PDA

View Full Version : Smith Haven Mall - NY

EarthDawn
Jun 8, 2010, 12:03 AM
Not sure if I should try the Pre-order this time around....

Last year I made it there around 10am and the wait was only about 1/2 an hour and they had plenty.... Also the AT&T in the same mall also had a good amount thought they were out of the 16gig white.

Anyone else going ?

Atomicfission92
Jun 8, 2010, 01:51 AM
Not sure if I should try the Pre-order this time around....

Last year I made it there around 10am and the wait was only about 1/2 an hour and they had plenty.... Also the AT&T in the same mall also had a good amount thought they were out of the 16gig white.

Anyone else going ?

I may be going to Smithhaven. I am probably going to preorder though. If not I am going to a local AT&T store, I have been doing this for the last 2 years and I haven't waited longer then 30 minutes after the doors open.

samven582
Jun 16, 2010, 09:25 AM
I will be there :D

joeflippo
Jun 18, 2010, 07:26 PM
Didn't pre-order, but I plan on being at Smithhaven in the wee hours.
you guys think they'll have phones available if you didn't pre-order?
I hope so!!!

NYR99
Jun 18, 2010, 09:29 PM
My dad and I will both be there. We both have preorders and plan on arriving around 6:15am.

celtickuja
Jun 19, 2010, 06:23 AM
I've got a preorder in here. Was there yesterday and someone at the Genius Bar said they'd have two lines, one for preorders and one for non, and that both lines would get some number of phones. So basically, get there early enough and you will get one.

samven582
Jun 20, 2010, 10:26 AM
what time are you guys are going to be there? I should be there around 5:15 a.m.

Cjleone
Jun 21, 2010, 10:45 AM
I was thinking of going to the AT&T by the mall in Lake Grove at 7:15am after I get my son ready for day care. Does anyone think it is worth going or foolish at that time?

iKatz
Jun 21, 2010, 11:21 AM
I have a reserve, not pre-order. And i will be there at about 6:00am. I am guessing the pre-order line will be for reseves too, i hope lol.

etunes
Jun 22, 2010, 07:01 PM
will there be anybody there before 4am

Savage
Jun 22, 2010, 07:26 PM
will there be anybody there before 4amI plan on going around midnight or so to see the size of the line. I really hope it isn't an intense line. But I want to be super precocious because I have no pre-order and I need two phones. Does anyone know how it works here? Like, do you wait outside the mall or will the doors be open near the Apple wing to let us wait right outside the store?

EarthDawn
Jun 23, 2010, 12:19 AM
I plan on going around midnight or so to see the size of the line. I really hope it isn't an intense line. But I want to be super precocious because I have no pre-order and I need two phones. Does anyone know how it works here? Like, do you wait outside the mall or will the doors be open near the Apple wing to let us wait right outside the store?

not sure where they will have the line start but i think ill do a drive by as well to see when and where the line is starting...

solidsnake32292
Jun 23, 2010, 12:32 AM
Hey guys so ya I'm excited!! I'll be there around like 5ish and hopefully be able to get my gf up early enough haha but where do we line up?? Near the entrance at cheesecake factory side outside or will the mall be open somewhere?? And I don't have a pre order or reserve so hope to be near front of the line to get mine!!

Photogmatt
Jun 23, 2010, 06:35 AM
I'll be there, reservation thankfully. :) I'm interested also to know what doors they open? I was at Walt Whitman for the 3G launch and nobody knew which door it was. Thankfully I was at the right door. I hope to get to Smith Haven about 5:45. I wish I could go later, but I have to be out ASAP.

Photogmatt
Jun 23, 2010, 03:24 PM
FYI, I called the store and they think most likely by the bus stops is the door that will be open for the line. Hopefully they're right.

EarthDawn
Jun 23, 2010, 10:53 PM
FYI, I called the store and they think most likely by the bus stops is the door that will be open for the line. Hopefully they're right.

That would make the most sence...

I just hope its not total chaos there :rolleyes:

Savage
Jun 24, 2010, 12:04 AM
I got here at midnight to see a sign on the door that says they are only giving out phones to the people who pre-ordered for now...

EarthDawn
Jun 24, 2010, 12:19 AM
I got here at midnight to see a sign on the door that says they are only giving out phones to the people who pre-ordered for now...

Well that saved me a trip.... Thanks... I think

Contegni
Jun 24, 2010, 12:25 AM

was there a line when you got there? i'm planning on going sometime between 5:30-6:00

ItouchMe
Jun 24, 2010, 01:35 AM
~100 ppl on no reserve line. ~ 20 on reserve line

f00f
Jun 24, 2010, 01:44 AM
~100 ppl on no reserve line. ~ 20 on reserve line

Are you on the reserve or no-reserve line? I'm @ the end of the no-reserve line with my lady :D. According to the guy at the front of the line, who got here at 1015, we shoulda got here *before* 1015 hahaha

ItouchMe
Jun 24, 2010, 01:53 AM
Are you on the reserve or no-reserve line? I'm @ the end of the no-reserve line with my lady :D. According to the guy at the front of the line, who got here at 1015, we shoulda got here *before* 1015 hahaha

I have a reservation but I'm hanging out with my buddies on the no reserve line cause I have no rush to jump on the reserve line

f00f
Jun 24, 2010, 01:53 AM

Only true for the AT&T store. Apple store will handle non-reserve sales in addition to reserved sales. AT&T store is not selling iPhones other than those that have been pre-sold.

About 100 people on the non-reserve line so far.

Photogmatt
Jun 24, 2010, 03:38 AM
Line update? And are you guys in the mall? I can't believe people have been there all night… wow.

ReenyJM
Jun 24, 2010, 04:17 AM
Line update? And are you guys in the mall? I can't believe people have been there all night… wow.

Yoyo!

"f00f" and I just moved from our spot. The doors will open (to the mall) in 10 minutes. Then the store will open at 7am.

Hopefully it won't be that long.

Photogmatt
Jun 24, 2010, 05:00 AM
Yoyo!

"f00f" and I just moved from our spot. The doors will open (to the mall) in 10 minutes. Then the store will open at 7am.

Hopefully it won't be that long.

I
On the res line about 50 in front of me. If u don't have a res don't bother coming. Res line stretches to dicks now. Non res don't know where it stops.

kjs862
Jun 24, 2010, 08:40 AM
Anyone know how long they are going to be holding our reserves? I mean I was thinking of showing up at 1pm to let things calm down a little.

f00f
Jun 24, 2010, 10:42 AM
Anyone know how long they are going to be holding our reserves? I mean I was thinking of showing up at 1pm to let things calm down a little.

Any time today before the store closes, but it must be today else you forfeit your reservation.

I and my fiancé were on the no reserve line since 2am. Finally gave up at 11am & left with no phones. The no reserve line didn't seem to move. Honestly the whole process was slow as **** because there were too many store employees *outside* the store, handing out drinks and snacks, instead of inside selling and activating phones.

This is my first and last Apple product launch experience at Smithhaven, without a reservation anyway.

Passels
Jun 24, 2010, 12:00 PM
Whole process was slow! Got there at 5:45 and got my iPhone at 9:15 (with reservations). The problem is that the apple employee's didn't rush you out the door, which in my opinion is a good and bad thing. Customer service is great, but we also understand that the line is wrapped around the building.

Anyways, Lovin' the iPhone 4! I guess in the end it was worth it... sorry to all you who waited on line with no reservations, they really weren't helping you guys.

ReenyJM
Jun 24, 2010, 12:11 PM
Anyways, Lovin' the iPhone 4! I guess in the end it was worth it... sorry to all you who waited on line with no reservations, they really weren't helping you guys.

They were certainly not making it easy for those without pre-orders. It was annoying, but as I told "f00f," It was an adventure. Met some cool people on the line...but we will NEVER do it again. Pre-order & delivered to the house the next time around!

Now we both wait for the July 14th batch when both of our iPhones will ship. :D

~Reeny

EarthDawn
Jun 24, 2010, 12:22 PM
Any updates ????

I hear the walt Whitman mall has stopped walkins till 8am tomorrow

NYR99
Jun 24, 2010, 12:58 PM
Whole process was slow! Got there at 5:45 and got my iPhone at 9:15 (with reservations). The problem is that the apple employee's didn't rush you out the door, which in my opinion is a good and bad thing. Customer service is great, but we also understand that the line is wrapped around the building.

There's no way you were out the door at 9:15. I got in line at 5:50 and was out the door at 10:50. What do you look like? Maybe I saw you. I was the big tall guy with the HTC Evo (which I will be happily returning tomorrow) wearing a Yankees shirt.

EarthDawn
Jun 24, 2010, 01:25 PM
Anymore updates ???

Looking to hear about walkins....

Thanks !

Passels
Jun 24, 2010, 02:07 PM
There's no way you were out the door at 9:15. I got in line at 5:50 and was out the door at 10:50. What do you look like? Maybe I saw you. I was the big tall guy with the HTC Evo (which I will be happily returning tomorrow) wearing a Yankees shirt.

Let me guess, you were outside when the store actually opened? I was one of the last people to get let in the mall before the store opened. The next group didn't come in til like 7:25. Come to think of it in 5 minutes there was a huge line behind me... I guess i lucked out. Sorry it took you so long....

f00f
Jun 24, 2010, 02:11 PM
Anymore updates ???

Looking to hear about walkins....

Thanks !

Nothing good to say about walk-ins. Had a beyond foul experience with that, having been on line for 9 hours with no joy. However if you have boobs and a pretty face it may help. Seriously! There was a blonde girl who weaseled her way from the back to nearly the front of the walk-in line and was out with a phone by like 9am.

If the reservers don't come in by close-of-business to pick up their phones, those phones become free game tomorrow at 8. Folks can opt to put their name on the "priority" list to be notified when the phones become available again (ie when the next shipment comes in). This was basically a ploy to appease the walk-in people who were pretty damn certain they weren't walking out with a phone.

The Apple store reps refused to give us an idea of how many phones they had in stock. They were secretive about those numbers & I can't fathom why. All they'd say was that the reservers had priority. Um yeah, no kidding.

Ah well, waiting for the July 14th batch now.

NYR99
Jun 25, 2010, 03:00 AM
Let me guess, you were outside when the store actually opened? I was one of the last people to get let in the mall before the store opened. The next group didn't come in til like 7:25. Come to think of it in 5 minutes there was a huge line behind me... I guess i lucked out. Sorry it took you so long....

Ya, I wasn't in the first group. I'm just surprised that 5-10 minutes would make such a difference. It's all good now. I met some nice people on the line and I have my problem free iPhone. I'm happy. :D

PS: I knew the Evo sucked, but I didn't realize how much it sucked until I started using the iPhone.

EarthDawn
Jun 25, 2010, 09:06 PM
Anyone go there today ?

ReenyJM
Jun 25, 2010, 09:43 PM
Anyone go there today ?

f00f called the Apple Store for something else and inquired if there were any iPhones in stock, there was none to be had (at least according to the apple person he called.) I think he called in the late morning around 10-11am.

Also tried making an appointment for the Genius Bar and there was none.

-R

f00f
Jun 25, 2010, 09:54 PM
f00f called the Apple Store for something else and inquired if there were any iPhones in stock, there was none to be had (at least according to the apple person he called.) I think he called in the late morning around 10-11am.

Actually the Apple store called me because my iMac was in for repair and they were calling to let me know it was done. While I had the rep on the phone I asked if there were any iPhone 4s in stock and received a clear answer of "Nope. Sold out!"

That was around 11am or so. I did not expect them to have any iPhone 4 inventory at that time.

Also tried making an appointment for the Genius Bar and there was none.

Probably lots of people making appointments to ask YTF they can't keep a cell signal when they hold the phone a certain way. :(

At this point I'm kinda glad our phones are in the mid-July group. Hopefully the antenna nonsense gets worked out by then!

projectmk3
Oct 22, 2010, 12:05 AM
Hopefully the antenna nonsense gets worked out by then!

Just put a case on it.