura, but I'm leaning towards Dadeland.

dabunique
Jun 17, 2010, 06:51 AM
Haha, thanks for the heads up.

That leaves me Dadeland or Aventura, but I'm leaning towards Dadeland.

yup that's where I will be jus wonderin what time I should be there. Never done a launch before but I have seen da horror pics lol

miguelq
Jun 18, 2010, 03:17 PM
I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to wait in line that long but to be honest I will be driving by Dadeland and the Falls after work on Wednesday. If I see a line I am going to eat, change my clothes and come on back. It's going to be a crazy day!

dizzy13
Jun 18, 2010, 06:23 PM
Did Miami Beach for 3G and 3GS.

After this last year (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX8s28CrETA) I decided I couldn't top it, so this year just going to hit up the falls since it's closer to home.

danpass
Jun 18, 2010, 07:09 PM
Hi !!

I was able to order mine online thru ATT's website yesterday the 15th around 9am...Hope to get it shipped at home on the 24th !:D

same here.

Maybe we'll meet up and show our iP4s to the people in line :D

bananamonkey
Jun 18, 2010, 08:37 PM
hi all if anyone is hitting up LR please look for my thread. have fun next thur. :p

deannnnn
Jun 18, 2010, 09:38 PM

I did Lincoln Rd for the iPhone 3G. I remember they got more iPhones that year than any other Miami area store so if you don't have a pre-order it's definitely the place to go. You have to wait outside though, and I was waiting forever. That's why I went with Aventura this year. I have a pre-order but I know I'll still have to wait and I want to wait inside.

NyArtboy
Jun 18, 2010, 11:21 PM
Like a lot of us, I planned on pre-ordering a white 32gb today. I hope they'll be available by launch.

Anybody else getting a white one?

Not a chance. White iPhone 4's are 2 to 3 weeks out

I'll be doing pre-order and have it shipped.. Screw waiting in a line in this humidity...

I kinda wish I did this now but I never got an iPhone at launch so I figured it might be fun at the store. I bet I'm wrong :(

NyArtboy
Jun 18, 2010, 11:25 PM
I talked to three different Apple reps at the falls to get the scoop and they all told me the same thing:

1) The store opens at 7am
2) there will be two lines. One for reserves, one for walk in.
3) IF YOU HAVE A RESERVE IT WILL ONLY BE HELD UNTIL 3pm. After that it will be recycled either to walk ins.

I plan on being there when they open just to be on the safe side.

LARQ1
Jun 18, 2010, 11:51 PM
same here.

Maybe we'll meet up and show our iP4s to the people in line :D

That would be kind of Sad...Bring my unopened 32GB Iphone 4 and do an auction outside the Apple store???.....Ok...the gentleman in green offers
$32,150....any others????.....Sold !!!:D

rcandre2
Jun 19, 2010, 12:33 AM
I talked to three different Apple reps at the falls to get the scoop and they all told me the same thing:

1) The store opens at 7am
2) there will be two lines. One for reserves, one for walk in.
3) IF YOU HAVE A RESERVE IT WILL ONLY BE HELD UNTIL 3pm. After that it will be recycled either to walk ins.

I plan on being there when they open just to be on the safe side.

Your number 3 is incorrect. Apple's own website states that the phone will be available until the close of business on the 24th. Good luck!

NyArtboy
Jun 19, 2010, 11:59 AM
Your number 3 is incorrect. Apple's own website states that the phone will be available until the close of business on the 24th. Good luck!

I know the site says close of business however that is why I started with asking 3 different store reps on 3 different days. I told them the same thing about the site and all 3 had no answer for me after that. To be safe get there in the morning.

Also I confirmed with them that even though your phone may be 'reserved' it's still first come first served. So if their order is short you could be unlucky if you arrive late. :(

Anyway just thought I would share what the guys 'at' the store told me.

Good luck all!!

danpass
Jun 19, 2010, 12:21 PM
That would be kind of Sad...Bring my unopened 32GB Iphone 4 and do an auction outside the Apple store???.....Ok...the gentleman in green offers
$32,150....any others????.....Sold !!!:D

ok ......... that's pushing it :D

danpass
Jun 19, 2010, 12:22 PM

RESERVED are held till 3pm

CLEAR ENOUGH NOW ;)

MiamiHurricane
Jun 19, 2010, 01:17 PM
Does anybody know anything about the validity of this article? It says that white iPhones will be available to walk ins as first come first served. And it says that their source is Apple. I called an Apple store yesterday and they wouldn't disclose whether or not they're going to have any white iPhones avail to walk ins on launch day. Thoughts? Additional knowledge?

http://cnmnewsnetwork.com/121953/iphone-4-at-apple-com-pre-order-and-ship-date/

gadget88
Jun 19, 2010, 01:24 PM
I have my reservation at Aventura for 32GB and i will be there @ 6:30am

MasterChief
Jun 20, 2010, 10:06 AM
I have my reservation at Aventura for 32GB and i will be there @ 6:30am

Same here...you think us "reservers" will have any problems? I mean I can't see more than 100 people in line @ 6:30am....I need to get to work by 930! :D

dabunique
Jun 20, 2010, 05:56 PM
So anybody goin to Dadeland? I have never done these pickups before. I'm planning to go at 5 am. Is that a good time?

miguelq
Jun 20, 2010, 06:24 PM
So anybody goin to Dadeland? I have never done these pickups before. I'm planning to go at 5 am. Is that a good time?

I have a reservation there but I am skeptical because I don't know where you would actually wait...

Luckily I have a second reservation at the falls...I think I may go there.

idiotsavant
Jun 21, 2010, 12:57 AM
ok here's my 2 cents before people start to pick where to camp or stay the night. im what i guess u would call a "sneaker head" and last year for some jordans that released i picked dadeland to camp, and here is my experience. i was at the doors by the food court (since champs is right there also) and security kicked me and about 10 other people off the property. we couldnt be in the parking garage or anywhere else in the area.. even tho the doors are closed and we couldnt get in till the early release the told us get off the property. and we were forced to wait across the street by the canal infront of those apartments infront of dadeland mall... if this is gonna be the case this year i would almost expect them to act the same way, because those same doors are also the closet doors to the apple store. just something to think about before we all show up at dadeland lined up and the kick us off the property, now the falls being an open mall like it is, idk how they would work with people lining up the night before camped out.

dabunique
Jun 21, 2010, 11:02 AM
I'm so not camping out lol

dach2k3
Jun 21, 2010, 01:18 PM
just got off the phone with the dadeland store and they are expecting that the mall will open at about 6am.

Honestly, the guy on the phone was very vague. I doubt he really knows. he said that mall security hadn't informed them them yet.

You'd think that they would coordinate this sort of thing given the demand and given the history with previous apple product releases. My plan was to go between 5 and 6am.

anyone wanna try calling the dadeland mall security and see what their answer is?

miguelq
Jun 21, 2010, 01:37 PM
I called The Falls and they said that they will not let anyone onsite until 5am. The apple rep didn't know where people wait and told me to call the mall directly for questions on where the line would be.

I jokingly said that there was going to be a stampede at 5am if there is no control for the crowd and he referred me to mall security. Don't know how this is going to work out but it seems very unorganized.

dabunique
Jun 21, 2010, 01:54 PM
yup i'm gonna be at Dadeland at 5am

trua
Jun 21, 2010, 06:08 PM
i'm still debating on going to dadeland between 3-5am.

JZ Wire
Jun 21, 2010, 06:29 PM
yup i'm gonna be at Dadeland at 5am

All I can say is to be there early. I was at Dadeland for the iPad launch and it was pretty full. I got there an hour before and people were already there waiting.
For the original and 3G iPhone I lined up at the Falls since the Dadeland store didn't exist yet. However this time I'd suggest Dadeland because even if it's hotter than hell or raining outside, you'll at least have a roof over your head and air-conditioning.
Besides, the closer you are to the front of the line, the quicker you can get in and then back out. Good luck!

trua
Jun 21, 2010, 06:48 PM
I was at the falls during the 3g release. Security kicked of the parking lot and told us that we can't park til 6am. By 7am the line ended at the garage and the had tons of police watching the line. I even had to tell a cop that I had to go to the restroom.

dabunique
Jun 21, 2010, 07:26 PM
All I can say is to be there early. I was at Dadeland for the iPad launch and it was pretty full. I got there an hour before and people were already there waiting.
For the original and 3G iPhone I lined up at the Falls since the Dadeland store didn't exist yet. However this time I'd suggest Dadeland because even if it's hotter than hell or raining outside, you'll at least have a roof over your head and air-conditioning.
Besides, the closer you are to the front of the line, the quicker you can get in and then back out. Good luck!

I hope that me being early I won't have to be in there that long. Gotta work at 11. I'm gonna go tomorrow to Dadeland and start askin sum questions. First time doing this as I ha my ipad delivered and I got my iPhone a week after it came out last year.

trua
Jun 21, 2010, 07:30 PM
I hope that me being early I won't have to be in there that long. Gotta work at 11. I'm gonna go tomorrow to Dadeland and start askin sum questions. First time doing this as I ha my ipad delivered and I got my iPhone a week after it came out last year.

same here. i have to work i 9

JZ Wire
Jun 21, 2010, 07:46 PM

I'm guessing you reserved one right? It's really your best bet since you'll be guaranteed an iPhone and get out much quicker. Just like the iPad release, they will make two lines.
One for those who reserved their iPhone, they will go in first, and then another line for those who did not reserve.
Make sure you bring I.D., credit card, etc.

trua
Jun 21, 2010, 07:59 PM
i got mine pre-ordered

miguelq
Jun 21, 2010, 08:25 PM
I was at the falls during the 3g release. Security kicked of the parking lot and told us that we can't park til 6am. By 7am the line ended at the garage and the had tons of police watching the line. I even had to tell a cop that I had to go to the restroom.

So what happened at 6am? Were people running to get in line or was there a line offsite somewhere?

Doesnt really seem like camping is an option...

trua
Jun 21, 2010, 08:30 PM
everyone was parked at the compusa until 6am then pretty cars and people flying into the mall

dabunique
Jun 21, 2010, 08:41 PM
I'm guessing you reserved one right? It's really your best bet since you'll be guaranteed an iPhone and get out much quicker. Just like the iPad release, they will make two lines.
One for those who reserved their iPhone, they will go in first, and then another line for those who did not reserve.
Make sure you bring I.D., credit card, etc.

Yup I got It reserved. Good to hear there is a chance to pick it up and get out quickly. Lol. It's gonna be a long day for me but hey I get to show off my new best friend to everybody.

miguelq
Jun 21, 2010, 08:54 PM
everyone was parked at the compusa until 6am then pretty cars and people flying into the mall

Guess I better start training because it seems like survival of the fittest. Going to be a mad dash for the line at 6am...

trua
Jun 21, 2010, 09:08 PM
Guess I better start training because it seems like survival of the fittest. Going to be a mad dash for the line at 6am...

i hearing that they might let people in by 5am. call the mall the day before to make sure

miguelq
Jun 21, 2010, 09:24 PM
i hearing that they might let people in by 5am. call the mall the day before to make sure

Thanks I will...I am going by there tomorrow night to get a lay of the land. If there is no one in charge of the campers then there may be some mayhem until a line has been established.

Guess I am packing light so that I can be nimble if needed...

photogpab
Jun 21, 2010, 10:44 PM
i'm disappointed because i have to work at 7am on Thursday. I wanted to wake up early and make the line to buy an iPhone 4. I didn't reserve or pre-order one, so I was just going to show up early and hope that I could get one without a reservation. But with having to work so early, i'm screwed.

How often does the apple store get inventory? If I cant go Thursday, will they have a whole new shipment on Friday morning? Can I go early on that day and get one?

i've never purchased a phone on launch day or so close to launch day so I have no idea how it works.

dabunique
Jun 22, 2010, 06:24 AM
Jus found out Lincoln Road has over 800 reservations. Thank God I made mine at Dadeland. It's not gonna be pretty.

dach2k3
Jun 22, 2010, 10:53 AM
i wonder how many dadeland has. Since it is a newer store i would think it probably has less.

I got my 3g at the falls 2 yrs ago on the saturday after release. it was pretty smooth. They openned at 9am, i got there at 7am and i was gone by 10am. I was about 50th in line. Reservations didn't exist at that time.

miguelq
Jun 22, 2010, 11:04 AM
i wonder how many dadeland has. Since it is a newer store i would think it probably has less.

I got my 3g at the falls 2 yrs ago on the saturday after release. it was pretty smooth. They openned at 9am, i got there at 7am and i was gone by 10am. I was about 50th in line. Reservations didn't exist at that time.

Are you doing the falls again? I am curious as to how the lines work...

dizzy13
Jun 22, 2010, 11:08 AM

Does anyone know when you can line up at the falls? I've gone to lincoln road the last 2 years and it's not like there is any security since it's just outside.

The falls is outside, but it's still a mall with security, not a public street.

dach2k3
Jun 22, 2010, 11:09 AM
no, i am going to dadeland. I figured that the mall would open no later than 6am and that i'd rather be under air conditioning than not.

From reading a lot of threads, my understanding is that there will be a Reserve line and a walk in line. The reserve line will be taken first and then the walkins will be taken after.

JaneDoe82
Jun 22, 2010, 04:32 PM
I called The Falls security and they said 7AM (!!) is the earliest you will be allowed on the property. I called The Falls Apple Store and they suggested getting to the store at 6AM..:confused:

dizzy13
Jun 22, 2010, 04:34 PM
I called The Falls security and they said 7AM (!!) is the earliest you will be allowed on the property. I called The Falls Apple Store and they suggested getting to the store at 6AM..:confused:

Screw those rent a cops and simon malls. I'll be there no later than 6am.

miguelq
Jun 22, 2010, 06:33 PM
In another thread, they said that there is chaos when the line starts. Its usually people running in the parking lot and cars screeching to a halt. Hope no one gets run over. Guess I better wear light colors.

dabunique
Jun 22, 2010, 06:46 PM
Jus left Dadeland and they said they will open the food court door at 5am. U stand in line until 7 am. The girl said they think it's gonna get crazy. Lol I'm rethinking goin in that early. Lol.

trua
Jun 22, 2010, 07:31 PM
In another thread, they said that there is chaos when the line starts. Its usually people running in the parking lot and cars screeching to a halt. Hope no one gets run over. Guess I better wear light colors.

that happen to me at the falls when the 3g came out. i got mine reserved at dadeland, hopefully i'll be there between 3-5am

dabunique
Jun 22, 2010, 08:26 PM
I guess it will be an interesting morning. I jus hope i won't be there that long

miguelq
Jun 22, 2010, 08:28 PM
that happen to me at the falls when the 3g came out. i got mine reserved at dadeland, hopefully i'll be there between 3-5am

Guess I will be going to Dadeland...less chance of getting trampled to death before I get my new phone...

trua
Jun 22, 2010, 08:32 PM
Guess I will be going to Dadeland...less chance of getting trampled to death before I get my new phone...

i'm going to give them a call tomorrow to confirm which entrance they are going to use and what time they are going to let people on property like to park or campout after closing

stephen1108
Jun 22, 2010, 09:10 PM
Anyone know details about Aventura yet??

dabunique
Jun 22, 2010, 09:23 PM
i'm going to give them a call tomorrow to confirm which entrance they are going to use and what time they are going to let people on property like to park or campout after closing

the entrance is by da food court by Johnny Rockets and they open da door at 5

miguelq
Jun 22, 2010, 09:31 PM
the entrance is by da food court by Johnny Rockets and they open da door at 5

Do you know if they will let you line up before they open doors?

miguelq
Jun 22, 2010, 09:38 PM

The parking thing would be very helpful...hopefully they let people camp in the garage next to that entrance or something...

dabunique
Jun 22, 2010, 09:50 PM
Do you know if they will let you line up before they open doors?

the girl at the store told me no, she suggested I walk around and be back by 5.

miguelq
Jun 22, 2010, 09:52 PM
the girl at the store told me no, she suggested I walk around and be back by 5.

Lol...so there are going to be a lot of inconspicuous people walking around until 5am and then the mad dash to form the line...looks like I may still get trampled after all...

Hopefully people that do get there early will form some kind of line and prevent total chaos.

dabunique
Jun 22, 2010, 09:54 PM
Lol...so there are going to be a lot of inconspicuous people walking around until 5am and then the mad dash form the line...looks like I may still get trampled after all...

Hopefully people that do get there early will form some kind of line and prevent total chaos.

i hope so cuz i have a bad foot, i can't run for sh/t. and being trampled is so not on my itinerary for the day

miguelq
Jun 22, 2010, 09:57 PM
i hope so cuz i have a bad foot, i can't run for sh/t. and being trampled is so not on my itinerary for the day

LMAO!!!!! I'll pass by after work and update with numbers if there is a line that early. I hope not. Damn apple fanboys...:rolleyes:

deannnnn
Jun 22, 2010, 10:58 PM
Is Aventura at 9 or 9:30 a death wish?

deannnnn
Jun 22, 2010, 11:00 PM
LMAO!!!!! I'll pass by after work and update with numbers if there is a line that early. I hope not. Damn apple fanboys...:rolleyes:

Good call, I'll post numbers for Aventura in the morning of launch.
Everybody should post about all the Miami locations on the 24th if possible!!

DJ88
Jun 23, 2010, 12:03 AM
Damn, now I can't decide between Dadeland or Lincoln Rd.

Lincoln is closer to me, and supposedly gets the biggest shipment of phones. But I have to pay to park and have to get in line earlier outside.

Dadeland is inside an AC'ed mall and line starts at 5, but I'm not sure if they'll get enough phones in.

JZ Wire
Jun 23, 2010, 12:51 AM

I did two iphone releases at The Falls and it was crazy. First off, security was there super early and will not let you on mall property, not even the parking lot. We had to park across the street. So basically it didnt matter who got there first.
It was a matter of how fast you can run or drive to the mall and line up at the Apple store. I was there earlier than a lot of people but the line of cars held me back, while those on foot that ran got there first.

JZ Wire
Jun 23, 2010, 01:02 AM
Damn, now I can't decide between Dadeland or Lincoln Rd.

Lincoln is closer to me, and supposedly gets the biggest shipment of phones. But I have to pay to park and have to get in line earlier outside.

Dadeland is inside an AC'ed mall and line starts at 5, but I'm not sure if they'll get enough phones in.

From my experience, ill never do an outdoor mall for an Apple event ever. It was hotter than hell waiting in line for the first iphone and during the 3G release it rained.
So this time im going for Dadeland. Especially with all this hot weather and we have about 40-50% chance of precipitation on Thurs. Besides, im sure the Apple store at DL will have plenty of iphones for those that didnt reserve just like they did with the ipad. Good Luck!

dabunique
Jun 23, 2010, 05:41 AM
So for us virgins who have never done a launch, what an we expect?

miguelq
Jun 23, 2010, 08:03 AM
I did two iphone releases at The Falls and it was crazy. First off, security was there super early and will not let you on mall property, not even the parking lot. We had to park across the street. So basically it didnt matter who got there first.
It was a matter of how fast you can run or drive to the mall and line up at the Apple store. I was there earlier than a lot of people but the line of cars held me back, while those on foot that ran got there first.

That seems crazy!!! Lol! Couple of questions-

Will they only let everyone in through the front or can you park in the back too.

Was there a lot of people there before 5am?

I guess getting there early doesn't matter if you just have to run fast...can't wait...

miguelq
Jun 23, 2010, 08:05 AM
So for us virgins who have never done a launch, what an we expect?

A lot of dam people. I hope that they don't have any activation problems.

trua
Jun 23, 2010, 09:44 AM

Will they only let everyone in through the front or can you park in the back too.

I guess getting there early doesn't matter if you just have to run fast...can't wait...

When I went for the 3G, there was about 10 cars at the compusa parking til they open the parking lot.

photogpab
Jun 23, 2010, 10:01 AM
what if i cant make it to launch day because of work? does the apple store continue to get new shipment friday morning and saturday morning? can i go early on those days and get a phone?

miguelq
Jun 23, 2010, 10:02 AM
When I went for the 3G, there was about 10 cars at the compusa parking til they open the parking lot.

Thanks. I think this is where I will be going.

miguelq
Jun 23, 2010, 10:12 AM
what if i cant make it to launch day because of work? does the apple store continue to get new shipment friday morning and saturday morning? can i go early on those days and get a phone?

In my experience with apple launches (original iPhone, 3G, 3GS, iPad) if you don't get it within the first couple of days you will have a hard time finding it until it is generally available.

MikeL21
Jun 23, 2010, 12:27 PM
Just called my buddy that works with the company that handle's Dadeland's security... He said they're not allowing anyone on Dadeland property (including parking lot) until they open the food court doors at 6:30AM.

I'm heading over around 6:20AM... Park and run to the door at 6:29! haha!

MikeL21
Jun 23, 2010, 12:29 PM
Oh... and he said no lining up either... They're trying to avoid people running over each other... Guess they don't care if people kill eachother crossing the street, just don't want them doing it on their property... LOL!:D

deanooh
Jun 23, 2010, 01:01 PM
Hi there. First time standing in line. Any advice for Adventura apple store for an early morning, 5:30 am , approach

Cheers dean

miguelq
Jun 23, 2010, 01:35 PM
Oh... and he said no lining up either... They're trying to avoid people running over each other... Guess they don't care if people kill eachother crossing the street, just don't want them doing it on their property... LOL!:D

THIS IS GOING TO BE CRAZY...I have an old video camera and I will be taping the whole thing...anyone else going to the falls

dabunique
Jun 23, 2010, 01:40 PM
Just called my buddy that works with the company that handle's Dadeland's security... He said they're not allowing anyone on Dadeland property (including parking lot) until they open the food court doors at 6:30AM.

I'm heading over around 6:20AM... Park and run to the door at 6:29! haha!

LOL
Then we have conflicting reports from what the Apple store is sayinga nd what security is saying ...
Once again I go back to dadeland tonight

dach2k3
Jun 23, 2010, 02:00 PM
i don't understand why these companies don't coordinate better. They have this huge event within their mall starting at 7am. I find it hard to believe the manager at the apple store and the manager of the dadeland mall aren't in agreement as to what will happen.

Personally, the later they open the better for me. I really don't feel like going at 5am. i think there's a good chance i show up at 6am and they have already let people in.

here's the dadeland store number in case anyone wants to call:

(305) 341-9812

MikeL21
Jun 23, 2010, 02:09 PM
LOL
Then we have conflicting reports from what the Apple store is sayinga nd what security is saying ...
Once again I go back to dadeland tonight

Security told me one thing, Apple told me another... So I called the Information desk at the mall, and they said the same as security... Food court doors at 6:30. These people are all lost!

MikeL21
Jun 23, 2010, 02:12 PM
i don't understand why these companies don't coordinate better. They have this huge event within their mall starting at 7am. I find it hard to believe the manager at the apple store and the manager of the dadeland mall aren't in agreement as to what will happen.

Personally, the later they open the better for me. I really don't feel like going at 5am. i think there's a good chance i show up at 6am and they have already let people in.

here's the dadeland store number in case anyone wants to call:

(305) 341-9812

Completely agree... You would think they have eachother's number? Or at least access to it? This is stupid. The Apple store should just take a truck, park it in the middle of Kendall Drive and start throwing out devices to anyone with cash.

miguelq
Jun 23, 2010, 02:22 PM
Security told me one thing, Apple told me another... So I called the Information desk at the mall, and they said the same as security... Food court doors at 6:30. These people are all lost!

Can't wait for tomorrow. There will be at least 3 people trampled, 1 robbed and a dozen or so that suffer from heat exhaustion. Going to be an exciting day.

I'll pass by the falls on the way home. Yesterday when I called they said you will be allowed to line up starting at 5am.

miguelq
Jun 23, 2010, 02:26 PM
Completely agree... You would think they have eachother's number? Or at least access to it? This is stupid. The Apple store should just take a truck, park it in the middle of Kendall Drive and start throwing out devices to anyone with cash.

Hell yeah!!!

JZ Wire
Jun 23, 2010, 02:37 PM

I'm not sure about the back since I only came through the front.
Yes, we had a pretty big group there before 5am. I arrived at midnight and already there were a small group of people waiting. It only grew as time went by. Good luck!

MikeL21
Jun 23, 2010, 02:39 PM
Just read that the White iPhone won't be available until 2nd half of July...

"White models of Apple's new iPhoneŽ 4 have proven more challenging to manufacture than expected, and as a result they will not be available until the second half of July. The availability of the more popular iPhone 4 black models is not affected." -Apple

miguelq
Jun 23, 2010, 02:40 PM
Anyone know if reservations will go first?

miguelq
Jun 23, 2010, 02:41 PM
I'm not sure about the back since I only came through the front.
Yes, we had a pretty big group there before 5am. I arrived at midnight and already there were a small group of people already there waiting. It only grew as time went by. Good luck!

Based on a couple of responses it seems like the time you get there doesn't matter since you have to run to get in line anyways. In your experience, did it matter how long you were there or did you get in line based on how fast you ran? Lol!!

JZ Wire
Jun 23, 2010, 02:46 PM

Lol, no surprise there. The falls did the same thing. You should have seen the mass of people running across the street as soon as the mall opened.
You'd think Apple was giving away money. Thank god there was little traffic at the time.
I'm gonna try to get to Dadeland as early as i can and hope i won't see a lot of people there.

stephen1108
Jun 23, 2010, 02:53 PM
So is anyone going to Aventura's Apple Store?? Does anyone know how it's going to be handled yet? If Best Buy in Aventura doesn't receive enough shipment to accommodate my pre-order, then the Apple store is def going to be my Plan B! Is 1 AM a good time to arrive? And if I do arrive that early, where will be a good place to wait?

dabunique
Jun 23, 2010, 02:53 PM
fu</< it i'm jus goin back today to talk to both apple and mall security cuz i'm not up for this bull.

silentmike
Jun 23, 2010, 03:24 PM
I Plan on being at the Falls.

Apple has achieved Black Friday in June.

Oh boy.

miguelq
Jun 23, 2010, 03:40 PM
Anyone know if reservations will go first?

I Plan on being at the Falls.

Apple has achieved Black Friday in June.

Oh boy.

Does it matter what time we get there since we can't be onsite until 5am?

This is going to suck.

Blaunerts
Jun 23, 2010, 03:50 PM
Apple at Dadeland told me they are opening doors at 5am and then they are having two lines. Reservation & Walk ins.

hchavarria
Jun 23, 2010, 03:51 PM
I called Dadeland security and they said doors will be opened at 5 and they said you could not wait on property before 5 a.m. They said they did not know if the doors that would be opened would be the Main mall doors or the food court doors. Security told me to call back later to confirm.

Blaunerts
Jun 23, 2010, 03:56 PM
I called Dadeland security and they said doors will be opened at 5 and they said you could not wait on property before 5 a.m. They said they did not know if the doors that would be opened would be the Main mall doors or the food court doors. Security told me to call back later to confirm.

Apple told me specifically. Food court doors

MikeL21
Jun 23, 2010, 04:16 PM

Dadeland security has no clue what the hell is going on... I've called 3 times today and had 3 different answers: 6:30AM, 6:00AM, 5:00AM... ****** Apple/Dadeland and all their damn mystery! hahahaha

Blaunerts
Jun 23, 2010, 04:19 PM
Dadeland security has no clue what the hell is going on... I've called 3 times today and had 3 different answers: 6:30AM, 6:00AM, 5:00AM... ****** Apple/Dadeland and all their damn mystery! hahahaha

Tonight shall be interesting ;)

silentmike
Jun 23, 2010, 04:21 PM
I Plan on being there before 5 to scope the area out, who knows, maybe someone will start a line? Lol not likely, as previously said, I think its going to be a mad dash once we are allowed on the property. Lol.

Blaunerts
Jun 23, 2010, 04:23 PM
I Plan on being there before 5 to scope the area out, who knows, maybe someone will start a line? Lol not likely, as previously said, I think its going to be a mad dash once we are allowed on the property. Lol.

Yeah its gonna be hectic. Whatever, Us iPhone lunatics need our phones!!! :D

MikeL21
Jun 23, 2010, 04:43 PM

Not an iPhone lunatic... I had the 2G and the 3G... 3G got stolen and I was given a free BB Bold 9000... sold it for a Bold 9700, cause I figured iPhone 4 would come eventually and would be way better than a 3GS... Now I sold my Bold 9700 and have been with a ****** loaner all week... No data on this **** loaner, so I need the new iPhone for mobile email lol...

dabunique
Jun 23, 2010, 04:46 PM

It's gonna be fun I hope. Hopefully we can organize this well.

dnabb
Jun 23, 2010, 04:47 PM
So what is going to happen after you wait in line 5-10 hours tomorrow...and come out with one of the faulty yellow screen phones?

hchavarria
Jun 23, 2010, 04:59 PM
So what is going to happen after you wait in line 5-10 hours tomorrow...and come out with one of the faulty yellow screen phones?

I'll exchange it with my wifes when she is sleeping.

Blaunerts
Jun 23, 2010, 05:20 PM

Then I exchange it when ever I can :eek:

JZ Wire
Jun 23, 2010, 05:27 PM

Thats the same thing I was thinking. Im going to check out the mall at around the same time, but since we cant be on mall property till it opens, it looks like its gonna be a dash to line up at the Apple store. :rolleyes:

silentmike
Jun 23, 2010, 05:43 PM
How many of you guys are going to The Falls?

Everyone put on your brand new tennis shoes! : )

dizzy13
Jun 23, 2010, 05:45 PM
I'll be at the falls? So now that we are like 12 hours away, what time is everyone thinking of going? Going to sneak past security and get in there around 6am? Going to follow the rules an show up at 7am?

I might just snorkel in the water right next to the store and pop up at 6:55 :D

trua
Jun 23, 2010, 05:49 PM

i just called dadeland security and now they told me 7:00am, then i called guest service and they said 6:30am

Blaunerts
Jun 23, 2010, 05:55 PM
i just called dadeland security and now they told me 7:00am, then i called guest service and they said 6:30am

If I am not inside the mall by 5am like Apple told me then there is going to problems ;)

trua
Jun 23, 2010, 06:00 PM
something is telling me that its going to be crazy before whatever time they are going to people foodcourt doors

dizzy13
Jun 23, 2010, 06:03 PM
There is more of us than there is of them, the line starts when we say the lines starts I say

trua
Jun 23, 2010, 06:08 PM
There is more of us than there is of them, the line starts when we say the lines starts I say

500 angry people vs 30 security

dabunique
Jun 23, 2010, 06:15 PM
500 angry people vs 30 security

Good times. :)

so I went today again to get the whole story. The guy at apple said that the doors at da food court open at 5 am. And no camping. Lol.

JZ Wire
Jun 23, 2010, 06:17 PM

Trust me, eveyone has a different story. Your best bet is to just not get there at 7am sharp. Of course, the earlier the better. Especially if you are interested in getting out quick.

Not to mention that the first couple of people are usually the luckiest because, remember, At&t's servers are going to get hammered to death with everyone and their mother trying to activate a new iphone 4.
During the 3G's launch At&t's system went down and I was stuck at the Falls for a few hours.

gadget88
Jun 23, 2010, 06:44 PM
Called Aventura apple and talked to the manager, The mall doors will open at 6AM, store opens at 7AM. There will be two lines, one for reservation and one for walk ins. If you have a reservation, your phone will be held for you for the whole day. Make sure to bring your reservation email with you. Door by the cheesecake factory is the closest to the store and that will be open at 6am so i will be there. All this info came from the manager directly..

trua
Jun 23, 2010, 06:55 PM
Good times. :)

so I went today again to get the whole story. The guy at apple said that the doors at da food court open at 5 am. And no camping. Lol.

i'll be there between 3-4

when i called earlier, i asked can we wait outside before the doors open, and they told me you can not wait inside the mall but you could in the garage.

deannnnn
Jun 23, 2010, 07:36 PM
Lincoln Rd is DEFINITELY the best place to go if you don't have a reservation. They always get more phones. I was there today and there is already a line, posted about it here:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=10291384

I have a reservation and decided to go with Aventura. I need that A/C :)

dabunique
Jun 23, 2010, 07:58 PM
Lincoln Rd is DEFINITELY the best place to go if you don't have a reservation. They always get more phones. I was there today and there is already a line, posted about it here:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=10291384

I have a reservation and decided to go with Aventura. I need that A/C :)

People gonna drop dead of a heat stroke. :(

trua
Jun 23, 2010, 08:01 PM

dont forget the rain

dabunique
Jun 23, 2010, 08:02 PM
dont forget the rain

nah they too close to the coast. it rains inland
they dropping like flies lol

MikeL21
Jun 23, 2010, 08:19 PM
i'll be there between 3-4

when i called earlier, i asked can we wait outside before the doors open, and they told me you can not wait inside the mall but you could in the garage.

Who told you we can camp out in the garage? That would be awesome... less chances of getting hit by oncoming traffic! lmao

trua
Jun 23, 2010, 08:22 PM
Who told you we can camp out in the garage? That would be awesome... less chances of getting hit by oncoming traffic! lmao

some lady that answer phone at dadeland

if they kick me out i have plenty of gas to circle the mall for couple hours if not watch i'll just watch avatar in my car.

dabunique
Jun 23, 2010, 08:36 PM
I think this is gonna be fun

MikeL21
Jun 23, 2010, 08:38 PM
some lady that answer phone at dadeland

if they kick me out i have plenty of gas to circle the mall for couple hours if not watch i'll just watch avatar in my car.

If they kick me out of the garage, I'll conveniently break down on the public road behind dadeland that's close to the food court... My bro will be with me and he'll miraculously fix the car once 5AM rolls around hahahaha

deannnnn
Jun 23, 2010, 08:49 PM

Haha I saw them setting up fans today. Good luck to anyone brave enough to try it surviving it!

dizzy13
Jun 23, 2010, 09:30 PM
Went to the Apple store at the falls and they weren't sure if the mall was going to open at 5 or 6 am. So I would aim for 5.

DJ88
Jun 23, 2010, 10:16 PM
Does anyone know if Apple stores are going to let people buy more than one phone, and at no commitment price?

I'm planning on buying one with my upgrade price, and one at no commitment price, but I'm still not sure if they'll let me do this.

I wanna be sure before I head up to the mall tonight.

HiDEF
Jun 23, 2010, 10:43 PM
Can't sleep so decided to post. I'll be at the falls at 5am but I was watching channel 7, and they said that the Lincoln road store will open at 7am but only for those who have reservations and pre orders, walk-in will have to wait till 10am, when the store open, to buy the phone. Is this the case for all apple stores including the falls???

dizzy13
Jun 23, 2010, 10:50 PM
Can't sleep so decided to post. I'll be at the falls at 5am but I was watching channel 7, and they said that the Lincoln road store will open at 7am but only for those who have reservations and pre orders, walk-in will have to wait till 10am, when the store open, to buy the phone. Is this the case for all apple stores including the falls???

From what I saw when I went to Miami Beach for the 3GS last year, they were letting in preorders first, and then regular line after.

Some dude had been out there since 10pm the night before and we got there around 4am and got to skip him :)

HiDEF
Jun 23, 2010, 10:55 PM
I'll risk it and show up at 5am. Hopefully, they'll be selling phones at 7am. I'll keep everyone posted. Guess I should hit the sack, gotta make alin in a few hours. Maybe starbucks will be open at that time. can I be so lucky? Maybe.

JZ Wire
Jun 24, 2010, 01:51 AM
Well, i got to Dadeland at 1:20am. There is a pretty big line, 100+. :eek: We are all out here behind the mall waiting to get in.
Security said that they would open the doors at 5am so everyone is keeping busy with their laptops, iPhones, chatting, listening to music, etc.
Still three hours to go. . . .

Blaunerts
Jun 24, 2010, 02:17 AM
Well, i got to Dadeland at 1:20am. There is a pretty big line, 100+. :eek: We are all out here behind the mall waiting to get in.
Security said that they would open the doors at 5am so everyone is keeping busy with their laptops, iPhones, chatting, listening to music, etc.
Still three hours to go. . . .

****! I was planning on leaving soon but now im worried about not getting a phone since theres over 100 in line :( I don't know if I should take the risk of waiting that long and not getting one!

JZ Wire
Jun 24, 2010, 02:39 AM
****! I was planning on leaving soon but now im worried about not getting a phone since theres over 100 in line :( I don't know if I should take the risk of waiting that long and not getting one!

If you have it reserved then you should be fine. If you didn't then you better come quick. They should have plent of phones for the walk-ins but the line is getting longer so I'd hurry. Good luck!

hchavarria
Jun 24, 2010, 02:40 AM

I just passed by but there are so many people I didn't want to take the risk.

jlsm511
Jun 24, 2010, 02:42 AM
any idea how the line is at the falls??

Munitalp
Jun 24, 2010, 02:45 AM
The line of people in Fort Lauderdale is huge too

dabunique
Jun 24, 2010, 03:15 AM
Damn over a hundred people
I need to hurry up and get over there LOL

dabunique
Jun 24, 2010, 03:47 AM
The line is over 300 people here. People r in good spirits but cops are gettin nasty with them.

dabunique
Jun 24, 2010, 03:52 AM
Mad dash to the food court door. People are screaming and cops are ready to arrest people.

dabunique
Jun 24, 2010, 03:54 AM
Everybody has now gone back to the streets to wait in line again. WTF is happenin here?

dach2k3
Jun 24, 2010, 04:04 AM
Thanks for the updates. Am curious to here how many peopleare in the reserve line when things settle down.

dabunique
Jun 24, 2010, 04:11 AM
People fighting with cops now. It's gettin real ugly.

Mike84
Jun 24, 2010, 04:17 AM
Good luck! I remember what this was like when I lived in Miami.

dizzy13
Jun 24, 2010, 04:19 AM
Falls

Looks 300+ for the regular line and 100+ reserve line.

dabunique
Jun 24, 2010, 04:24 AM
So we broken into two lines. I'm probably number 80 in reserve. Cops are fighting with line skippers. The line for no reserves is huge.

miguelq
Jun 24, 2010, 04:25 AM
Falls

Looks 300+ for the regular line and 100+ reserve line.

Sucks if you don't have a reservation. Probably 30 people in front of me... Hope I am done by 9am..

Surprised that the falls was so organized.

HiDEF
Jun 24, 2010, 04:35 AM
Got here at the Falls at 5am and there was prob like 200 ppl waiting in line but it's gotten worst. Keep ya posted!

dabunique
Jun 24, 2010, 04:41 AM
So now I have been pushed back cuz there was another line at the opposite of the mall who didn't know they were. People r mad.

Mike84
Jun 24, 2010, 04:45 AM
I have been looking at some pictures of lines at dadeland and it looks crazy.

dabunique
Jun 24, 2010, 04:47 AM
I have been looking at some pictures of lines at dadeland and it looks crazy.

Hell Fu<k yes it's krazy.

Mike84
Jun 24, 2010, 04:50 AM
Hell Fu<k yes it's krazy.

How many people are standing in line now? Are you one that has a reservation or is taking your chances in trying to get an iPhone on launch?

dabunique
Jun 24, 2010, 04:58 AM
How many people are standing in line now? Are you one that has a reservation or is taking your chances in trying to get an iPhone on launch?

I got a reservation. 200 in reservation. 500 others prayin to get an iPhone.

dach2k3
Jun 24, 2010, 05:01 AM
There are two lines here at dadeland. Honestly they look equal in length. 300+ and we are outside, though they have let some people in at least. Everything seems very unorganized. Looks like they are letting about 20 at a time into the mall.

dabunique
Jun 24, 2010, 05:06 AM
There are two lines here at dadeland. Honestly they look equal in length. 300+ and we are outside, though they have let some people in at least. Everything seems very unorganized.

Very unorganized. I'm jus sitting on da ground prayin to get in. It's soooo hot in da garage.

Munitalp
Jun 24, 2010, 05:09 AM
They just showed Dadeland pictures on NBC6 they said they have called in more cops for crowd control... lol.

dabunique
Jun 24, 2010, 05:16 AM
Unconfirmed reports r sayin there are over 4000 people in Aventura. OMFG

dach2k3
Jun 24, 2010, 05:19 AM
Honestly. There are people in these lines that probably shouldn't be spending $200+ on a phone. I am about to enter the garage. It is cool & breezy on the back street.

Munitalp
Jun 24, 2010, 05:21 AM
They showed Lincoln Road, lots of people there but it doesn't look crazy at all... I think the Malls are a lot crazier.

GilsMethod
Jun 24, 2010, 05:30 AM
I am standing here in line. Apparently for every 10 customers that have a reservation, there is one iPhone 4 for one who doesn't.

GilsMethod
Jun 24, 2010, 05:32 AM
Reservations will move 7-8 times faster than walk-INS-Apple Employee.

There are 3 waiting areas: outside the mall, inside the mall, and at the store

Munitalp
Jun 24, 2010, 05:34 AM
NBC6 @ Lincoln Road just reports that the store there says they have nowhere near enough iPhones for everyone in line... everyone looks sick thats waiting now lol

GilsMethod
Jun 24, 2010, 05:37 AM
Two lines behind me.

dach2k3
Jun 24, 2010, 05:37 AM
The guy from the apple store came out to explain that in dadeland there are 4 line holding areas: outside, then 3 more areas inside before you get to the store. My estimate is that there are over 400 now in reserved. The end of the line hasn't moved position since I got here at 5:30 so they are letting people in the mall at about the same rate as arrivals.

dabunique
Jun 24, 2010, 05:41 AM
I'm in front of the line waitin to get in da mall.

GilsMethod
Jun 24, 2010, 05:46 AM
I stand corrected there are 4 holding areas at dadeland as previous poster confirmed.

GilsMethod
Jun 24, 2010, 05:48 AM
A few more pictures

dach2k3
Jun 24, 2010, 05:53 AM
The outside line for reserve is now longer than for walkin. I am about 1/3 of the way through the garage. No breeze.

dabunique
Jun 24, 2010, 05:55 AM
I'm da last reservation guy let into da mall. They are packed inside.

GilsMethod
Jun 24, 2010, 05:58 AM
Almost inside the mall.

maddman420
Jun 24, 2010, 06:02 AM
Did everyone who pre-ordered for pick-up get an email? I know I pre-ordered for Dadeland but never got an email. I just don't wanna head down there for nothing

GilsMethod
Jun 24, 2010, 06:03 AM
Apple Employees just came out to cheer the crowd.

Munitalp
Jun 24, 2010, 06:07 AM
Lincoln Road is packed, line goes all the way around the block and into the street behind the store

GilsMethod
Jun 24, 2010, 06:08 AM
A cop I just spoke to told me that the reserve line is longer.

GilsMethod
Jun 24, 2010, 06:12 AM
Did everyone who pre-ordered for pick-up get an email? I know I pre-ordered for Dadeland but never got an email. I just don't wanna head down there for nothing

Yes. I have my copy with me. You didn't get one when you pre-ordered?

maddman420
Jun 24, 2010, 06:19 AM
Yes. I have my copy with me. You didn't get one when you pre-ordered?
Nope. I know I got to a confirmation page saying something like "See you there" with a picture of an apple store...but no email

GilsMethod
Jun 24, 2010, 06:21 AM
Nope. I know I got to a confirmation page saying something like "See you there" with a picture of an apple store...but no email

I got an e-mail confirmation and a reminder. Perhaps you should call the Apple store, though I am sure you'd wait a while on the line to get a hold of someone.

gadget88
Jun 24, 2010, 06:25 AM
at aventura. Lines are crazy. More than 2000 ppl easily. But if you have a reservation, you will get one.

Munitalp
Jun 24, 2010, 06:26 AM
2000 people in line :eek:

gadget88
Jun 24, 2010, 06:30 AM
ya but reservation line is moving quick

JZ Wire
Jun 24, 2010, 06:34 AM
Wow, Dadeland was crazy. The past events at the Falls were bad but Dadeland makes the Falls look like a walk in the park! People rushing to the entrance then the cops pushing people back.
It was unfair that I and others as well were waiting here since early and yet others that just arrived were placed in front. I was soooo pissed!
At least im inside now in front of the Apple store about to go in soon.
Good luck to all you other people.

dach2k3
Jun 24, 2010, 06:34 AM
30 min and things are looking very slow. I have only seen three people walk out with phones. Activation issues?

gadget88
Jun 24, 2010, 06:35 AM
there are apple guys coming to verify the reservation

GilsMethod
Jun 24, 2010, 06:41 AM
Update:

Water bottles given.

AT&T bill needs to be current in order to get the new iPhone 4.

Edit: only if it is past due, you will not get it.

gadget88
Jun 24, 2010, 06:44 AM
wow they could not find my name on the list. They asked for my confirmation. Glad i had that with me.

GilsMethod
Jun 24, 2010, 06:46 AM
If only they were handing out free iPhone 4s. Instead, they are handing out these:

GilsMethod
Jun 24, 2010, 06:48 AM
Finally in the mall.

GilsMethod
Jun 24, 2010, 06:56 AM
Inside mall. Apple checking in

dabunique
Jun 24, 2010, 07:04 AM
I'm 10 people away from gettin in da store.

NyArtboy
Jun 24, 2010, 07:08 AM
Is anyone at the Falls?! How are the lines there?

dizzy13
Jun 24, 2010, 08:25 AM
Is anyone at the Falls?! How are the lines there?

Back home from the falls, line was pretty crazy. They cut off the walk up line at Fridays and told them they weren't getting a phone today.

maddman420
Jun 24, 2010, 08:41 AM
Anyone having reception issues or yellow spots in their display? A lot of buzz on forums and blogs about it.

dach2k3
Jun 24, 2010, 09:21 AM
Once i got in dadeland, i was into the apple store in about 35 minutes and then i was out of the apple store in another 20 min or so. I had to activate 2 phones. All in all it was very smooth once i was in the store. the wait outside was longer than i would have liked.

i just got to work and immediately downloaded a flashlight app. I notice no yellow spots nor a yellow strip on my screen.

the display definately looks beautiful. I am anxious to receive my wrapsol. I am somewhat nervous about scratches.

Someone in line was offering $1,000 per phone cash per phone. He said he was from Brazil and had flown in specifically to buy iphones.

GilsMethod
Jun 24, 2010, 09:22 AM
Anyone having reception issues or yellow spots in their display? A lot of buzz on forums and blogs about it.

No display issues yet, still syncing my apps to the phone so I can't speak for reception.

Warning to those of you without a confirmation email. There was a guy standing behind me who never received the confirmation email, just the reminder and he was not in the system when they where checking in people so they told him that he as better off leaving because they would turn him right around when he tried to make the purchase...so make sure to verify before you stand in line for hours.

BTW I got to Dadeland mall at 5:10 AM and walked out with the iPhone @ 8:30AM so three hours total.

JZ Wire
Jun 24, 2010, 09:29 AM
What a hectic day. Dadeland was an uncoordinated mess that made other past Apple events look like a day at Disney World. Thankfully I was close to the front and made it inside the Apple store pretty quickly.
There was a huge line of people who did not reserve an iPhone and to be honest, im not sure if they will all get one.
The line for reserves was just as big so i hope those that are waiting and have been waiting will get an iPhone today.

So far, im loving my iPhone 4! The screen is absolutely beautiful and sharp. The phone is speedy, thin, and feel like a sturdy well built machine. Even as the tiredness creeps over me and the heaviness in my eyes, I can't wait to put the iPhone through it's paces.

I hope you are all enjoying the new iphone as much as I am! :)

Munitalp
Jun 24, 2010, 09:41 AM
Aventura is total madness. If you don't have a reservation be prepared to stay the rest of the day. There are TONS of walkins and their line ain't moving at all.

Munitalp
Jun 24, 2010, 10:35 AM
The Aventura Apple store is done taking walk-ins and they are cutting the end of the line piece by piece by giving out reservations for two weeks. They are almost sold out.

Blaunerts
Jun 24, 2010, 10:46 AM
Dadeland was a mess!! I waited 6 hours and then when I finally got in the mall they told me it was sold out! WTF :mad:

They were so unorganized before 5am and there was mosh of people screaming, etc. never again

Im just going to wait for the white iPhone. Screw all this ********

JZ Wire
Jun 24, 2010, 11:19 AM
Dadeland was a mess!! I waited 6 hours and then when I finally got in the mall they told me it was sold out! WTF :mad:

They were so unorganized before 5am and there was mosh of people screaming, etc. never again

Im just going to wait for the white iPhone. Screw all this ********

Sorry to hear you didnt get your iphone. Really the best way to be sure you were going to get one today was to reserve it. The line for reserved iphones was very big and just by looking at it I knew there would be very few iphones for those that were just walking in.

Keep trying and good luck. Trust me, this new iphone is so worth the wait.

dabunique
Jun 24, 2010, 12:28 PM
so I rushed home and uploaded all my info and apops and music
i'm likin it alot
I need to get a case once i get off of work

hchavarria
Jun 24, 2010, 10:08 PM
Anyone think there will be some tomorrow?

HiDEF
Jun 25, 2010, 07:16 AM
Next day.

Writing to you from my new iPhone 4! I waited 12 hrs at the falls. The staff at the store could have handle the line slightly better but over overall the experience wasn't a nightmare like some have describe. As of matter of fact, apple was handing out umbrellas, personal fans, AND fed us! Yes, fed us! Lol, they ordered pizza for everyone that was there in line. It was a sweet gesture from apple. And met some cool ppl while waiting.

However, I wont wait another 12hrs for a phone again. I was tired and cranky but apple and the ppl around us were great.

Last note, the phone is really nice! The display is crips and beautiful. Go and get yours! Where ever available.

HiDEF
Jun 25, 2010, 07:22 AM
P.s. I also heard dadeland was a mess!! In all honesty, I've always preferred Falls over Dadeland when it comes to Apple store. Just my 2 cents

Munitalp
Jun 25, 2010, 08:49 AM
Apple Store at the Galleria in Fort Lauderdale had about 75 iPhones this morning (only 32GB models). I walked in and got one more within less than 45 mins.

danrod43
Jun 28, 2010, 10:00 AM
Anyone still out there looking for one? I'm still relying on a random shipment at a random store but if you're lookin around and hear/see any tips, post them here please :D

maddman420
Jun 28, 2010, 01:30 PM
Anyone going to be waiting in line at the AT&T store in Coral Gables? I called them for information and told me they were opening at 7AM, and don't know the amount of units they're going to receive. He also told me they will be expecting lines, so I'm thinking of getting there no later than 1AM.

LARQ1
Jun 29, 2010, 06:41 AM
Can anyone please report on the lines at ATT stores today...PLEASE !!!!

dnabb
Jun 29, 2010, 10:46 AM
Went to ATT store in Tamarac at 6:30am...40 people already were in line, and the ATT people said this was going to be the quiet store...20 people in and they were completely out of 32 gig I4s...10 more people in and they were out of all I4s...but they are getting more later today. They let us reserve 16 gig I4s for pickup later today. Im going to return it for a 32 gig sometime in the next 30 days. At 7am they started handing out water to the crowd in line which was nice.

OrtegaJ
Jul 3, 2010, 03:19 PM
Any news on the priority list in the Miami, Fort Lauderdale area?

photogpab
Jul 4, 2010, 01:02 PM
has anyone tried putting themselves on these waiting lists? went to the apple store on Lincoln and was told i need to add myself to a wait list. but they had no idea how long the wait might be.