PDA

View Full Version : Tampa, FL (International Mall)

vlj9r
Jun 8, 2010, 04:51 AM
See you all on the 24th.
Hopefully behind me. :D

Jerry

Anonymouslives
Jun 8, 2010, 06:35 PM
See you all on the 24th.
Hopefully behind me. :D

Jerry

I live in Brandon and will be going to the Brandon mall Apple store. Perhaps you should consider it, as it will likely be less hectic.

slippery-pete
Jun 9, 2010, 12:14 PM
Lined uped at all three iPhone release so far at International, no reason to change now

SethRogen
Jun 10, 2010, 10:44 PM
I'll be there too!
I am thinking about going a little insane this time and be in line at around midnight. :D

dyates0801
Jun 12, 2010, 08:07 AM
I might be there, but really thinking of just doing a Pre-Order and have it sent to my job.

LotuSviLLe
Jun 12, 2010, 10:05 PM
See you there + 1. ;]

Does anyone know if they actually let you wait inside the mall overnight or do you have to stand somewhere outside before they let you in when the mall normally opens?

SethRogen
Jun 14, 2010, 10:04 PM
What time does the line usually start at? I usually just go to the Apple Store in the morning iPhone/iPad launches. I am thinking this time I'll go a bit insane and go in line around 9 p.m-10 p.m on the 23rd.
I've never camped out before for the iPhone.
This year I am. Do you have to wait outside the mall or do you get to wait inside the mall (in front of the Apple Store or the hallway where the lines usually are)?
Also, Security is there the whole night, right?

SethRogen
Jun 16, 2010, 09:59 AM
Any Tampa folks know?

iJC-1976
Jun 16, 2010, 10:03 AM
I've never camped out before for the iPhone.
This year I am. Do you have to wait outside the mall or do you get to wait inside the mall (in front of the Apple Store or the hallway where the lines usually are)?
Also, Security is there the whole night, right?

I was there for the WiFi iPad :D launch and you will have to wait outside the mall on the sidewalk near the mall entrance. My buddy and I got there around 4ish and there was Security patrolling the area. Apple :apple: also had Chick-Fil-A there providing free bottled water and coffee for those waiting in line. :cool:
Once the store opened, the Apple employees lined us up into two lines, one for pre-orders and one for walk-ins. We were both walk-ins and were 6th and 7th in line. The whole process moved pretty quickly after that. I believe I was in the store and out with my iPad in about 20 minutes.

jbennardo
Jun 18, 2010, 10:23 AM
Glad I found this thread! I'll see you all on 6/24 at 6 or 7... I haven't done a launch event since the Panther release so I'm kind of looking forward to it in some weird way.

Anonymouslives
Jun 18, 2010, 10:40 AM
Glad I found this thread! I'll see you all on 6/24 at 6 or 7... I haven't done a launch event since the Panther release so I'm kind of looking forward to it in some weird way.

I'm going to be at the brandon mall, first ever release event for me. What happens if you're in line and have to go potty?

jbennardo
Jun 18, 2010, 10:54 AM
I'm going to be at the brandon mall, first ever release event for me. What happens if you're in line and have to go potty?

1. Hold it
2. Get a doctor friend to write you a script for Flomax
3. Make a Texas catheter
:D

nfl46
Jun 18, 2010, 03:46 PM
I'll be here, but it won't be in the morning, though. Lol. :apple:

vlj9r
Jun 18, 2010, 05:52 PM
1. Hold it
2. Get a doctor friend to write you a script for Flomax
3. Make a Texas catheter
:D

Texas catheter?
WIMP!
Go with the Foley catheter!:eek:

I'm only kidding.:D

warr1979
Jun 18, 2010, 09:25 PM
So we should take a count for tampa international cause ill be there looking to get there around 4 but if someone is going early can get a count on the line ill give you my number or pingchat tag and ill go earlier ?!?! Let me know!!

JasonH
Jun 18, 2010, 11:00 PM
I'll be there around 6am.

psymac
Jun 18, 2010, 11:35 PM
Anyone know if wifi will be available while waiting outside the mall?

I think for restroom breaks, bring some empty soda bottles (or jars) and leave in your car.

warr1979
Jun 18, 2010, 11:49 PM
Anyone know if wifi will be available while waiting outside the mall?

I think for restroom breaks, bring some empty soda bottles (or jars) and leave in your car.

Jars are good for guys what about the ladies....lol

warr1979
Jun 18, 2010, 11:50 PM
I'll be there around 6am.

Yoo you got ping chat im going to be there at 4 if the line is getting big i can ping you if a few of us stick together we can get there early enough!!

psymac
Jun 18, 2010, 11:54 PM
Jars are good for guys what about the ladies....lol

Large jars then for the ladies?

raeingoth
Jun 19, 2010, 01:01 AM
Texas catheter?
WIMP!

Foley catheter?
WIMP!
Go with an ileostomy and nephrostomy! ;)

slippery-pete
Jun 19, 2010, 06:31 AM
Been there for the previous iPhone releases. You'll line up outside. They bring by plenty of water and coffee. Also, they had about 3-4 porta-poties in the parking lot, no need for jars/bottles/cans:D

They will have 2 lines; one for people with reservations and the other for people without.

My previous experiences have been very positive

psymac
Jun 19, 2010, 08:10 AM
Been there for the previous iPhone releases. You'll line up outside. They bring by plenty of water and coffee. Also, they had about 3-4 porta-poties in the parking lot, no need for jars/bottles/cans:D

They will have 2 lines; one for people with reservations and the other for people without.

Did the reserved line go pretty well? I'm hoping to done by noon, but not sure how soon to get there, 7am or much sooner.

jbennardo
Jun 19, 2010, 09:58 AM
Texas catheter?
WIMP!

Haha... I plan on strategic bathroom breaks. If I lay off the coffee I should be fine.

Looking forward to meeting you all. I'll be happy to hold your place in the reserved line while you drain your weasel. ;)

warr1979
Jun 19, 2010, 10:01 AM
There's always the bathroom rule you go then your place in line is held you cant stop nature dont want no one dropping dead of urine poisoning ...lol

jbennardo
Jun 19, 2010, 10:03 AM
There's always the bathroom rule you go then your place in line is held you cant stop nature dont want no one dropping dead of urine poisoning ...lol

Yeah, I figured but I thought I'd make sure you all know you can count on me. If you're as crazy as me and willing to get up early for an iPhone then it's the least I can do. No back rubs though.

robbfladry
Jun 19, 2010, 10:33 AM
I'll be at the Brandon Mall sometime in the night.. let me know if we should start a meetup for the Brandon mall or if we can just extend from the Tampa post...

hansenc
Jun 19, 2010, 10:37 AM
I'll be at the Brandon Mall sometime in the night.. let me know if we should start a meetup for the Brandon mall or if we can just extend from the Tampa post...

theres a thread for the brandon mall already

robbfladry
Jun 19, 2010, 10:38 AM
theres a thread for the brandon mall already

Whoops.. sorry.. didn't see it.. thanks.

Gators Fan
Jun 19, 2010, 11:29 AM
Any Tampa folks know?
A rep at the Int'l Mall Apple store explained it this way: The crowds will show up the night before, but will have to wait outside the mall until about 6 AM. The mall will then open and two lines will form, one for those with reservations, the other for those that are walk-ins. Processing will begin at 7 AM.

Depending on the size of the crowd, lines will form outside throughout the day, then allowed to enter to form again in front of the store. This helps maintain the normal mall flow of pedestrian traffic, and to provide adequate safety for all mall guests.

warr1979
Jun 19, 2010, 12:26 PM
A rep at the Int'l Mall Apple store explained it this way: The crowds will show up the night before, but will have to wait outside the mall until about 6 AM. The mall will then open and two lines will form, one for those with reservations, the other for those that are walk-ins. Processing will begin at 7 AM.

Depending on the size of the crowd, lines will form outside throughout the day, then allowed to enter to form again in front of the store. This helps maintain the normal mall flow of pedestrian traffic, and to provide adequate safety for all mall guests.

I know you wouldnt be able to get an answer but did you get an est. of how many iphones they expect to have ?!?!

slippery-pete
Jun 19, 2010, 02:20 PM
I know you wouldnt be able to get an answer but did you get an est. of how many iphones they expect to have ?!?!

My previous exp, they had plenty of phones to go around. Could be different this time, but I doubt it

Gators Fan
Jun 19, 2010, 04:29 PM
No, I never asked. Doubt the rep had any idea. They'll get what they get, and that'll be that. I have a phone reserved at the Brandon store, anyway.

BTW -- if you're thinking of going to the Brandon Apple store instead of the one in the trendier, friendlier and much, much nicer International Plaza: don't!

The Brandon Mall will have armed Sheriff's deputies with K-9 dogs sniffing for drugs, plus a lot of really strange guys who usually sleep in the woods and are known to bother young women, not to mention assorted bikers and militia types that carry concealed weapons and love to beat up on geeks. Avoid the Brandon Mall on June 24th -- go to the International Plaza (or even to Orlando).

LOL

warr1979
Jun 19, 2010, 05:14 PM
My previous exp, they had plenty of phones to go around. Could be different this time, but I doubt it

Yea I was there for the iphone 3g launch got there after work at 630p and got my phone at about 1130p besides the wait everything went good and they had plenty of phones.

AppleFreak89
Jun 20, 2010, 07:56 AM
I'll be there :D!

for ppl who have gone before, which parking lot is the best to go to?!?! the one with the port a poties and the one im guessing they open first...

is it the one closet to the apple store? (close to dillards?)
and on the first or second floor??

Gators Fan
Jun 20, 2010, 09:18 AM
I'll be there :D!

for ppl who have gone before, which parking lot is the best to go to?
Upper deck, east side entrance, southeast corner (near Dillards). Also, The line will form from the west entrance next to the Walking Store.

Where are the restrooms?
Restrooms are located:
Lower level in corridor between Fossil & PUMA
Upper level in Food Court Area
Inside Neiman Marcus,
Click here (http://www.shopinternationalplaza.com/IM/) for mall map

warr1979
Jun 20, 2010, 09:58 AM
Upper deck, east side entrance, southeast corner (near Dillards). Also, The line will form from the west entrance next to the Walking Store.

Where are the restrooms?
Restrooms are located:
Lower level in corridor between Fossil & PUMA
Upper level in Food Court Area
Inside Neiman Marcus,
Click here (http://www.shopinternationalplaza.com/IM/) for mall map

What time are you going to the international mall ??

Gators Fan
Jun 20, 2010, 10:23 AM
What time are you going to the international mall ?
I'll be @ Brandon, but, with a reservation, I'll get there when I get there, hope things go smoothly. Good luck to everyone. Enjoy the buzz. And. . . GO GATORS!

mypins
Jun 21, 2010, 05:04 AM
Dropping my wife off at work downtown and will arrive just before 7. Stood in line for the first gen iPhone launch while living in Indianapolis. Was 2nd in line there but not this time! Then you are all invited to the Sunshine Skyway for the official first gen iPhone burial at sea! :D

jbennardo
Jun 21, 2010, 10:00 AM
...you are all invited to the Sunshine Skyway for the official first gen iPhone burial at sea! :D

I took the day off so I could fully soak up any launch day shenanigans.. this sounds like it might be worth checking out :D

Make sure they don't call the fuzz thinking you are intending on throwing yourself off the bridge.

iJC-1976
Jun 21, 2010, 10:22 AM
I took the day off so I could fully soak up any launch day shenanigans.. this sounds like it might be worth checking out :D

Make sure they don't call the fuzz thinking you are intending on throwing yourself off the bridge.

Hahaha! Yeah, that would really put a damper on your day. What time will the Skyway event take place?

warr1979
Jun 21, 2010, 11:12 AM

What time are you going up im thinking like 4AM

jbennardo
Jun 21, 2010, 11:47 AM
What time are you going up im thinking like 4AM

I've got a reservation (for what that's worth) so I probably won't be there until 6am. I'm not looking to be first, just want to give myself a reasonable shot at getting a phone and kick it with some of you maniacs. ;)

weapons
Jun 21, 2010, 11:48 AM
I will be at International at 4am, with a reservation. Anyone else have a reserved phone?

jbennardo
Jun 21, 2010, 12:02 PM
I will be at International at 4am, with a reservation. Anyone else have a reserved phone?

Yup. I did it through Apple's website around 8am on the 15th - no problems. Confirmation email arrived about 45 min later. Eh, maybe I'll go early like you just for kicks.

EDIT: Just got an email from Apple reminding me not to forget to pick up my phone on the 24th. There was a special note apologizing for showing incorrect pricing on some confirmation emails and to check with AT&T to confirm your pricing.

jisaac
Jun 21, 2010, 12:03 PM
So I am wondering what my chances are of showing up on Thursday without a pre-order and walking away with a phone in Tampa.

Or am I better off to show up first thing on Friday in hopes some who reserved one didn't pick it up.

Thoughts?

SethRogen
Jun 21, 2010, 12:04 PM

Yes. I have a reservation and I am going to camp out.

warr1979
Jun 21, 2010, 12:07 PM
Im going without a pre-order as well picking up to but thats why im going in early ....I think they should have non-preorder phones since they will be two lines. I dont want to be first just want to have two :-D

weapons
Jun 21, 2010, 12:26 PM
Yup. I did it through Apple's website around 8am on the 15th - no problems. Confirmation email arrived about 45 min later. Eh, maybe I'll go early like you just for kicks.

EDIT: Just got an email from Apple reminding me not to forget to pick up my phone on the 24th. There was a special note apologizing for showing incorrect pricing on some confirmation emails and to check with AT&T to confirm your pricing.

Yeah me too. I am only going early just to see what the buzz is all about on release day. Should be fun.

jbennardo
Jun 21, 2010, 12:31 PM
So I am wondering what my chances are of showing up on Thursday without a pre-order and walking away with a phone in Tampa.

Or am I better off to show up first thing on Friday in hopes some who reserved one didn't pick it up.

Thoughts?

I think there will be stock for walk-ins so go for it! Worst case, you don't get one and you can try your Friday plan.

Im going without a pre-order as well picking up to but thats why im going in early ....I think they should have non-preorder phones since they will be two lines. I dont want to be first just want to have two :-D

Earlier the better, might as well give yourself the best chance.

jbennardo
Jun 21, 2010, 12:37 PM
Yeah me too. I am only going early just to see what the buzz is all about on release day. Should be fun.

I'm gonna finger paint my MR name on my iPad using Adobe Ideas and hold it up like those limo guys so you guys can say hey. :p

I went to the Panther release but that was at night. I got up early for Macworld San Francisco when they announced the switch to Intel. I was really tired all day but met a lot of great people. There's something fun about sharing this insanity with others.

tgaudmx5
Jun 22, 2010, 08:05 AM
Hi all,

Brand spankin' new to this whole thing (as in, I registered with this forum yesterday), but have been a closeted Apple freak for a while now. Looks like I'll be coming out on Thursday morning!

I have a reservation and hope to arrive at International Plaza at about 4am on launch day.

One Q: I see references to both the East and West entrances of the mall in this thread. Anyone prefer one over the other based on previous experiences? I know I won't be fully awake when I'm circling the parking lot so would appreciate any advice. You know, as a launch noob. :D

Thanks, and see you all Thursday!

warr1979
Jun 22, 2010, 08:10 AM
Hi all,

Brand spankin' new to this whole thing (as in, I registered with this forum yesterday), but have been a closeted Apple freak for a while now. Looks like I'll be coming out on Thursday morning!

I have a reservation and hope to arrive at International Plaza at about 4am on launch day.

One Q: I see references to both the East and West entrances of the mall in this thread. Anyone prefer one over the other based on previous experiences? I know I won't be fully awake when I'm circling the parking lot so would appreciate any advice. You know, as a launch noob. :D

Thanks, and see you all Thursday!

I park near the robert stuckey that side entrance is where the lines are next to the apple store.

psymac
Jun 22, 2010, 11:34 AM
I park near the robert stuckey that side entrance is where the lines are next to the apple store.

Thought we all would be parking next to the mall entrance near Dillards, and lining up outside until the store opens.

I called the store, they said, it's "going to be crazy" but they will have a lot of staff and will be moving people pretty quickly. He did say to get there early, and didn't disagree with me when I said I'll probably be camping out overnight.

Get your TV clothes on, I'm sure Bay News 9 will be there!

warr1979
Jun 22, 2010, 11:35 AM
Thought we all would be parking next to the mall entrance near Dillards, and lining up outside until the store opens.

I called the store, they said, it's "going to be crazy" but they will have a lot of staff and will be moving people pretty quickly. He did say to get there early, and didn't disagree with me when I said I'll probably be camping out overnight.

Get your TV clothes on, I'm sure Bay News 9 will be there!

When are you planning on going ?!?! I was thinking launch day 4am

jbennardo
Jun 22, 2010, 11:45 AM
Wow, looks like it may be an earlier day than I anticipated. :confused:

warr1979
Jun 22, 2010, 11:52 AM
Wow, looks like it may be an earlier day than I anticipated. :confused:

I need two of them cant mess around even though im not going to camp out a week early...lol

jbennardo
Jun 22, 2010, 11:57 AM
I need two of them cant mess around even though im not going to camp out a week early...lol

I have a reservation so while I'm not necessarily worried about getting one, it looks like most of the hijinks will be happening in the wee hours. I may just have to cowboy up and get there early.

warr1979
Jun 22, 2010, 12:01 PM
I have a reservation so while I'm not necessarily worried about getting one, it looks like most of the hijinks will be happening in the wee hours. I may just have to cowboy up and get there early.

I may be there rocking the iphone 4 if my preorder comes in :-D but still need the other two and couldnt make a reservation was to busy trying to get a pre order in

jbennardo
Jun 22, 2010, 12:05 PM
I've got one reserved - but I wonder if it's even possible to add one on once I get in there? I may surprise the wife with one if that's an option.

psymac
Jun 22, 2010, 12:08 PM
When are you planning on going ?!?! I was thinking launch day 4am

Probably around 1am, ready for the geek party!

warr1979
Jun 22, 2010, 12:11 PM
Probably around 1am, ready for the geek party!

If i give you my ping chat can you let me know how the crowd is at that time cause if its getting deep then ill go there as soon as you let me know !!

psymac
Jun 22, 2010, 12:24 PM
If i give you my ping chat can you let me know how the crowd is at that time cause if its getting deep then ill go there as soon as you let me know !!

Sure, pm me and let me know how to do that, never did before.

warr1979
Jun 22, 2010, 12:30 PM
Sure, pm me and let me know how to do that, never did before.

PM sent name is Will

nfl46
Jun 22, 2010, 04:27 PM
I'm going to feel like a loser coming so late. Lol. I want to experience the 7AM opening and everyone screaming. Lol.

warr1979
Jun 22, 2010, 04:44 PM
I'm going to feel like a loser coming so late. Lol. I want to experience the 7AM opening and everyone screaming. Lol.

Ill be there at 7 but i wont be screaming ...lol what time are you planning on going?

enjoinick
Jun 22, 2010, 06:26 PM
It sounds like there is two different entrances does that mean there is a run to the front when the doors open?

warr1979
Jun 22, 2010, 07:24 PM
It sounds like there is two different entrances does that mean there is a run to the front when the doors open?

Nah there very organized there ...Theres only going to be one main entrance youll see by the line....lol

jisaac
Jun 22, 2010, 09:58 PM
So if I get there at 6 without a reservation or pre-order, I wonder how long I'll be in line...

psymac
Jun 22, 2010, 10:27 PM
Does anyone know for sure that we will be able to park at the mall near Dillards the nite before and start a line at that entrance? Hearing some malls are not letting people line up before 6am.

ShellyFM
Jun 23, 2010, 12:42 AM
I am really hoping they have the white iPhones at launch since they only said they aren't available for pre-order or in-store pick-up, which I'm hoping means not available for pre-order or reservation but is available for walk-ins. If anyone hears anything, will you please post the info or PM me, and I'll come camp out with you guys! Thanks!

warr1979
Jun 23, 2010, 12:58 AM
Does anyone know for sure that we will be able to park at the mall near Dillards the nite before and start a line at that entrance? Hearing some malls are not letting people line up before 6am.

Well i hope some one finds out if not theres going to be a BIG rush to the door at 6!! ....lol You can find me at the penthouse till 3 iphone till 6 if thats the case!!

AppleFreak89
Jun 23, 2010, 07:11 AM
i have a reservation but i have work at 9:30 am :s what time should i get there???

ITMoron
Jun 23, 2010, 07:17 AM
I got my original iPhone 3 days after release, but 3G and 3GS on launch day. This is my first year reserving one.

I plan to get there around 7:00 maybe 7:15, once the line starts to move. My previous experiences have shown the preorder line moves VERY quickly!

AppleFreak89
Jun 23, 2010, 07:23 AM
I got my original iPhone 3 days after release, but 3G and 3GS on launch day. This is my first year reserving one.

I plan to get there around 7:00 maybe 7:15, once the line starts to move. My previous experiences have shown the preorder line moves VERY quickly!

Thankkks! :D

Basement06
Jun 23, 2010, 07:25 AM
Bought 3G and 3GS on launch days at the AT&T store at International and always had great luck since people seem to forget it's there. Luckily I was able to get in a reservation at the Apple store and planning on getting there between 0400-0500.

jbennardo
Jun 23, 2010, 07:51 AM
I plan on getting there around 6. I just can't bring myself to get up any earlier on my day off haha.

coolchris101
Jun 23, 2010, 08:14 AM
I will be getting there around 11:00 AM today (The 23rd) staying there all day out in the heat, and then camping out all night! I hope I will be the first in line, but im sure I will see you all there!!! Come over to my camp site and say hi! :)
:apple::apple:

warr1979
Jun 23, 2010, 09:29 AM
I will be getting there around 11:00 AM today (The 23rd) staying there all day out in the heat, and then camping out all night! I hope I will be the first in line, but im sure I will see you all there!!! Come over to my camp site and say hi! :)

Can you let me know how the line is going if i PM you with my ping chat and or number ??

thanks!!

hansenc
Jun 23, 2010, 09:31 AM

Yeah let me know how the line is lol.

ITMoron
Jun 23, 2010, 10:05 AM

Well, its 11:00 am. Are you first in line?

jbennardo
Jun 23, 2010, 10:21 AM
Well, its 11:00 am. Are you first in line?

11am? holy moly it's hotter than satan's crotch - I couldn't deal with that. He's gonna be ripe by tomorrow. :p

SethRogen
Jun 23, 2010, 10:36 AM
I'll be in line tonight! Around 5 p.m -7 p.m. The line starts outside? Not inside until it closes?

warr1979
Jun 23, 2010, 10:40 AM
I'll be in line tonight! Around 5 p.m -7 p.m. The line starts outside? Not inside until it closes?

Man your better then me im trying for like 4am maybe earlier 12 hours is to long

weapons
Jun 23, 2010, 11:41 AM
I still plan on being there at around 4 for the reserved line, but now that att wont have any available for walk-ins it is going to be crazy. If anyone is going to be there earlier and has ping chat PM me so I can get a feel for the line.

Basement06
Jun 23, 2010, 01:52 PM
Any early updates on a line forming yet?

SethRogen
Jun 23, 2010, 01:57 PM
Man your better then me im trying for like 4am maybe earlier 12 hours is to long

Eh... I think your right. I am having dinner at the mall tonight, so I will check out the line while I am there. I am thinking about getting in line around 10 p.m - 11 p.m.

warr1979
Jun 23, 2010, 02:07 PM
Eh... I think your right. I am having dinner at the mall tonight, so I will check out the line while I am there. I am thinking about getting in line around 10 p.m - 11 p.m.
Do you have Ping chat ?!?! Its free in the app store !! Can you keep me updated ?!?! My ping chat id is warr1979 if not I can PM you my number If the lines get a little deep then ill shot up there earlier.

psymac
Jun 23, 2010, 04:27 PM
Anybody in line yet?

vlj9r
Jun 23, 2010, 04:40 PM
counting down!

I'll be there early in the am.

Hope to read some post from folks that may camp out overnight. Don't go crazy. I don't want to wait too long. :)

hansenc
Jun 23, 2010, 06:53 PM
Yes line has started, in it right now. prob 30-40 deep.

hansenc
Jun 23, 2010, 07:07 PM
bay news 9 has now showed up.

SethRogen
Jun 23, 2010, 07:43 PM
I just called and they said 75 people are in line? WTF Rly? 35 I can see, but 75. I knew I should have left earlier..... I am on my way now!

hansenc
Jun 23, 2010, 07:51 PM
yeah 75 is about right. i posted 35 an hr or so ago.

Anonymouslives
Jun 23, 2010, 08:15 PM
Bro, tell me exactly what the situation is at Brandon mall, that's where my reservation is? You talked to security, what exactly was said, in detail?

hansenc
Jun 23, 2010, 08:19 PM
Bro, tell me exactly what the situation is at Brandon mall, that's where my reservation is? You talked to security, what exactly was said, in detail?

They clearly said no lining up till 6am and no cars in the parking lot till 6am. they said no exceptions, people will be asked to leave.

psymac
Jun 23, 2010, 08:22 PM
Any wifi in the line?

hansenc
Jun 23, 2010, 08:23 PM
where I am, yes. picking up Apple's wifi full bars woohoo

PoloMaine
Jun 23, 2010, 08:37 PM
So everyone in line has to leave? also hensec which mall are you at? Brandon or International?

hansenc
Jun 23, 2010, 08:41 PM
Brandon had to leave, I am at International.

mypins
Jun 23, 2010, 09:02 PM
yeah 75 is about right. i posted 35 an hr or so ago.

How many are pre-registered? I didn't and will show up at 7 hoping to snag one.

PoloMaine
Jun 23, 2010, 09:06 PM
Brandon had to leave, I am at International.

how many people are at international? alot?

SethRogen
Jun 23, 2010, 09:09 PM
I am here. There is about 100 people here now. Wow... I wonder what it will I be like in the morning. It is growing like every 5 minutes.

PoloMaine
Jun 23, 2010, 09:11 PM
I am here. There is about 100 people here now. Wow... I wonder what it will I be like in the morning. It is growing like every 5 minutes.

i wonder if everyone there planned on getting the blk iphone in the first place lol....ill be there at 2am

SethRogen
Jun 23, 2010, 09:20 PM
Cut that. It's growing every 1- 2 minutes.

psymac
Jun 23, 2010, 09:26 PM
Whoo hoo, I'm here, over 100 in line! No wifi though, but lots of fanboys and girls.

PoloMaine
Jun 23, 2010, 09:27 PM
Cut that. It's growing every 1- 2 minutes.

u think if i come at 2am ill be good?

jbennardo
Jun 23, 2010, 09:30 PM
sitting in my house admiring you all - such a dedicated group. I'll be there around 6 hoping for the best. :)

i1ducati
Jun 23, 2010, 09:30 PM
I didn't preorder, anyone think its worth it to show up at 4am and try for a 32 gig?

mypins
Jun 23, 2010, 09:39 PM

My flight is delayed getting back to TIA tonight. Maybe I should just walk over from the airport! Naw, my wife would kill me. I barely survived buying my i7 17 inch MBP last month!

jbennardo
Jun 23, 2010, 09:47 PM
I didn't preorder, anyone think its worth it to show up at 4am and try for a 32 gig?

not sure... i wonder how many of the line is walk-ins or reservations looking to have some launch day fun?

dyates0801
Jun 23, 2010, 09:48 PM
any idea how many are there with resevations? I have one myself and am trying to see when I should come there. thx:D

SethRogen
Jun 23, 2010, 09:49 PM

I am not sure if this is true...
Someone said they will have 1000 in stock and 750 of them were reserved and 250 are for walk-ins. So if this true, you have a good chance, but it would depend on what model you want, 16 GB or 32 GB (or maybe a surprise of some white ones :p)
Again, don't hold me to this information. Someone told me this a few minutes ago in line.

PoloMaine
Jun 23, 2010, 09:54 PM
Someone said they will have 1000 in stock and 750 of them were reserved and 250 are for walk-ins. So if this true, you have a good chance, but it would depend on what model you want, 16 GB or 32 GB (or maybe a surprise of some white ones :p)
Again, don't hold me to this information. Someone told me this a few minutes ago in line.

alright thanks..i shall try 2 be there a b4 2am then..i want the 16gb..

i1ducati
Jun 23, 2010, 10:00 PM
I just went through the preorder form online. do I select a store or print something out or pay? I can select online or retail store, and under retail store it says:

Apple Retail Store
Thank you for setting up your account online. Visit your favorite Apple Retail Store starting on June 24 to buy your iPhone. iPhone 4 is available on a first-come first-served basis. Limit 2 per person.

does this mean I have one reserved at any store???

PoloMaine
Jun 23, 2010, 10:03 PM
i also wonder if everyone there are walk-ins?

jbennardo
Jun 23, 2010, 10:04 PM
I just went through the preorder form online. do I select a store or print something out or pay? I can select online or retail store, and under retail store it says:

Apple Retail Store
Thank you for setting up your account online. Visit your favorite Apple Retail Store starting on June 24 to buy your iPhone. iPhone 4 is available on a first-come first-served basis. Limit 2 per person.

does this mean I have one reserved at any store???

It's too late to reserve or pre-order for tomorrow - it was game over within a day or so actually. You'll have to get there as early as you can to try and score one. Good luck to you!

dyates0801
Jun 23, 2010, 10:04 PM
JUst saw news story on bay news 9 and they said that there will be two lines and apple will allow those with reservations in first and after them they will allow the walk-ups. might just wait to get there till 630AM

hey chris,
saw you on tv dude. any idea how many are there with reservations?

i1ducati
Jun 23, 2010, 10:06 PM
It's too late to reserve or pre-order for tomorrow - it was game over within a day or so actually. You'll have to get there as early as you can to try and score one. Good luck to you!

Thanks, i thought so, but their website is deceiving!

jbennardo
Jun 23, 2010, 10:09 PM
Thanks, i thought so, but their website is deceiving!

Well technically you can place an order but it won't get to you until after July 14th but yeah, it doesn't really "turn you away". If you try AT&T they just flat out tell you to GTFO haha.

I should just head down there in a bit, there is no way I'm gonna be able to sleep tonight.

SethRogen
Jun 23, 2010, 10:30 PM
JUst saw news story on bay news 9 and they said that there will be two lines and apple will allow those with reservations in first and after them they will allow the walk-ups. might just wait to get there till 630AM

hey chris,
saw you on tv dude. any idea how many are there with reservations?

Damn. I want to see this. Does anyone have the video, on the site or YouTube?

Also, the line is so large I can't even see where it ends...

PoloMaine
Jun 23, 2010, 10:34 PM
Damn. I want to see this. Does anyone have the video, on the site or YouTube?

Also, the line is so large I can't even see where it ends...

damn lol is it worth even coming then to get in line? how many ppl do u think are there as of now?

hansenc
Jun 23, 2010, 10:38 PM
its on www.baynews9.com

SethRogen
Jun 23, 2010, 10:45 PM
its on www.baynews9.com

Yeah I saw... Stupid flash....! I'm on my iPad. I tried going on my laptop on it, but no wifi. Can anyone upload it to YouTube?
And there is maybe 145-165? Again the line is so big, I can't even see the end. There may be less, there may be more. I am just guessing.

jbennardo
Jun 23, 2010, 10:46 PM
Nice, just saw the story... I hope I can say hey to you guys.

weapons
Jun 23, 2010, 10:51 PM
Yeah I saw... Stupid flash....! I'm on my iPad. I tried going on my laptop on it, but no wifi. Can anyone upload it to YouTube?
And there is maybe 145-165? Again the line is so big, I can't even see the end. There may be less, there may be more. I am just guessing.

Damn, that's crazy. Wonder how many are reserved.....I may just head out to see all the buzz.

hansenc
Jun 23, 2010, 10:56 PM
its pretty crazy out here, the line has reached the end of robb and stucky and now they are starting to line people up on the right side of the entrance.

ShellyFM
Jun 23, 2010, 11:00 PM

Any word on white ones? :-)

hansenc
Jun 23, 2010, 11:00 PM
Any word on white ones? :-)

lol i hear they have one. :rolleyes:

ShellyFM
Jun 23, 2010, 11:06 PM
lol i hear they have one. :rolleyes:

A girl can dream! :D

psymac
Jun 23, 2010, 11:21 PM
Over 200 now

JohnnyQuest
Jun 23, 2010, 11:39 PM
This is insane! I watched the thing on Bay News 9, sucks they had you waiting outside in the heat and humidity! Keep it up though! :cool:

travislopes
Jun 23, 2010, 11:40 PM
If this 250 for walk-ins is true, what do you guys think the chances are of getting one for someone who gets there around 4PM?

iOS compatible version of Bay News 9 clip: http://droplr.com/1fDpfg

hansenc
Jun 23, 2010, 11:43 PM
If this 250 for walk-ins is true, what do you guys think the chances are of getting one for someone who gets there around 4PM?

Walk-ins uhh no.

If you arent already in line right now you wont be walking in today for an iphone.

Pre-order, thats another story.

Best shot is Friday Morning to get whats left-over from people that didn't come for pickup today.

hansenc
Jun 23, 2010, 11:49 PM
I have a spot for sale in front of the line. PM for details.

SethRogen
Jun 24, 2010, 12:09 AM

iOS compatible version of Bay News 9 clip: http://droplr.com/1fDpfg

Thank you so much! I got there immediately when they were leaving. This line is nuts! I expect everyone to be pissed and start to boo when they split up line with reserves and walk-ins. Good news for me is I have a reservation. I bet I will be one of the first people in. The guy 2 spots in front of me has a reservation also.

PoloMaine
Jun 24, 2010, 12:23 AM

Pm me with the pricing

jisaac
Jun 24, 2010, 12:25 AM
I went out with some friends for a few drinks and now I need a spot in line. PM me if you are willing to sell your spot.

hansenc
Jun 24, 2010, 12:38 AM
Pm me with the pricing

it wont let me PM you... PM me for price. you will get a phone from where we are. we're close :)

PoloMaine
Jun 24, 2010, 12:54 AM
it wont let me PM you... PM me for price. you will get a phone from where we are. we're close :)

It won't let me pm u 8-( lol

idyll
Jun 24, 2010, 01:28 AM
is it possible to buy the phones at the non-commitment price at the apple store? i've read numerous posts that say this is not possible, only the subsidized pricing

also, how will they be splitting the lines without causing chaos :/ ?

travislopes
Jun 24, 2010, 02:05 AM
From Engadget:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2010/06/6-23-10-panorama.jpg

SethRogen
Jun 24, 2010, 02:15 AM
Omg Wi-fi Finally Works!!!! :)

hansenc
Jun 24, 2010, 02:39 AM

We still have a spot for sale in the mid 20's of the line for $300. people who inquired wont be here till 6:30 or so, so if your hear and want to get up to the front, we've got a space for you! and for those of you waiting till 6:30, good luck....
this line is HUGE.

AppleFreak89
Jun 24, 2010, 04:03 AM
i have a reservation.. according to you guys is there already a line for that?????

hansenc
Jun 24, 2010, 04:10 AM
I have a reservation card.

We have a few extras too, for a price.

weapons
Jun 24, 2010, 04:21 AM
Are they Linning up reservations

hansenc
Jun 24, 2010, 04:23 AM
We are in line right now, we have extra people in line with cards that you can take the place of.

slippery-pete
Jun 24, 2010, 04:59 AM
Over 200 now. Wow just crazy. They are handing out some sort of cards/tickets now

teerexx52
Jun 24, 2010, 05:57 AM
I'm down towards the tail end of the line. Difficult to say how many in line. Haven't split it yet. Moving now

mypins
Jun 24, 2010, 06:14 AM
We are in line right now, we have extra people in line with cards that you can take the place of.

Last in line! Woo hoo!

slippery-pete
Jun 24, 2010, 06:57 AM
Reserves going 1st. Walk ins are pissed

SethRogen
Jun 24, 2010, 07:08 AM
I was one of the first people in and out of the store. Yay me! :D
I got in line around 9:30 p.m. with a Reservation!
They split the line up once inside.
The Chicken Biscuits, Apples, Water Bottles, and Orange Juice were all mighty tasty.
iPhone 4 Reservations Rule!!!!

psymac
Jun 24, 2010, 07:34 AM
In line about midnight, #70 or so, was reserved so went in first at 7 and then was about #20, very smooth, out by 730. Line when I left must have been over 300 or even 400.

Phone is great, jewel like for sure and very fast. Typing is much better, screen has better discrimination than 3GS.

ITMoron
Jun 24, 2010, 08:30 AM
I have a phone reserved. Showed up at 7:35 this morning expecting 2 separate lines. Instead I was told to get to the back of the line and we would be separated when we got inside.

Screw that! The line was almost out to Spruce street! I'll come back around 1:00, hopefully it won't be quite as long by then.

Supposedly my reserved phone is safe until the store closes at 9:00 tonight.

hansenc
Jun 24, 2010, 09:22 AM
ended up with two phones :) one for me, one for ebay!

jisaac
Jun 24, 2010, 09:29 AM
ended up with two phones :) one for me, one for ebay!

How are you getting the second phone? What is the best strategy, add a line then cancel? Upgrade a second line but don't use it?

hansenc
Jun 24, 2010, 09:30 AM
How are you getting the second phone? What is the best strategy, add a line then cancel? Upgrade a second line but don't use it?

Buy for $699 and sell for more.

If you buy for full price you do not have to activate it in store.

jbennardo
Jun 24, 2010, 10:36 AM
Reserves going 1st. Walk ins are pissed

yeah some guy was shouting at the apple people about "why is this line not moving but they are?"

hansenc
Jun 24, 2010, 11:19 AM
yeah some guy was shouting at the apple people about "why is this line not moving but they are?"

Where the people in the beginning of the line? if so that was prob the group i was with/next to.

nsxrox
Jun 24, 2010, 12:00 PM
Line is still past Dillards at International. (Might have to zoom in to see) But no line for Bumpers!

http://i49.tinypic.com/2dkivm0.jpg

dsa1971
Jun 24, 2010, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=nsxrox;10308937]Line is still past Dillards at International. (Might have to zoom in to see) But no line for Bumpers!

Damn! Hope this line is gone by the time I get there at 6pm tonight.

hansenc
Jun 24, 2010, 01:05 PM
yeah it was crazy long. wonder if they sold out yet.

Glad I waited overnight and not during the day. at least I didn't have to deal with the sun for too long when I got there at 6.

jbennardo
Jun 24, 2010, 01:09 PM
Where the people in the beginning of the line? if so that was prob the group i was with/next to.

Nah, it was after we were inside the mall part... later in the morning. I guess some people were there from the night before and were frustrated. All in all, I thought Apple and the mall handled things quite well considering the amount of people that showed up.

neks0ne
Jun 24, 2010, 01:59 PM
Tampa International mall....Greeted with water and Chick Filet sanwiches.

Walk in line was shorter- they separated the walk ins from the preorders at 9:30 (in my section of the line)- Saw them get walked over to the canopy area- and after an hour saw two of them leave with iphones.

Here is a novel idea apple. Walk ins- dead last. Fill the preorders first. The cake, and the "two lines" email was a lie. :)

I left- I will go later on, hopefully my preorder will be there.

(....kicking myself for not choosing to buy when I got through on the preorder page on the 15th)

jisaac
Jun 24, 2010, 02:10 PM
So has Tampa/Intl run out yet?

neks0ne
Jun 24, 2010, 04:19 PM
I called a few minutes ago- Info I got was that "walk ins" are accounted for- however they are still in line-

The other news I got is that preorders are still "a few hours in line"....

I asked how many are left (in stock), I was told around 100.

I just cant wait a few hours in line for a phone, especially since I have a reservation.

Last time I booked a restaurant reservation, I could of sworn I was seated before the walk ins.....

jmsteve3
Jun 24, 2010, 05:07 PM
Yeah, today was kind of crazy. Got in line at 9:45 AM, and walked out with phone in hand at 6:30 PM. I had a reservation. The apple store employees were letting about 1 walk-in for every 10 reservation into the store. Lots of people were VERY angry about it. All in all, I waited a little over 6 1/2 hours, but the "walk-in" who went right before me waited about 10.

dsa1971
Jun 24, 2010, 05:10 PM
6pm. Still 100 people outside. Not sure how many inside. 2-3 hour wait.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26379209@N03/4730932273/

neks0ne
Jun 24, 2010, 05:40 PM
Glad to hear you got your phone jmsteve-

I think I will head up at 8 or so.....

I will call first and make sure there isnt a 3 hour line...I just dont have that in me to wait.

Its kinda like Universal Studios....next ride, 120 minutes...for a ride that last 2.

SpiderMan ride is cool and all, but I have a phone that works fine atm ;)

jisaac
Jun 24, 2010, 10:17 PM
Any word on if International Plaza ran out of phones today? Thinking about going over tomorrow AM and seeing who may have missed their pick-up reservation.

chronman23
Jun 24, 2010, 11:16 PM
Any word on if International Plaza ran out of phones today? Thinking about going over tomorrow AM and seeing who may have missed their pick-up reservation.

+1 does anyone know?

jmsteve3
Jun 25, 2010, 12:52 AM
neks0ne,
What's the update? Did you snag a phone?

dsa1971
Jun 25, 2010, 05:02 AM
+1 does anyone know?

They at least have some from people who abandoned their reservations. I doubt they'll have very many

jisaac
Jun 25, 2010, 05:45 AM
Twelve in line for leftovers. I'm number 9.

hansenc
Jun 25, 2010, 06:43 AM
Twelve in line for leftovers. I'm number 9.

Good luck :)

I have finally recovered from the camp out night, got a good nights sleep yesterday/this morning.

jisaac
Jun 25, 2010, 11:13 AM
Short wait and I was out with my new phones. Should have gone back through for seconds.

travislopes
Jun 25, 2010, 11:39 AM
Short wait and I was out with my new phones. Should have gone back through for seconds.

Do you know how many are left?

jisaac
Jun 25, 2010, 11:48 AM
Do you know how many are left?

I asked but the two workers I ask said they were not disclosing that info... it seemed a good number were still available. But this was around 8AM.

travislopes
Jun 25, 2010, 01:20 PM
In line now. They still have some left if anyone needs one. Around a half hour wait.

teerexx52
Jun 27, 2010, 05:38 AM
In line now. They still have some left if anyone needs one. Around a half hour wait.

Do they still have any?

dsa1971
Jun 27, 2010, 07:49 AM
Do they still have any?

Don't think so. Had a friend who went there yesterday and they did not have any.

hansenc
Jun 27, 2010, 10:44 AM
Don't think so. Had a friend who went there yesterday and they did not have any.

Correct, yesterday they told me they were sold out when i was buying some accessories.

jbennardo
Jul 1, 2010, 11:08 PM
Still out - I'm now on the priority list so I can get one for the wife.

teerexx52
Jul 7, 2010, 05:31 PM
Still out - I'm now on the priority list so I can get one for the wife.

I'm on the list too. Did you get one yet?

ShellyFM
Jul 7, 2010, 09:53 PM
I'm on the list too. Did you get one yet?

Do they have a priority list for the white ones?

teerexx52
Jul 8, 2010, 09:13 PM
No email yet:(